It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in ghosts/the paranormal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Just a curiosity thread, but why do you believe in ghosts/the paranormal? What experiences, information or events etc specifically led you to believe in the paranormal more and do you believe wholeheartedly in ghosts etc now or still not completely wholeheartedly?
Or do you not really believe in ghosts and stuff at all, what sort of evidence/proof etc would make you become more of a believer?
What sorts of specific paranormal things do you believe or not believe in as well (like ghosts, orbs, demons, dopplegangers etc)?
Has believing more in paranormal stuff reinforced your beliefs in there being an afterlife?

I'm just very interested in hearing your experiences and stuff and why exactly you believe in what you do on this sort of subject

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
because I dont want life to be so boring, so predictable that we know everything about it and there is no mystery about our existence.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by grifta
because I dont want life to be so boring, so predictable that we know everything about it and there is no mystery about our existence.

So you haven't actually had any paranormal experiences yourself? You just believe because you want to believe etc?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I didn't believe in the paranormal until I had some experiences that I could not explain. Before that, I was a hardcore skeptic. Since having these experiences, I can't explain them any other way except to be paranormal.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What one believes comes down to a simple matter of experience and faith. Belief in the paranormal is no different to its adherents than belief in the divine is to the religious.

I believe in certain aspects of the paranormal because I have experienced them. Besides, everyone needs something to believe in. It's part of our human nature.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
What happened in your experiences which made you believe more in the paranormal? I'm very curious to know

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a couple but none i would say "changed" me. I have always been interested in the odder things in life even before i ever experienced anything.
I wouldnt say im a believer because I want to believe either, i just like the journey to get to the answer. Reading about things, hearing about things etc. Im sorry if i dont make sense but you asked my reasons and that is it!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I had an experience several years ago with a shadow person. You can read about my account here:

shadow person or demon?

Needless to say, I had a very unsettling experience. That's what led me to ATS in the first place.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
ghost are real but poeple won't even go near you if you are a real one.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
im believe in them because i can see them

many of you will think im crazy

but truth is i see them can anyone else?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The reason for my dabbling in the occult and psi is because of a encounter in a few years ago, and still wondering to this day of what is going on.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

new topics

top topics

join