It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Posting for my mate : ghostly recording...??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Morning/afternoon (whatever time you are reading this)
My mate isnt a member on here and had an unusual experience the other day, so i thought i would copy and paste his exact words and link to his recording. Anybody have any comments or questions i can relay them to him.Thanks in advance!(his words in bold and link below)

Here's the situation, between 7 30 and 8 00 pm , i was alone at my unit, internet had been on all day and my active speakers were on too, but I was not connected to and internet stations AT ALL !! All day i noticed the speakers popping from time to time , which is normal, but around 7 45 pm I heard chanting coming from somewhere, and quicly realised it was coming from my speakers, at forst very loud, then it was quiet, I tried turning it up on the pc, turning it down and even muting it, but it made no difference.

I decided to record it onto my fone, and transfered it to cool edit pro so I cu get rid of all the gaps at home, the original recording was 20 mins long !

I posted it up on a friends site and he recognised it as latin as I did at the time and he shoewed me a traslation, which if you listen you will hear it is the Latin version of the hail mary !

Translated means:

HAIL Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners.... and so forth

The Hail mary is rarely chanted out like that in voice form on the radio or anywhere in general infact anymore.. If they hale mary is heard in public nowadays its usually within gregorian chant form and is more of a melow church music style chant with a musical choir backdrop.

To be spoken in word form like that is rare as it would have no use in todays world especially being repeated. The only times this was ever used in repetition was traditionally used as a form of greeting in monestrys many moons ago before the time of st dominic and would be repeated up to hundreds of times. This is the only situation in which it would have been spoken as you can hear there! [b/]

recorded sample

edited title in case people thought i was making a statement.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by grifta]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:12 AM
link   
anybody?
im not definitely saying its paranormal - i wasnt even there - i just think its weird and would love anybodies opinion.
Thank you.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
oops double post.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by grifta]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
I do not have much of an opinion regarding your post. I listened to your recording and thought it was interesting. I am mainly posting to tell you not to get discouraged. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to discuss the recording with you. If you notice your thread making its way into the abyss without a response then simply bump the thread.

What type of speakers does your mate use? Speakers, afterall, are receivers. They're probably poorly shielded and he's picking up some radiowaves. Tell your mate to either buy some tin foil or new speakers.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
thank you , sorry if it seemed impatient, i didnt mean it to be! Its just my curiosity getting the better of me.
Anyway ill ask my friend, and tell him what you said.
Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say you were impatient. I just know how annoying it can be when your thread doesn't get a response.

Anyhoo...

I wouldn't be too worried about the chanting. I don't feel it's otherworldly. I would imagine your mate was simply picking up some type of weird interference. Now, if this happened on a regular basis then I would start to get a little worried.

Nonetheless, it's a neat little oddity. I used to hear truckers all the time through my TV. Some fellow in my area was apparently using some powerful CB equipment. I imagine it was the guy down the road with the huge antenna and CB base station. :/

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
i think it's actually the rosary in latin. you have a leader saying the first part, "hail mary" through to "thy womb jesus" then the responders saying "holy mary mother of god, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death". i think i also hear the mysteries or an our father in there, but i don't speak latin and the recording's not to clear , so i'm not sure, the form just sounds like it changes.

don't know about anywhere else but saying a few decades of the rosary is quite common among catholics in ireland, it happens after mass or at funerals usually.

this recording is exactly the way the rosary is chanted, the leader speaks latin well but the crowd are just making the sounds for the most part so the rhythm is used to tell people when to respond and when the form changes so they know if it's a hail mary of an our father or a mystery they're responding to.

i can't say if it's ghostly or not, just thought i'ld expand on what exactly it is. the only thought that occurs to me as a logical explanation is that your friend had picked up the broadcast from a local church. the mike the priest uses is linked to the speakers in the church via radio. if this is the case, often a dead person is "removed to the church" the day before a funeral, about 7, the mass is over by 7.40 and then the priest may lead the rosary over the coffin at the request of the family. i think anyone can lead, but usually the priest.
it might also be the same type of broadcast from evening song at a monastery.

i sometimes pick these broadcasts up on my car stereo, a couple of miles radius maybe.

if it is ghostly, there are a lot of ghosts involved.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
great answers thank you...
perhaps i was a little provocative in the "ghostly" title
The location is birmingham, UK...im not too sure what churches etc are around his studio. I shall feedback to him and let him know.
Cool answers/info both of you.

top topics

join