It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Signs Landmark Genetic Nondiscrimination Information Act Into Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
President Bush Signs Landmark Genetic Nondiscrimination Information Act Into Law

ScienceDaily (May 26, 2008) — U.S. President George W. Bush signed into law May 21 the first civil rights legislation of the new millennium, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA). GINA is the first and only federal legislation that will provide protections against discrimination based on an individual’s genetic information in health insurance coverage and employment settings.

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Wow, this takes me completely by surprise. I thought it would take a court case to get a Bill like this written and passed. This isn't very characteristic of Bush IMO. I think he's trying to make amends for the previous 7 years and some odd months of screw ups and shortcomings.

Good news nonetheless. If anything this is going to help a lot of people who don't or wouldn't have health insurance. A small bandaid on a gaping wound.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Sounds good except wheres the small print where it no doubt says the government needs everyones DNA profile on record in order to uphold this new law *insert creative reasoning to justify small print here*. Nothings ever free folks!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Wow, this takes me completely by surprise. I thought it would take a court case to get a Bill like this written and passed. This isn't very characteristic of Bush IMO. I think he's trying to make amends for the previous 7 years and some odd months of screw ups and shortcomings.

Good news nonetheless. If anything this is going to help a lot of people who don't or wouldn't have health insurance. A small bandaid on a gaping wound.

I wouldn't be surprised at this - I would be even MORE suspicious. It is often the case in 'nice sounding' bill names, that the opposite function occurs. IMHO this sets the case for all sorts of nasty precedents.

peace

Duncan

new topics

top topics

join