It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US operates 'secret floating prisons'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   

US operates 'secret floating prisons'

www.news.com.au

THE US has reportedly been accused of operating secret "floating prisons" to hold and interrogate war on terror suspects.

Human rights lawyers claim to have compiled a detailed list of US ships that have been used as offshore prisons for terror detainees, UK newspaper The Guardian reports.

The information has been reportedly gleaned from a number of sources, including from official statements from US military, official European reports and the testimonies of prisoners.

Human rights organisation Reprieve, which also operates in Australia, say they will publish the claims later this year.

"They (US authorities) choose ships to try to keep their misconduct as far as possible from the prying eyes of the media and lawyers. We will eventually reunite these ghost prisoners with their legal rights, ' Clive Stafford Smith, Reprieve's legal director, said to The Guardian.

"By its own admission, the US Government is currently detaining at least 26,000 people without trial in secret prisons, and information suggests up to 80,000 have been 'through the system' since 2001.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
26,000 people without trial in secret prisons.

America has now become, in my eyes, the modern day equivalent of Nazi Germany.

www.news.com.au

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by the titor experience

you got it man, there is no chance in hell that every one of those 26000 are terrorists,
I would suspect very few if any,
lump in the rest of the people being held illegally around the world by the U.S. and you have an indisputable case for comparing them to Nazis.
How they get the American citizens to go along with it is bad enough, but why is the rest of the world sitting by and letting them get away with it unchallenged??

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Oceania builds huge seabound installations on an scale unseen even today.

"A Floating Fortress, for example, has locked up in it the labour that would build several hundred cargo-ships. Ultimately it is scrapped as obsolete, never having brought any material benefit to anybody, and with further enormous labours another Floating Fortress is built."

In the early part of the twentieth century, it seemed that naval warfare would produce ever-more powerful and larger vessels. While World War II demonstrated the supremacy of aircraft carriers for the first time, it still would have appeared to many as if there was no real limit to the effective size of a ship of war.

To a self-aware superstate, however, the idea of a floating fortress would be attractive indeed. Imagine a huge military enterprise operating in a far-flung location, designed to serve no purpose other than to absorb a nation's productive energies in maintaining a futile, ill-defined and endless war.

The concept of a floating fortress was first touted in a novel by George Orwell: 1984. Sadly it seems like the rest of his dystopian vision is also coming true.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
26,000 is a huge number. My heart goes out to them and their families, wherever they are from.

I hate to think how many real terrorists may have been created by the US Gov's treatment of these people. That's the NWO's plan though.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think it is only a matter of short time before much of the United States citizens 'wake up'. The US government has used 9/11 and the war to herd the sheople into believing this is "for our safety". More and more information seems to be released or 'leaked' to the public and it is making the masses aware of the corrupt and decieving government. I see no way that people could remain ignorant if information like this continues to be covered nor do I think that people will support these government cover-ups. At least not if they're ALLOWED to. We're being stripped of our BASIC freedoms already and peaceful protestors are being arrested for excercising a constitutional right.

My question is: How long until the people take action and stop this mechanism of the NWO before it is too late?

[edit on 2-6-2008 by ZiggyMojo]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You know I try and try to DI but let me just show you this ...

"Hilberg estimate of 5.1 million, in the third edition of The Destruction of the European Jews, includes over 800,000 who died from "ghettoization and general privation"; 1,400,000 killed in open-air shootings; and up to 2,900,000 who perished in camps. Hilberg estimates the death toll of Jews in Poland as up to 3,000,000.[33] Hilberg's numbers are generally considered to be a conservative estimate, as they typically include only those deaths for which records are available, avoiding statistical adjustment.[34]"

EXPERIMENTS

Experiments on twins-
Freezing experiments-
Malaria experiments-
Mustard gas experiments-
Sulfonamide experiments-
Sea water experiments-
Sterilization experiments-
Typhus (Fleckfieber) experiments-
Experiments with poison-
Incendiary bomb experiments-
High altitude experiments-

NOW YOU ARE TELLING ME THIS IS MODERN DAY NAZI GERMANY ??

Please by all means show me where the people are hiding ?!?!?!? Besides for our own military killing themselves besides going back to fight a war that WE the people have nothing to do with.

PLEASE DO TELL ....

Originally posted by the titor experience

26,000 people without trial in secret prisons.

America has now become, in my eyes, the modern day equivalent of Nazi Germany.

www.news.com.au

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
You see what happened in Nazi Germany when good men did nothing. Now when good men stand up and speak out they are called "Conspiracy Theorists, Unamerican, Unpatriotic, Communist, Liberal, or Appeaser". Yes, I am an American and it is beginning to look like Nazi Germany to me as well. One super nationalistic, greedy, warmongering group of wealthy individuals trying to subjugate the rest of the entire world under their rule. Each year of war makes them richer, while killing off the rest of us. You do know that only poor people go to war don't you? You won't see Bush's kids, or Chertoff's kids, or Cheney's kids fighting in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Posted this here:

US accused of holding terror

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well you won't see PRINCE CHARLES KIDS fighting in the war either .. And I think you are missing the point ... Yet, I will not restate my pointS again ... As U.S. may be money hungry and have Little to NO morals but, NAZI'S they are not ... ... I think you may need to get ANY BOOK ON NAZI GERMANY and OPEN IT TO ANY PAGE ... and read a couple sentences.

Originally posted by groingrinder
You see what happened in Nazi Germany when good men did nothing. Now when good men stand up and speak out they are called "Conspiracy Theorists, Unamerican, Unpatriotic, Communist, Liberal, or Appeaser". Yes, I am an American and it is beginning to look like Nazi Germany to me as well. One super nationalistic, greedy, warmongering group of wealthy individuals trying to subjugate the rest of the entire world under their rule. Each year of war makes them richer, while killing off the rest of us. You do know that only poor people go to war don't you? You won't see Bush's kids, or Chertoff's kids, or Cheney's kids fighting in Iraq.

Neither here not there, I live in Texas and lots of my "POOR" friends ... I quote that because that is what you would call us .. Although are parents eat out of their own gardens and milk thier own goats and fetch water from a well .... That doesn't make me "POOR" or "CULTURED" lol ... it make me have respect from the land I grew up on ... and have even more respect for my parents and Authorative figures.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deus_Brandon
Well you won't see PRINCE CHARLES KIDS fighting in the war either .. .

Really? Musta been a look-alike that was calling in close air support in A-stan as a JTAC. The best was the hat he was wearing that said, "We do bad things to bad people."

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ongoing Discussion already HERE

Please add to the already ongoing thread.

This one is closed. Sorry.

new topics

top topics

join