It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Reason for Secrecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Ok, I've been reading some of the moon conspiracy stuff lately and it got me thinking. There is this old argument "how could all these people keep such secrets, surely one of them would leak information?". I figure more govt officials are in the dark than we think and actually only a handful of govt entities are 'in the know' but there must be a solid reason behind the dedication of these humans to keep such a earth shaking secret. I think the only plausible answer is that they have been 'brought inside' and something is at stake. For example we've made contact but the aliens have requested extreme secrecy for now -for some reason, who knows what (maybe they have agreed to protect us against a hostile race but the arrangement has to be hidden or no deal). Now if I were brought inside of all of this and some dudes were filling me in stating how 'we are not alone' and 'the aliens have requested we remain in secrecy until the time is right and if that fails we lose everything, we lose a relationship with them that could usher in a new era for mankind' or even protection. I don't know about you, but I would likely be ok with that and likely not wanting to f&*$ things up for all of humanity. Once inside you would feel more than a human, more than a citizen, you would be one of the chosen ones. Life would have new meaning, your role would have unimaginable importance and significance. You would know that disclosure will come one day but it must be played out right and exactly how the aliens have requested (once again for unknown reasons). It is this scenario that creates small collectives of people sworn to secrecy with zero desire to fill us in. I dunno.. thoughts?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
i also have trouble with grammer, especially where to put paragraphs, wich can make some posts difficult/tiring to read.

So every 5 lines at the end of every sentance press enter to leave a gap, then yourthreads will not get ignored ok?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by black_suburbans

interesting scenario, op, but my take on it is quite the opposite; keeping anything secret gives the holders of the secret power over the rest of us, the mainstream religions practised that for centuries.

between heavy compartmentalisation and signed oaths dealing with treason i can see how it s easy to conceal; plus add in that any that opt for disclosure are subjected to massive riducule and/or threats.

all government employees sworn face some very heavy penalties for treason; research it and see it you would want to pay the stated price.

seeker

posted on Sep, 11 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
It's not "treason" but disclosing harmful national security information. And yes it could be very bad.

Firstly, there are active counterintelligence agents probing employees all the time.

And then, if you work in a classified field, all your contacts, references and history are classified. If you lose your clearance, you can't really get another good job. Especially if you are fired for cause---much less charged or convicted of a crime.

And then more simply, your pension can be eliminated. Since you can't get a job now, this really matters.

To those of us who are, let's say, more middle aged and have responsibilities like a wife and a mortgage, these things really do make a difference.

And probably most classified information is exceptionally boring.

[edit on 11-9-2008 by mbkennel]

top topics

join