It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You have to be blind if you cannot see that there's an open door for all inmigrants (myself included) to come to this great country: work. People from all over the world come to work because there's a huge demand for it, you can keep yelling and insulting everybody with your racist comments but the bottom line is this a great portion of the economic developement of this country lies on the backs of the inmigrants, we are the ones that at this precise moment are containing some of the inflation's effects, because we cost less and produce more, we are hard working people with noble intentions of giving our families a better future. I'm pretty sure that if you've been in an illegal alien shoes you'll do the same. It is really sad that there're still this kind of third reich thinking of the "supremacy of a certain skin color", we are now in a globalized world, and the only race should be the human race.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I honestly don't think anyone was complaining or making light of your particular experience. I know I certainly wasn't.

It was your abusive tactics that were called into question. Apparently several times by the moderators.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

I hope guys like you get everything you ask for. Why?

Just to see the look on your face when you wake up in an empty country.

What you don’t understand is that your leaders of your country are flooding it with immigrants (which they have been doing all its history) from Mexico and other countries because white Americans don’t have any babies. YOU BUY DOGS!!

How in the world are you going to sustain a growth in population (which is fundamental for a capitalist country) if you do nothing but buy dogs?

In Mexico dogs are dogs nothing but animals, in the great US of A they are your children hahahahaha.

And you want to kick the only people who have children out hahaha.

Everyone pays taxes. Every time you buy something you pay taxes. Every time you buy gas you pay tax. Income tax goes to nothing and social security is gone so what are you talking about?

America is not America any more it was sold to China, Japan, Saudi Arabia, and many more.

Oh but your worried about the only people who pay property tax and many other taxes. The only people keeping America afolte with population. That’s who you want out. Hahaha.

You are just mad because you are exterminating your selves off the face of the planet. And you blame others who don’t do the same. Hahaha.

I think people who leave there country to go to America should go back until Americans get on there knees and begs them to come back. That my 2 cents

TA Izarith.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Funny part is it was probably stolen by a white person such as yourself your neighbor or perhaps a friend of yours and sold to a "Mexican" unless you go around and leave your daughters social security number lying around or she was careless with it? Either way I would like to know how your so certain a Mexican stole her number? Im sure hes/shes using it but I doubt that same person stole it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm from New York City, and there are many illegal immigrants here. My family are immigrants from Ecuador, but I guess we're the kind that got here Legally. My grandmother was given a workers visa in 1969, which allowed her to stay. She took her oath as an American and has never regretted it, nor did my Grandfather, nor did my uncles who proudly served in the US Military, nor did my mother when she became a citizen. As I see it, being American is in our character, it's in our belief of how a government should work, it's our belief in Democracy. American is NOT a RACE, nor a lineage, American is the constitution, the Bill of Rights, OUR HISTORY, Our Legacy as a nation. The illegals who are here, have come become they want to able to live as free as we supposedly do. They want the opportunity to live, work, and raise a family just like we do. SO what if they have a culture that isn't like the one you're used to! damn it I'm not Italian but pasta is a family favorite, we'll have rice and beans, but dude, where's the baked ziti?
Just as they have to assimilate into our cultures doesn't mean that we can't learn and take something from theirs. Illegal immigrants want to be here, they want to work, damn it I've worked with them, they work 16-20 hours a day for what? A miserly wage that barely covers rent, food, and some form of recreation? Our government is failing to see what assets these people can be, they fail to see the potential to make these people a real working force and thus put money back into the system. They do pay taxes in NYC, they the 8.25 percent tax that I pay whenever I by clothes, books, or a movie. They pay the $6.00 dollars it costs to take the Whitestone Bridge, the Holland Tunnel...want me to go on? To send them back and hate them is wrong. They retaliate fiercely against us because we look at them as low scum. Yeah everybody has the potential to be bad, I've seen some unkosher so called "WHite" kids smoking joints on Long Island all day long....but yet thats okay, because they're legal.
As an American Citizen, I'd ask my country to focus inward and help these people out. They want to work, well give the same treatment I get, make them work in the system and it'll benefit all of us. But then our Government is busy looking for riches elsewhere, trying to wage wars and bring democracy to other countries that don't want it. Look inward before you can look outward, there's a problem at home, don't you think we should fix the domestic problems here out home, before we go after terrorists abroad? damn as an American citizen, sometimes I sure feel that the government that supposed to benefit me, isn't given anything right not. Hmmmm....
Gio

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Arent you guys glad Im about to open your minds.

I’m the son of Illegal aliens, so I know a lot about living in that life you guys are hating on, first my parents had never ask for welfare or any type of medical aid, they were to proud to do anything like that, they never used social security’s from other people because they didn’t need it they worked in a farm, so yeah.

Illegal aliens, as bad as you think they are doing to this country, they are not, it’s all stupid, the argument is stupid, there is no problem, you think they don’t pay taxes, but they do, when they do a type of purchase of any kind to store they are paying taxes…(this one is out of the thing a little but who cares if they don’t pay the income tax, is not a even part of the law to what I know.)
Now im not saying all of them are great some of them do come over here and @#$* everything up for everyone else, but the majority of them are great people, plus if you look thought the US history their has always been immigration and their has always been some stupid issue to try to get rid of them, the Irish, Italians, Jews, pollens, etc. came all to this country as immigrants, and their was always some type of group tray in to stop them from coming over here because they thought they were no good for nothing, this is the same issue whit the immigrants from today, its all racist, and its all bull @#$%!

Immigration will be here forever, and building and stupid fence to try to stop it is stupid, and wasting tax payer money on it is more stupid.

You want facts more then mine look them up, in fact here is a thing you can see.

Illegal immigration
www.youtube.com...

Open your mind, read a book and educate your self.
The world is not what you think.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
please i'm a european, mostly countries in the middle east do not consider, england,france,germeny, italiy, and many other countries not to be a real european countries. we consider these countries to be outsiders such as the asian race. so when you imply europeans, no the british / american are strickly not from a european race. these are somewhere in middle probably 50/50 from both sides but normally nobody calls germeny western

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
This is a sensitive subject. I am american, background is eastern european. IM a mutt, lol. I owrk with illegals. Thier cool usualy. But, being hispanic, htey will stick together, and leave us whtioe and blacks behind. The ones i work wiht, are form Guatemala mostly. All i hear form htem, is those effin black people, or those gringos... yes my workplace, CVS/pharmacy hires them, at management level. They work under false socail security, until after abou 10years, they can get leagal residency, via a lawyer.The funny thing is, the judge knows they were illegal, yes bonds them in becoming a citizen. They dont want to be citiznes here, they just want the dollar, to send back home. They could care less, and imsure same might go for us, of in thier country.
Truest amercians to me, would be the INdians....i cant think of any truer american. LOts fo my friends are or were hispanic... but at same time, it kinda hurts, becuase thier the ones getting promotions, it seems, and us legal taxpayers, are getting the layoffs and runarounds. This is coprorate america.... they hire illgals, and pay them $8 or $10 an hour, which is not much even on 40 hours, and do tons fo work with half or no medical, dentist options. Much cheaper, for this slave labor. More expensive, to pay us.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Immigration is not the problem not has it ever been. America was built on immigration. The problem is the control of immigration. I am still amazed that our borders have not been secured after 9/11 and that goes for both north and south.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Isnt it nice to blame others for your problems? Id like to see some form of proof "you" taxpayers are losing your jobs due to immigration. And while your searching for that, Im going to try and practice being a "cool" hispanic.

reply to post by ziggy1706

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I read the first 3 pages of this thread.. and I can't go much further without saying something.

Funny enough, on Netflix, I watched a free episode of Penn and Tellers BullS about immigration, it was probably the best thing that I have ever watched.

I have said some pretty ignorant things about immigration (illegal).

My husbands family is from Nicaragua and I am about as white as it gets. (just in case yall were wondering :@@

If it were easy to come to this country legally would one have to do so illegally?

Why do they come to this country? Because it is the land of oppurtunity, they want to pursue the american dream.. they want to feed their family. They work dirt cheap.. don't be mad at them for trying to feed their family.. be mad at the employer that is a cheapskate and wants to pay under the table.

I think Chris Rock said it best.. you are not American unless you are a Veteran or you swam to get here. Everyone else just got lucky.

As for they don't speak English..
... Yes, I think that they should be willing to learn but trying to get an adult to learn another language is hard.. heck I have been trying to learn Spanish.. and really if it weren't for Dora the Explorer I wouldn't know much. lol.

We are all just people, trying to get by, stop racism, it really is SILLY.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by galatea]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Hello Eyes,

There is no way Mexico will stand for the NAU .

Mexico is a free country and the Gov down here is scared poopless of its people and that’s the way it should be.

Don’t think for a second that Mexicans in Mexico want to live in the US.

Every Mexican that wants to be in the US “IS” in the US thanks to your leaders and the lack of involvement and reasonability of Americans toward their country.

Mexico is a great country with beautiful land, great free spirited people and rich in recourses.

Actually my heart goes out to every Mexican that does not see the true freedom and beauty they have forsaken to go and live in America. I truly pity them.

Mexico has a lot of problems but life is good here everyone has a home, ownership of land is very high, families are tight and strong and we are wild self-sufficient people. We fight for what we want and work hard for it. We owe nothing to none. A lot of people not just in Mexico but also around the world can’t handle freedom, they want Gov to take care of them and tell them how to live their lives. So the go to the US.

But for every American against the NAU there are 20 Mexicans who will die on there feet before they ever live on their knees in the NAU.

Take my word on this you can count Mexico out!!

TA!! Izarith.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
i should say all immigrants are idiots. why the hell everyone wants to go to USA? get your leg broken and you will loose loads of money. get sick a bit more serious and you will loose your lifetime savings or even worse. what else? ohh, surveillance state! i wouldnt want to be a hacker in USA. i wouldnt even want to be a cyber pirate in USA. there are great chances to get in prison with this. what about income tax? tax that everyone pays and everyone knows that is well illegal? next - federal reserve? corrupted senate gave all money of the country to private hands. american dream you say? yeah, sure, dont be naive. american dream is real for those who have enormous credit card debts.

So how long americans will let immigrants in? i dont see real reason why someone should defend a hole. im sorry to all americans, i know its hard to hear that you live in hole, but your country is far from one that we see on TV.

so let me put main question otherwise: how long ppl will immigrate to USA?
as long as they wont be able to see wtf is rly happening.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Hello Ziggy,

This is very true what you say I feel so bad for White people in America.

My father is from Boston and he is as white as they get. He is pretty proude of it too being from southy. But he made sure his kids were Mexican so he could raise them right.

White Americans of the past were free people but now most are yuppies who are so afraid of their kids and wives that they don’t have time to do their jobs as citizens of this country. Not only that but they are so afraid of everything like the law, being poor, not having strait teeth, their credit standing, the mortgage, the ret.

Every white American needs to watch “O’brother where art thou” and remember what being an American is all about. Freedom and running from slavery.

Everything is being taken from you from the “guys up top” by flooding America with Cheep labor. And who do you blame the cheap labor. You need to start blaming yourselves and start having a lot of babies.

And stop being so afraid of everything.

Speak out!!

Just don’t blame the cattle you let into your lawn for eating all the grass. Blame the one who stole your freedom. Blame yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Well historically the SW of america belonged to hispanic before, one can argue that the whites are the immigrants hehe

link   
I had to ask,

What are the statistics for "Real Americans ", not of hispanic descent regarding drugs, murders, education,Robberies, blabla bla????

Look it up- its not pretty.

Unfortunatly,humanity has a dark side and that applies to all races, including pure White.

link   
reply to post by Ice_Man

Why White Americans ? I think it be should all Americans. All U.S Citizens know Illegal immigration is a wide spread problem. I could say why are white Americans hiring illegal’s, why are white Americans outsourcing our jobs. Why are white Americans manufacturing in china. Hence , my statement is more true than yours ICE-Man; It works both ways. Your 4 key re-strengthening points are a tall order fill. The truth of the matter is that white American is most likely to blame for outsourcing jobs, Giving job’s to illegal’s, etc. and so forth. There is much to be said on the subject matter and must be looked at from all perspectives, but White America Come-on Iceman wake up. There is no white America Never has been, and never will be. That’s what makes America strong. My Family came from Germany, and Spain just as other family’s immigrated here after WWII from all over the world. The people from Mexico are some of the nicest people I have ever met they come here for a better life, a better education. The American dream. There is much reform that has to be done on the issues of immigration that would work out for everyone, and that's what our are elected officials are trying to do now. You sir, Ice-man have a superiority complex and need to study American History and get over yourself.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Well historically the SW of america belonged to hispanic before, one can argue that the whites are the immigrants hehe

In reality much of the hispanic culture is foreign to the new world so sw US didn't really belong to Mexico either. The US just took what Mexico and Spain has taken earlier.

Then again the original cultures had a habit of skinning people alive or tearing out people's hearts as sacrifice so the sun would rise the next day. I really don't think anyone would want to live as the native Americans did 500 years ago with all the tribal warfare and human sacrifice.

Back on topic, I am wondering why no one is calling out the corrupt government of Mexico. If the government of Mexico didn't cater to the Mexican elites and actually served the people of their country, Mexico would be prosperous on its own and wouldn't have to worry about the American taxpayer providing a social net for what should be the responsibility of the Mexican government.

Come to think of it, I think the elites in both countries are laughing about this argument while the average American taxpayer and the poor Mexican migrant suffers.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiorano

Originally posted by ravenflt
Infact Hispanic people are closer geographically to america than the white immigrants have ever been.

well actually Hispanic people are European, and the Mexicans and Central Americans of Hispanic/native American blood are closer to 'America' than 'white' immigrants have ever been
remember that the whole Hispanic thing starts from Spain/Portugal and the Iberian Peninsula or Hispaniola where the term Hispanic Comes from
perhaps we should rethink calling Mexicans Hispanic and calla spade a spade
Mexicans are Mexicans and Hispanics must lay some heritage to europe.
so this blurs too many definitions..
beside Not that every person is racists or classist or whetever-ist but the Spanish and Portuguese would not liked to be lumped into the 'Hispanic' term along with Mexico and central Americas and much of South Americas- the majority being of Native/indigenous mixed European conquerer heritage.
the Argentines would certainly not appreciate this grouping either

OMG! I'm not white, my ancestors came from Europe!
Yay Yay Yay!

I am Irish Italian, but I'm not white.

Ok if "White" people did not come from Europe, just where the hell did they come from?
And everyone please stop calling me white, OOOH I hate that!

Umm. . . What color am I then?

You know if we all started calling each other brown we would be closer to the truth, and all this crap would get too confusing to bother with!

Oh and my wife is from mainland china, what color are my children?

And just for the record.
My family never owned slaves.
Did not spread disease among or shoot those here before us, killing them off.
Worked their damned selves to death contributing to the common good. Fought for the common defense.
Did not drain the wealth from everyone else around them unfairly.

I appreciate that you have your own heritage. I am trying to illustrate to you that I have one also. And very few of us "Whiteys" have the heritage which is commonly prejudiced upon us.

You lumped us as "white immigrants" Dude, Do you have any concept of the diversity within that category?

Your Spanish ancestors wiped out the indigenous civilization with sword gun and disease! In what way are you closer, because your ancestors raped wholesale? You need to get off that conquistedore high horse.
I suppose you can envision yourself on the indian side of the family and as the victim if it makes you feel better.

Better yet, how about we stop playing the blame each other for the ancestors game. It's either that or be the spawn of mass murderers for you my friend.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

Hello Wutone,

LOL

The Mexican Gov is very corrupt true.

But it is in no way as close as the most dreaded corrupt entity on this planet The United States of America. The USA is the congregation of so many corrupt countries China, Saudi Arabia, USSR, Israel just to name a few. Corruption with global reach all over the world.

The US has caused more death and starvation on this planet that they are up there with “old world” past nations like England and Spain, with only a 200 year history.

Yes Mexico is corrupt but they are corrupt with them selves Mexico does not drag every county down with corruption like the master US.

No my friend compared to the US Mexico is but a armature when it comes to corruption.

People go to the US because they want to not because Mexico steals from national petroleum.

Actually the only reason corruption is so visible in Mexico is because everyone King or peasant in Mexico can be corrupt. Despite being a double-edged sword ethical corruption is just freedom at a price of blood or gold. It’s really not that bad.

But in the US only the top 20% can be corrupt you have to be a good slave.

P.S. Mexicans are a product of the new world. We were born from it. So it is ours. The reason why Spain had to mix their blood with that of the Aztec and Mayan’s is because that is what every conquering nation does when they cannot conquer.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join