It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

I don't need to do any research. Everything I need to know I learned in my Texas history class.
Maybe you should read about the Alamo and the battle of San Jacinto?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I'm not harrassing you. I'm taking you to task for using racial slurs, and personally attacking a fellow member. Both which are against the terms and conditions of this site.

Terms and Conditions

Especially this part:

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Is that really so hard to understand?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I am merely responding to you.And if your referring to me as Pancho Villa-how original. Do you even know who he was and what he did? Or is this another stereotype? And if this is the type of thing that will get people upset than I guess were doing something right. The truth hurts.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
haha History class? We all know how reliable that information is! Of course I learned of the Alamo. Im from San Antonio. And thats just another pack of lies and a new thread.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jamiros

I spelled it that way purposely.

I agree with you. Like I've said this is a very sore subject will a lot of people right now. It doesn't help matters when they act so arrogantly about the situation. Like protesting that they aren't getting the same rights as American citizens while waving a mexican flag. Go figure.

Also all the hyp about they do the jobs Americans won't do. It's not that we won't do them. We just won't do them for $3 an hour!
Thanks to them because of that wages are going down for everyone. Oh yeah you go guys that's something to brag about.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Oh I'm sorry I didn't see your moderator banner in your avatar. Please for give me.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I'm not claiming to be a moderator. Just reminding of you the rules. They're a lot like laws, and need to be abided by.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

Gee I don't know? I'm not the one with mexican bandits in my avatar. Yes I know exactly who he was. He was a voilent criminal.

Alamo history a pack of lies?

I need to let you know right now that I am a Daughter of the Republic of Texas. I know full well it's TRUE!! I had ancestors there before all the mexicans showed up and murdered them all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Yeah we have tons to brag about. For starters, how we would do anything to support our families. 3 dollars, 50 dollars it doesnt matter. Were not going to laugh at the amount or look down our noses at it. Just shows how hard we are willing to work.

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by jamiros

I spelled it that way purposely.

I agree with you. Like I've said this is a very sore subject will a lot of people right now. It doesn't help matters when they act so arrogantly about the situation. Like protesting that they aren't getting the same rights as American citizens while waving a mexican flag. Go figure.

Also all the hyp about they do the jobs Americans won't do. It's not that we won't do them. We just won't do them for $3 an hour!
Thanks to them because of that wages are going down for everyone. Oh yeah you go guys that's something to brag about.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Ehh, laws (to some) are overrated and get broken all the time.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I as well had ancestors that were murdered,most likely by your ancestors.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Alright, these personal attacks will end now.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
And again, you say something that is nothing but lies. IF you knew what my avatar was youd have nothing to say. This is so much fun. Your making yourself sound ignorant all on your own! LMAO

reply to post by LaBella

Gee I don't know? I'm not the one with mexican bandits in my avatar. Yes I know exactly who he was. He was a voilent criminal.

I need to let you know right now that I am a Daughter of the Republic of Texas. I know full well it's TRUE!! I had ancestors there before all the mexicans showed up and murdered them all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

That's something I don't understand, if they ran from Mexico because of treatment or lack of opportunity, why isn't there any "patriotism" for the country that did take them and helped them? I mean, if they want rights they need to become citizens. Just like some of our ancestors.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The Texas Revolution was a battle waged upon Mexico. During the seige at the Alamo, Mexico was defending its land. Quite bluntly, your ancestors were not innocent bystanders that were murdered. The lost their lives in a war they chose to wage.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by maria_stardust]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

You really don't get it. They are bringing down wages, bringing up crime, ruining the economy and, the scenery by trashing good neighborhoods. If they want all of that why not stay in mexico. It's already that way!!

How can you be proud that a illegal will work for less that what he should?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Correction Lone Star, not all of Mexico is that way I have seen it. Lookup Monterrey or San Pedro Garza Garcia which is the house of the richest man in the world or was for a while. Carlos Slim (btw, he's Lebanese like me
)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I never said anything about pride. I said it shows how hard we are willing to work. Why do you think they work for 3 dollars (like you claim) or less? Because they have a Harvard education?

So let me get this straight..We trash YOUR neighborhoods? In what way? It seems to me its the other way around. The pink flamingos and gnomes are a bit much dont you think?

reply to post by LaBella

You really don't get it. They are bringing down wages, bringing up crime, ruining the economy and, the scenery by trashing good neighborhoods. If they want all of that why not stay in mexico. It's already that way!!

How can you be proud that a illegal will work for less that what he should?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

No IT WASN'T!! Settlers were already in Texas by the time mexico won't independence from Spain. People we told by the US government they could buy the UNOCCUPIED land in Texas. Then when the money became tight in the US mexico offered the same land only they wanted them to be part of the republic of mexico.

"The most immediate cause of the Texas Revolution was the refusal of many Texas, both Anglo and **Mexican**(HELLO SEE THIS???), to accept the governmental changes mandated by "Siete Leyes" which placed almost total power in the hands of the Mexican national government and Santa Anna.

Most of the Anglos who moved to Texas came from the Deep South. During the 1820s and 1830s, this region was swept by Jacksonian Democracy - a governmental philosophy that held that all government was bad, the best government was the least government, government grew more tyrannical the fewer people held power, the executive branch was the most dangerous and the one to be given the least power, etc. Perhaps most importantly, Jacksonian Democrats and the vast majority of Anglos who emigrated to Mexican Texas felt that governmental power should be vested primarily in local and state governments which, being closer to the people, were more representative and more easily controlled.

Many Mexicans felt exactly the same way. Remember that one of the internal disputes in post-revolutionary Mexico involved the best way to distribute power between local, state, and national levels of government. Centralists, who wished to allot the overwhelming majority of power to the central/national government in Mexico City, were fought tooth and nail by those all across Mexico who felt this would amount to an uncontrollable and tyrannical dictatorship.

Until 1835 these groups fought one another for control. In October, 1835 the centralists and Santa Anna won out with the enactment of "Siete Leyes". This move: (1) did away with the federalist Constitution of 1824, (2) abolished all state legislatures including that of Coahuila y Tejas, and (3) replaced states with "departments" headed up by governors and appointed councils selected by and serving at the pleasure of Santa Anna.

The reaction in many sections of Mexico, including Texas, was military resistance to the creation of what many citizens saw as an all-powerful government in the hands of a tyrannical Santa Anna. In Texas, war was originally waged in an attempt to restore the Constitution of 1824 and federalism. Only later would it become a war of independence."

www2.austin.cc.tx.us...

You are both wrong wrong wrong wrong!!! Nice try.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBella

How? They don't call them barrios for nothing. I'd much rather see a pink flamingo than a house that looks like a candy factory blew up. Don't forget the drugs and drunken knife fights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join