It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

I remember as a kid growing up in the Los Angeles school system receiving parent

" notifications " in like 10 or 15 different languages
Not just Spanish!

[edit on 8-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ice_Man
I would ask, how long do you here think that the (white) americans will allow wanton immigration of the hispanic people crossing the borders from mexico to continue on?

They come, work, and don't pay taxes on their earnings, hence robbing the american government...

I can imagine a few centuries back if we had internet the Indians would have asked the same thing. "How long do you here think that the (Indian) americans will allow wanton immigration of the "white" people crossing the borders from the Atlantic ocean to continue on?"

Also...robbing the american gov?
I suppose some Indians are rolling over in their graves at this idea that the white gov. of America is now somehow a victim.

I know...I know...time erases all wrongs, and its in the present we are prey to victimization.

No the fact is not to dwell over the past, its true...but to realize the whole sillyness of the "mine" vs. "yours" mentality.

That saying, "wherever I lay my head is home" is quite true.
Where you put your butt...its yours until its moved. The whole concept of ownership is rooted in egoic thought (the mind gone wild).

I would suggest the problem is not mexican immigrants, but something that starts and ends within ourselves.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
...I live in Oregon now and all the local farms would go broke though these farmers heavily rely on them for seasonal labor becuase all the local teenagers dont want to do that type of work...

The old worn-out 'hispanics do the work Americans don't want' ploy. It certainly seems true depending on where you live. Where I am currently living there are very few hispanics and guess what - here Americans are doing all those menial jobs that 'Americans won't do'. Imagine that! Throw out the illegals and Americans will scoop up those jobs.

Fwiw I am pro-immigration btw. I am an immigrant myself. I entered the US legally and became a citizen legally. Imo immigrants should do it right or get the hell out.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You're talking about illegal heaven. LA and NY are the ONLY cities like that. OK I'm sure Miami is that way as well. It's a well known fact that those are sanctuary cities.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Originally posted by Ice_Man
I would ask, how long do you here think that the (white) americans will allow wanton immigration of the hispanic people crossing the borders from mexico to continue on?

They come, work, and don't pay taxes on their earnings, hence robbing the american government...

I can imagine a few centuries back if we had internet the Indians would have asked the same thing. "How long do you here think that the (Indian) americans will allow wanton immigration of the "white" people crossing the borders from the Atlantic ocean to continue on?"

Also...robbing the american gov?
I suppose some Indians are rolling over in their graves at this idea that the white gov. of America is now somehow a victim.

I know...I know...time erases all wrongs, and its in the present we are prey to victimization.

No the fact is not to dwell over the past, its true...but to realize the whole sillyness of the "mine" vs. "yours" mentality.

That saying, "wherever I lay my head is home" is quite true.
Where you put your butt...its yours until its moved. The whole concept of ownership is rooted in egoic thought (the mind gone wild).

I would suggest the problem is not mexican immigrants, but something that starts and ends within ourselves.

Peace

dAlen

solid post. solid! i could't agree with you more. thnx for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You just have to love a true citizen of the Lone Star State. Breed unto themselves, to be sure.

How is it that it has been forgotten that just as many Mexican Texans stood against Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna as white immigrant Texans? The results of the outcome based education system's historical revisionism no doubt.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Is that all you got? You think I, being a Daughter of the Republic of Texas, don't know this? Yes I freaking know. Juan Abamillo, Juan A. Badillo, Carlos Espalier, Gregorio Esparza, Antonio Fuentes, and Andrés Nava were a few. Actually they were a hand full of true Tejanos. Nice try though.

Why don't you learn how to read and read some of my post where I explain why the Texas/mexican war happened. Please, deny ingnorance.

Suggesting I'm an inbreeder only shows your ignorance.

When you know your Texas history - the good, bad and ugly - spot on, come by and give it another try, k?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Why excuse me... I was commenting on how much I enjoyed your post; your grasp of history. Never would a southern gentleman accuse anyone of inbreeding, such crude vindictiveness is unbecoming a southerner. Not an antagonist I assure you! Please forgive me if I did not make that clear.

Indeed, I was lamenting others seeming victimization by the current outcome based education system in our nation. Further, I was merely highlighting that unique breed of fiery independent American: Texans; a breed unto themselves. Meant as a compliment. Holster your six shooter, I am a Virginian after all.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by SGTChas]

[edit on 6/10/2008 by SGTChas]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

I was wondering. I did notice your are a Virginian. I was thinking "umm some of those guys were there too, what gives?" There were 12 known Virginians there.

Sorry very sorry for my misunderstanding. However my knee jerk reaction is due to the many ignorant replies I've gotten.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Having suffered attempts at marginalization in the current anti-Christian sentiment by the immature in their prevailing rush toward crass generalization while playing the ‘blame game’ for the ills of American society, I avoid the errors of the obviously ignorant. Yes… When the mediocre, ill informed, mean or weak minded are confronted with truth they cannot assail with reason, the next step is the vindictive assault in the attempt to marginalize.

Being a Southerner who was always against the evils of racism and segregation, I am well versed with such however. Being a Virginian born in Arlington no less, I always stand amazed at the pronouncements of national founts of wisdom exposing the politically correct 'company line' mantras of the indoctrinated. To such amazing articulations of historical revisionism and stupidity, I stand mute. How can one reason with proponents of an alternate reality of such amazing scale?

Further, at this point in time we need unity. I would stand shoulder to shoulder with any American to protect their right to pronounce their belief that America was created by aliens. (Which some seem to actually believe) So I choose not to sweat the small stuff.

No offence taken, "peace out".

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

It happens friend. For example you have people who don't believe the Holocaust occured. It's very well documented and witnessed yet they scoff at the notion. Go figure. There will be two sides of the board in every issue presented to man. I credit this to years of brainwashing.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by jamiros

That's a nobel thought; however - just like with this thread - I'm a Texan debating with two mexicans. Nothing I say will make them see my view.

Is there a peace prize that comes with that "Nobel" thought?
Line 2

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   
hm, why was i banned for starting this thread? seems it was on point, considering the number of responses....

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I don't know why you were banned. Maybe I missed something.

The cost of illegal immigration is billions of dollars.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join