It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Immigration into America by the hispanic peoples...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariana9

Hello Ariana,

Well maybe I took it to far with that statement.

But there are visa and documents you need if you are going to stay for more that 72 hr. and if you’re going further down.

Many Americans have broken these laws that no one cares about.

I don’t care about them and nether does anyone in Mexico I’m just trying to make a point.

Every time I hear someone say, “Mexicans came here illegally” I think to myself “So Americans do too.” But what ever come to Mexico you are most welcome.

If the reason for your visit is for pleasure or recreation, you may only need a tourist card (known in Mexico as an FM-T). Tourist cards can be obtained quickly, usually within minutes, from an authorized agency. U.S. and Canadian citizens do not require tourist card if:

Link to site

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ariana9

One of the misconceptions about Mexico is that it is filthy, terrible place. You really can't judge an entire country based on your experiences along a regional border. That's analogous to a foreigner visiting a rough area of New York City, and declaring that it is typical of all America. That's simply not the case.

There is a drug war occurring along the border, nor am I making light of the dangers that exist there. But there is more to Mexico than the border. I recently spent nearly a month in Jalisco this year, and I experienced it from a local point of view, as opposed to the tourist hotspots. It's a beautiful country, so please don't trash it because of your limited travel experiences.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

Thanks ^_^

Your's is cute too.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I wish that any illegal persons living in America right now would just do the right thing. I feel that it would help out everyone in the end if illegals came into the light and got their citizenship. I don't think it is fair for illegal citizens to get government benefits such as welfare and social security. I don't understand how it is happening but I would like for it to stop. Seems the only solution is a Real ID or RFID chip

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7
Seems the only solution is a Real ID or RFID chip.

Do we really want to go down this road? The only way RFID solution would work is if everybody, and I mean everybody, got one.

Do we really want Big Brother tagging each and every one of us. Talk about invasion of privacy! Not to mention the whole "mark of the beast" arguments that could be made against such a move.

RFID is scary stuff, and not what is needed for immigration reform.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Immigration is he real issue not where or who comes across
but the impact and most obvious least integrating group is from south of the border which of course makes a lot of people nervous as the numbers of the population shifts...

if illegal Polish/Russian/Norwegian people were everywhere would we (Heinz 57 type Americans) complain as much?

not many complaints have been heard regarding these groups and neither the Korean or Chinese why is this?

I am sure learning the language and integrating and enculturing to the American way (even if living 'Bi-culturally) is one of the big issues or causes/source of ill feeling- especially finger pointing south to Mexico and lands past that...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
To Izarith

I believe you're painting a really dumbfounded view of Mexico.

You're making generalizations as to how your town is/was. Please be aware that not all of Mexico is this "free" and "rich in life". There's a reason people migrate to the US. Corrupt police, no job stability, schooling that doesn't help in Mexico. Like many other things, its who you know/kiss a$$ to. Sure, that exists in the US too but please, don't paint a picture that Mexico is some terribly grand country to live in.

I'm from Salamanca, Guanajuato Mexico by the way.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by leira7...
It seems the only solution is a Real ID or RFID chip
Nah all we need to do is plant land mines around the border. If they want to come here they'll have to do it the right way!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
This is a very tough, very complicated issue. Far too much out and out rascism in this thread, kudos to the mods for editing MOST of it out! I'm sort of in the middle on the subject. On the one hand yes, I can see there is a problem, I live in Los Angeles and see it every day. The local schools are absolutely worthless now, over half the students don't speak English, everything has to be done in two languages so in reality no one has the opportunity to learn. Can't go to Home Depot without 100 illegals tyring to go home with you to do some construction work. Petty crime is way up, an awful lot of hit and runs, etc. I have several neighbors who are here illegally, the majority of them are good, hard-working people. There is a language barrier sure, and slight cultural differences. Then there are those that are here to feed off the system, trash the neighborhood, rent houses which they eventually get kicked out of once the landlord sees how they're trashing the place, have 4-5 large, multi-child families living in a 2 bedroom house, kids running around at all hours of the night, gangbangerish types, etc, etc. There's got to be a middle ground somewhere. My family are French Canadians, couldn't speak English, learned the language, did everything legally. That's the way it should be. People are so quick to point out the $h!thole that is Tijuana and claim that's a good representation of all of Mexico, it'd be like using Compton as an example of the US, things aren't that black and white. Mexico's border towns are a third world wasteland, granted, aside from that and the Americanized tourist spots like Cancun (why go to another country if you want an American experience anyway? Cancun is like Miami, hate it), aside from that, the country is beautiful, the people are the salt of the Earth, the culture is rich and wonderful, the food out of this world, it's a great place.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I think everyone needs to just calm down and eat some fruit or something.

OR you can listen to last nights program of Coast to Coast.
Maybe you'll understand my feelings a little more.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Oh it also enforces the fact that the mexican government is muy corrupt!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
I think everyone needs to just calm down and eat some fruit

or eat some palpa.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

There's a government on this planet that corrupt?!

I thought all governments (democratic or otherwise) were on the up and up. I am absolutely shocked!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

I thought all governments (democratic or otherwise) were on the up and up. I am absolutely shocked!

There are Texans complaining about pretty much everything!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust

Can't say you never learned anything on ATS!

The same people complaining endlessly about their own government are the first to condemn everyone else's. The hypocrisy is sickening.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Hey, I'm more than happy to talk about our government and their corruption. I blame the Bushes for alot. I'm talking about the border because that is where the point of the origin of the problem is. Keep up. What I am saying is, yes, we can be sentimental about it if we are not right there to see first hand the problem. Then you see how many and how our government does nothing about it. Even just after 911, business as usual on the border. I thought it would be time consuming to cross with all the security. Nope, no problemo. All our government's hype about homeland security was just talk. How can we be secure with our borders so porous and many nationalities sneaking in, not just mexicans. I have a big problem with our government also.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

You watch tv? ha! no wonder you think like that. TV is a circus an amusement park entertainment to keep you from thinking too much and not get in the way of important people maybe because you watch too much News or whatever you think like that, but then again who knows.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

WoW a better economy? lower gas prices? don't you know that petroleum in some years will be over?. Petroleum doesn't just grow on trees, lowering gas prices is just trying to stop the inevitable. One more thing if everyone in the world were like you what would that mean? a sickle over a hammer?.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

uh i think you got my point wrong, i never said that people immigrate to the US to get a better education. I said that because they dont have a good education where they live they immigrate, and i wish everyone in Mexico would know that they can get a good education in other state. But look further from that; lets take for example a low class family, what if they instead of going to the USA for "education" go to another town. How will they survive? how will they live?. Im not saying Mexico is a bad place, no no, is just that some people dont have enough information to make the right decitions. By the way education in Mexico is a bit more expensive, since you have to pay for High School. Then again, Mexico is not a bad place, it was never my intention to mean that.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Vendel

Hello Vendel,

Well now I feel like an idiot and rightly so, I did misunderstand what you said my head was in the wrong place. I hope you accept my apology my friend for saying you were talking bad about Mexico.

Vendel, you rock!!

I just can’t understand why so many Mexicans like Dertodesking that talk about Mexico as if it was Darfur, or as if Mexico was under Nazi rule and they escaped a concentration camp. I understand that they want to better their life. I know Mexico has problems but every country has problems. If they leave Mexico To go to the USA where they are not wanted the more power to them. But they could have tried harder in Mexico. Then they trash Mexico and once they become legal or citizens they trash the very people they come from. It drives me mad.

99% of all Americans I have talked to, that have been all around the country of Mexico say nothing but wonderful things about it. They love it and spend millions of dollars in Mexico vacationing and enjoying the land (the other 1% had a run-in with a cop but nothing to bad. Pleas understand they don’t want to hurt anyone they just want to make a buck too.). But the Mexican immigrants all tell tales of woe and sorrow.

When my family started out we had nothing but a dirt floor but day after day we all worked hard to better our house and our life. Today all my brothers have good jobs in Mexico and have two houses each, I’m just starting but my land is not far from the beach. I would never live in the USA I like Mexico People are so happy down here we live free and work hard. We bow to no one and do as we pleas. We have strong family unity. And every thing we have no matter how little, we own out right.

And Dertodesking,

Stop making new accounts just to talk to me. And don’t name them after my avitar.

I don’t think the image I am painting of my life or of mexico is dumbfounded. It is a great and wonderful country. Actually I think the lie you vomit out about Mexico is blindness. I hope you get the blue eyes and blonde hair you dream of very soon.

I’m from Culiacán, Sinaloa Mexico but now I live in Rosarito just to let you know.

Here is a vid to show you just how beautiful your country is enjoy beautiful Culiacán!!

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Izarith]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join