It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NH90 Helicopter crash Italy (video)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just got news today of one of the NH90 helicopters had a crash in Italy while showing off a rolling turn. It all went pear shape when the helicopter failed in the turn at low altitude and crashed into a lake, the pilot was killed.

These helicopters are built to withstand heavy crashes and it was lucky not all on board were killed.www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Here is a series of photo's that I just found.www.adnkronos.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I didnt see the crash but I'm glad they survived take a look at this

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Awful. Amazing pictures, yet terrible.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I work on the NH90 project in Australia and it is said that the fuselage is so strong that it will not break if involved in a crash. I don't know how true this is and I have no intention off finding out if this is the case.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by cnm1976

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
HOLY
!

Oh man that was one stupid bloody thing to try at that low altitude - and you hear the power dipping at the point where the pilot needed to ram it up ! Oh man thats freaking terrible...

RIP poor pilot.

However, i stand by the comment of a stupid thing to do at such low altitude and so little energy.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Hello, I also work on NH90 program.

A fuse can not resist to a crash and it is a voluntary choice :
By its breaking, it spend a part of the shock.

However, the fuel tanks are developped to not explose during a crash.

Here is the reality about the meaning of fuse strongness.

Sincerely,
An Braz

abz (at) progp.net

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's terrific i have worked on this H/C few mounths ago.

My thoughts go to the wife and sons of the Italian Army Captain died in the crash and to my Italian colleagues from Agusta Westland.

A French guy from Eurocopter.

RIP for the Captain Fornassi.

Bad day for Aeronautic industries.................

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
kaiken takka teulue kstrei skadkfjii
kljkjkjasdfkjk keeer tule ee s siae

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Does anybody have more details on what happened ? Is it "only" an error of the pilot (what seems to be the case) ?

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
A little more about the crash. The pilot miss judge the turn only by a couple of meters as he was very expreienced and had done this many times before. The full photo's which are more clearer show a kyaker in the lake got smashed by the wake of the wave when the helicopter went down.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I work on the NH90 in Germany,France,Finland and soon Australia. The full report hasnt been released but as i have seen from various shows and videos this stunt was done at a lower than normal altitude and you could see he had the speed to pull up but not enough height. Its a sad day for everybody who works on the NH90 project. This is a state of the art helicopter that has proved to be in a class of its own.My thoughts go out to the Pilots families.

Matthew Crate

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
WTF Dan Tanna! Have you ever even flown in a helicopter? Calling that accident "stupid" is just ignorant on your part. I crewed helicopters in the US Army for 10 years and knew several good people who crashed. Sometimes, sh** just happens. If anything, it simply shows that a split-second lapse in judgment during flight or even in maintenance can be very unforgiving and cost lives. That is all that this was. Not "stupid". You should post a public apology to the pilot's family. jeezus!

new topics

top topics

join