It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home from Iraq, wary Marine fatally wounded

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Home from Iraq, wary Marine fatally wounded

hosted.ap.org

"They took it, turned his pockets inside out, took what he had and told him since he was a Marine and didn't have any money he didn't deserve to live. They put the gun to his neck and shot him," Holt told The Associated Press.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Why is this a conspiracy? This seems to me in the MSM they have successfully completed their mission of vilifying veterans. When people can list, as a reason to justify killing another man, that he is a veteran, then I remember the way our veterans were treated after Vietnam, another unpopular war in the media...

hosted.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I read the story and it didn't seem to me that the AP vilified the murdered Marine. I felt the story was reported with candor and compassion.

It's not just an unpopular war in the media, it is very unpopular on Main Street.

www.pollingreport.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I didn't say the story did that. I said that the young villains comments are representative of the attitude towards our heroes, one that is cultivated by the medias choice portrayal of our troops.
I know many guys from my old units still serving. Those people wonder why the media never talks about all the good things they do and the effect they have had. The media only paints our military in a bad light.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Please provide an example of MSM painting the military in a bad light.
Is reporting military transgressions not allowed?

The last story I remember about military incidents; is about the guys that were electrocuted while taking a shower or getting tainted water. To me this seems pro military in pointing out the lack of concern by the contractors for the troops.

Seems pretty fair and balanced to me.
Have you seen this??

www.salon.com...

[edit on 2-6-2008 by whaaa]

top topics

join