It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 3D Look at the Stan Romanek Still

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I see the Stan Romanek still has drawn quite diverse opinion as to what that little image is peering in the window. I'm curious about that as well. I'm cautious though. I believe caution is warranted since we can't rule out all the possibilities until the evidence is examined.

Although we have so little evidence we do have enough to determine if what we are seeing is a single dimensional image. With that in mind I made a negative image of the still.

The negative looks normal. Everything is inverse, exactly as we would expect. There doesn't appear to be a lot to see. Yet there is a lot we don't see that is apparent. If you take this image into a photo editor you will learn it is a one shot deal. No overlays or masks.

I don't see evidence of anyone outside holding up a T-shirt, or wearing one.
I can't see any evidence of the image being painted on the screen, either.

And the reflections in the window prove what you see is what you get. Had any editing been done to remove objects or items behind punkin head, the editing would have affected the reflection in the window too.

The second thing I tested was to determine if it were a flat image like would be painted on a T-shirt or the screen. To do that I plasticized the still as if I were making a mold of the contours.

As you can see there are shadows around punkin head. And those shadows indicate the contours around the head. Definitely what we are seeing is a 3d object, not paint on a flat object.

Finally what I did was shine an omni-directional blue light on punkin head.
Here is the image.

This should help you see the parts of the head that are closest to the window and show the shadowed edges that are farther away.

And as you can see it helps bring out the reflection of the doorway as well.

And I still can't see anything or anyone besides punkin head outside that window. If you can, please help me out here.

Judging by the evidence so far, it seems what we have is 3 dimensional and outside that window. Granted this is a small sampling, and I, just as much as you, would love to have more to compare it with.

But we know it isn't painted. so anyone have any ideas where we go with this now?

[edit on 6/2/2008 by garyo1954]

[edit on 6/2/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Nice work

Ok, so its not a person wearing a shirt.
It's not a flat cutout/painting/any other 2D object

What else can it be besides what hes claiming it is?

A doll of some sort
A mask- I think is doubtful since the mask wouldn't accommodate most people's head, maybe a mask on a pole?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by 1-Cent

I'm glad you are caffeinated. I'm working on that part myself. And it is just not easy with so little to work with.

At this point it looks alien.
Alien to me anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I think he answered his own thread... It's a pumpkin... Probably taken during Halloween... =)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Lets face it people. We have to wait for the DVD....sigh

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Could a projector like the old ones used in school have been used to cast the image onto the window? If the image was drawn on a clear sheet of plastic and projected onto the window, I think it would look similar to this.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by goose]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by goose

How would it be 3D then?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Mate - would you mind holding still while I grab my camera?
Oh hang on - by sheer coincidence I have one right here!

Tricks of light, imperfections in the glass are more likely and gosh dammit, is it possible it's just a hoax?

I think the Halloween pumpkin is the best theory if it is a physical object outside the window. LOL!

Does someone have the motion footage? Perhaps I can give a more serious answer that way. In all honesty, it's hard to surmise anything from this ambiguous 'still'.

IRM

[edit on 2/6/08 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Because the image is being cast onto glass which would distort the image in the right light, plus if the art is drawn well enough it could appear 3 D.

Here is some amazing 3 D art, enjoy.

adlib.blogs.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Starred and Flagged!

Thanks for your analysis on this garyo! This is very interesting. I can't wait to see the actual video on this when it comes out!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
My guess is it's the reflection of a big fat guy wearing a Punisher t shirt.. or something really mundane like the back of a chair..

Unless we see it blinking, smoking a spliff, waving at us etc.. then this picture is worthless.. and let's face it most guys who visit ATS have the ability to create something like that on their pcs at home..

Cheers

Berth

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
The negative looks normal. Everything is inverse, exactly as we would expect. There doesn't appear to be a lot to see. Yet there is a lot we don't see that is apparent. If you take this image into a photo editor you will learn it is a one shot deal. No overlays or masks.

Any jpg that you load up into Photoshop will not have any overlays or masks unless it is a .psd file with layers in it. Not to say you used Photoshop, but the "tests" you did, indicate that you did use Photoshop.

Personally, I don't see how any of these little tests prove anything. They really don't. Never underestimate the power of photo manipulation.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This is what I don't get, why this still? Apparently there is several minutes and another alien. This image wreaks of LAME why not release a frame grab that makes people say HOLY SH&!!! Hell, that would ramp up his sales big time. This grab has if anything decimated his sales. Or maybe, this IS the "killer" shot of the entire event in which case LAME LAME LAME.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Do you mean that the photographs in the picture frames are 3D objects too? Because I can see contours in them as well.

Mod edit to remove bold headline fonts in the entire post. Screaming isn't needed.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good! We're thinking this morning. I was hoping to see some ideas with objections. Maybe I didn't want this many objections but I can live with them.

I'm more than happy to test your theories. After all, my goal is to prove to you that punkin head is three dimensional.

I do agree there is some great 3d artists out there. I won't go so far as to say Stan is one of them. If he were such an artist, why not sell his art? He'd have a much more stable income.

I had some objections to the plasticizing myself. I went to bed thinking about that. I have another idea.

Patience is a virtue.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I do agree there is some great 3d artists out there. I won't go so far as to say Stan is one of them. If he were such an artist, why not sell his art? He'd have a much more stable income.

That is one of the smartest statements I've read yet regarding the video.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

alleged romanek alien

disclaimer: if likeness resembles any ats member/s, it is purely coincidental & unintentional

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject

alleged romanek alien

disclaimer: if likeness resembles any ats member/s, it is purely coincidental & unintentional

darn! how did you get a hold of my real picture ?

*transmits to momma ship about the breach*

nah i did want to say I have been following this story, haven't posted as yet because I have no real knowledge to contribute but I am eager to see what becomes of this. Strange indeed.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Here's a topography of the Stan Romanek still.
Little punkin head is circle/squared in red.

Each color is a different layer, much like a contour map. Punkin head is on the layer outside the window. He's looking more real and more 3 dimensional the further I investigate.

After I saw this, I had one thought. What if the camera was pointed into a mirror filming the reflection?

I'm not sure that makes any difference as to what was filmed. It was just a thought I'm going to let pass for the moment.

The next step is to compare what we have here with some known fakes.

Anybody want to post one for comparison, it would be more than welcome.

Jaded all you have to have is an opinion to join in. I'm always happy to read others thoughts. But my telepathy seems to be on the blink these days.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
There is nothing to be gleaned from the photo - there is no such thing as a photo or video that can prove/disprove aliens. Nothing. Any can be faked.

The only real evidence in this whole debacle is the fact the guy is going to release a DVD for money. That kind of throws a shadow of doubt over the claims made.

My money is on it being a hoax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join