It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[FARCE]There Is Not Any Phoenix On Mars[FARCE]

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

To be rudely blunt, I was not talking about him, I was taking about/to you.

I was told when I was young, that you are not responsible for what others say or do!!
BUT (there is always a but)

You are responsible for what YOU say or do.

If you don't like what he says or does, don't follow his lead.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Big-Brain

What proof do you have other then a bunch of shotty conspriacy theories? You've given a lot of hoop la, but nothing to make me think that the Phoenix didn't land when NASA stated it did.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
As for seeing a pic of the lander coming down, oh, I don't know, what about (maybe) a pic from one of the still working rovers-what i mean is pics of it in orbit or coming down???

Spirit and Opportunity are too far "south" to get images of the Phoenix Lander...they're down in the equatorial regions. They're also optimized to look down, not up. Orbital photography isn't their strong point.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I don't understand your fixation on the inability of a rocket to land "backwards". People have posted links to at least one rocket vehicle that lands vertically "backwards" just like the LEM, the Viking Landers, and the Phoenix Lander...or, for that matter, the Lunar Surveyor probes, or the Soviet (now Russian) Soyuz crew reentry module. They *all* use (or used) rocket braking to "land backward". The technology has existed since the early 60s, and has been demonstrated on two planets and one satellite. It's been documented by video from NASA, JPL, and even spectators at the Space Prize competitions. How much proof do you need?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I cant get this...
After 7 minites of hell to the planet, after the 12 burners
blown dust ext. the lander Phoenix is cleaner as in the clean room on earth.

www.nasa.gov...

Cheerz

:-)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
'Spacecadet',great post(starred),I've added you as a friend awhile ago(I don't know if you knew or not!)

'Brain',Come on man..............(Before you say it,yes I only read like half of the first page)Have you seriously never heard of "Reverse thrust",this isn't "new"technology,I assure you the "Phoenix"didland on Mars.

Let me ask you this................What would be the reason to fake a robotic Mars landing??????

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
So what if it is a fake! This doesn't hurt anyone. Some parts of the space program are real.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I cant get this...
After 7 minites of hell to the planet, after the 12 burners
blown dust ext. the lander Phoenix is cleaner as in the clean room on earth.

www.nasa.gov...

Cheerz

:-)

Again, what would you expect? The lander was packed inside its shell inside a clean environment, and stayed in that shell for the entire trip. The first remote chance of contamination would've been in the upper atmosphere of Mars...but there's not that much dust up there, and the lander was still moving at a good clip. Best chance to get dusty would've been at the end of the powered descent, but the thrusters had been firing for several seconds before touchdown...it's entirely possible that the landing zone was pretty well 'swept' before touchdown. Over and above that, a lot of the instrument package was covered by a contamination shield. The Martian winds will also keep flat areas of the lander dust free.

Now, if it still looks that pristine in 60-70 sols, I'll be shocked.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

monsoon, before you go about casting arrows at me.....look at WHY I, and others, have repeatedly tried, to no avail, to educated this person, who curently uses the ATS name of Big-Brain.

This individual has been banned at least twenty times, keeps coming back, behaving the same way.

Ask the Mods....They know.

So, please do not desparage me.....research for yourself first!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

Bspiracy....could you be specfic as to who you are referring??

Thanks

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Mars only has 38 percent of the gravity of earth. Testing a Mars lander on Earth would only show you how many pieces the lander breaks into on impact.

They used a little thing called Engineering to design and build the device. You test the components. You design within well trusted parameters used for known good devices, and hope that there is not some unknown variable hiding in the new design. If the parameters are known, and the parts work, and the design is good, then it works.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The video clearly shows it landing on mars, and it did not look like a cartoon to me, also other people have confirmed it thru the alien alliance research pact that and alien craft was monitoring the landing as it happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Aside from the fact that many companies these days use computer models instead of testing highly expensive equiptment, there was a picture caught by one of ht eorbiters as Phoenix made it's entry, anyone able to provide it? I'll see if I can dig it up meanwhile.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Big brain please provide a real argument to this claim that you have stated for i have been viewing this board for quite some time and you have yet to make a substantial argument to any of the critics of your post please just answer me one question for what reasons would nasa have to fake a mars landing there would be no reason to fake a project that takes such a substantial amount of time and man hours

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Big Brain;

I hope you are not serious.
I watched the Shuttle Discovery Launch into Space Sunday and Dock with the International Space station to deliver a new toilet and a Japanese Science Lab...

So did we all witness a big cartoon blasting off into space or what?

As far as Phoenix is concerned it landed and is currently on Mars, with the other two Martian Drones. Spirit and Opportunity...

Why would you think this is all just some be hoax? LOL

[edit on 6/3/2008 by Brainiac]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

AHHH come on Blimp
Man don't throw in the towel that easily

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer

Now, if it still looks that pristine in 60-70 sols, I'll be shocked.

Don't be so shocked. Mars has a myriad of little dust devils. There is a video of one going over one of the Mars land rovers. They effectively clean all the dust off the craft, which is great.
[snip]

Mod Edit: Courtesy is Mandatory
No More Scoffing and Ridicule

[edit on 6-3-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Apologies.
Dang double post.
OP is still a fool though.
\\\\\ slashies!

[edit on 3-6-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Phoenix uses the Mars Surveyor Lander, 2000-01, hardware (Not analytical, though, just landing). These systems have been tested as much as possible on earth.

So, what is this all about? Is it as stupid as it seems? Am I just contributing to this stupidity right now? Yikes.

Now, it's not that NASA doesn't sling bs, buit the team for Phoenix has a few outsiders and newbies and I think that's promising!

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join