It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[FARCE]There Is Not Any Phoenix On Mars[FARCE]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
wow ... so here're few "retarded" people ... hahaha
i bet you believe that the earth is flat
.. come on guys - "They didn't land on the moon", " they didn't land on mars", they've never been in space", "They have aliens in their bases and they're helping them", "Santa Claus is real
" ..... and the last one ... "you're retarded" ....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

Yes blimp...the MRO was there.

But, again....Mars is a long, long ways away.

Radio travels at the speed of light. It is pretty fast, to you and me.....186,000 miles per second.

But if Mars is 15 or 16 light-minutes away.....then there is no way to do a 'remote control'....it has to be pre-programmed. To land automatically.

Shoot!!! The Sun is about 8 light minutes away....that's 98,000,000 miles...do the math!

(just to keep it real....radio is in the EM spectrum....just as light is)

Hoped to educate some, who desperatly need it!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer
If you want video of the landing, the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter got images of the Phoenix Lander under its parachute during the non-powered portion of its descent.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Brother Stormhammer]

Now this picture would be an end to this debate as far as i am concerned.

Ask, and ye shall receive

Here's an image from the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter's HIRISE (HIgh Resolution Science Experiment) camera, showing Phoenix under its parachute. The zoom-in on the bottom left corner shows a bit more detail...and before someone asks "where's that crater", the answer is a matter of geometry. The MRO was well above the Phoenix lander, and well off to one side. Despite the way the image looks, the lander is approximately 20km closer than Heimdall Crater. Enough intro, here's the image:

MRO image of Phoenix, via HiRISE

Another MRO image (I don't know if this one is a HiRISE image or not) showing the Phoenix's back-shell and parachute on the surface:

Backshell and parachute touchdown

And a wide-angle MRO / HiRISE image of the entire landing site. As explained in the text, you can see the lander itself at the top of the image, the heat shield, and a bounce mark where it initially hit the surface right of center, and the parachute and back shell at the bottom.

Landing zone

All images linked in this post are courtesy of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and the University of Arizona.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Come on Guys!!! This ones easy!

They are Disclosing UFOs. This stupid lander thing is just going to bump into something living and then they will announce Aliens Exist!!!! Everyone around the world knows there gearing up for the discloser. NASA has no reason to send an Unmanned rover when the Solio missions have been going on for sometime. So they sent this hunk of metal up there to keep to there seemingly weak technology advances all in the name of pullin the curtain of our eyes. This is fun!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Thank you!!
game over Big Bone Head loses!.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Big-Brain

you do realize that the video is a dramatization right?
they dont actually expect people to think that is the real lander... they are not watching that for themselves...

you can see the real image of the phoenix landing from the HiRISE telescope... and yes it is very possible...

Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter's High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera acquired this image of Phoenix hanging from its parachute as it descended to the Martian surface. Shown here is a 10 kilometer (6 mile) diameter crater informally called "Heimdall," and an improved full-resolution image of the parachute and lander. Although it appears that Phoenix is descending into the crater, it is actually about 20 kilometers (about 12 miles) in front of the crater.
Source

So you see, that video was simply a computerized simulation of the landing... not the real thing... nUb

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
That'll do thank you.

1. I've moved the thread to Skunk Works seeing that this kind of theory and the approach of "proving the theory" will best be dealt with in Skunk Works. Please respond according to the Rules of Skunk Works.
2. If we don't have a decent argument then we don't post. A link to a Youtube video is not a decent argument and will receive a 1-liner action. A 1-liner, will -funny enough - result in a 1-liner action.
3. Let's keep it civil.

Thank You.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

What is he going to say next? That vagina's do not exist because he has never seen or experienced one before?

BEST. SIGNATURE. EVER. - i know its a one liner but...ah c'mon

[edit on 2-6-2008 by branestorm]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

OMG. That was priceless. That'll teach me to drink while playing on the computer. Hope the monitor doesn't fry...

The technology used is nearly a half century old. Tried and proven, and no amount of trolling is going to change that.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother Stormhammer

MRO image of Phoenix, via HiRISE

Backshell and parachute touchdown

Landing zone

All images linked in this post are courtesy of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, the Jet Propulsion Laboratory, and the University of Arizona.

No, All images linked in this post are courtesy of the NASAIFC (National Aeronautics and Space Administration Images Falsification Center).

NASA's frauds never tested Lunar Modules on 1969 at Langley Facility.

They made 150 flight test with a LEM full scale:

I have found the proof I am right. This document proves that NASA's frauds would have tested LM at Langley crane but they could not do it

www.dhr.virginia.gov...

The Lunar Landing Research Facility is an A-frame steel structure 400 feet long and 230 feet high. Associated with this facility is a full-scale Apollo Lunar Excursion Module or LEM. Simulation of lunar gravity is achieved by employing an overhead partial-suspension system which provides a lifting force by means of cables acting through the vehicle's center of gravity so as to effectively cancel all but one sixth of earth's gravitational force...

The LEM was constructed using many pieces of off the shelf equipment such as the H-34 helicopter cabin and landing gear shock struts. Nitrogen gas was used to pressurize the fuel system which provided 90 percent hydrogen peroxide to the main lifting body rocket assembly and to the 20 attitude rocket motors located around the periphery of the vehicle frame. The cab of the LEM can accomodate two persons at the same time. A common instrument panel is mounted between the two pilots. Attitude controls at the right hand seat consist of a set of standard foot pedals for yaw control and a two-axis side-arm controller used for pitch and roll control. The left hand seat is provided with a three-axis side arm controller. Thrust of the main engine is controlled by either pilot with his left hand using the collective pitch levers.
Weight of the vehicle is 12,000 pounds, of which 3300 pounds was hydrogen peroxide fuel, giving a flight duration of slightly less than three minutes.
The Lunar Landing Research Facility permitted NASA to train the Apollo astronauts to fly in a simulated lunar environment that produced LEM vehicle dynamics.

Then I am right.
NASA's frauds wanted to test LEM at Langley crane but no video shows LEM flying at that place because they were not able to build a rocket that could land going backwards.

They had 6 cine-cameras placed at Langley Crane where the LEM was suspended from the crane, but no video exists of LEM flying there.

Conclusion: NASA's frauds have not yet the biggest technology able to land a rocket vertically going backwards.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

I am done with this thread now...
Your not submitting to logical argument.

If your going to say that the images are from some falsification agency... prove it, give some CREDIBLE claim.

... otherwise your stay at ATS will not be an enjoyable one...
people at ATS are smarter than this...

oh, and the phoenix used a parachute... as well as booster rockets

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To be honest, you have not proven your point to my satifsaction.

That said, you DO , make some good/interesting points.

I remember seeing a show-discover/nat go or something- showing a nice spot in (I believe) arizona that looked exactly like pic's from mars rovers.

I see the issue with seeing landing pics/video. To have a down looking camera it must have suitable protection from the heat of atmos entry/reto rockets.

As for seeing a pic of the lander coming down, oh, I don't know, what about (maybe) a pic from one of the still working rovers-what i mean is pics of it in orbit or coming down???

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

If they could land this thing ... believe me they could land phoenix on mars ..
hahahaha

There're actually a lot of interesting pics there

[edit on 2-6-2008 by baburak]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

seagull...you're a better writer than I am....please tell the B-B how messed up his/her thinking is!!

Please tell B-B to go back to school....You will do a better job of it, than I have....even though I tried many, many times.....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ok, thats enough.

Stop the name calling.

That means "troll", and any variation of "big - brain" whatever and any other name calling.

Please feel free to participate in the thread, debunk or whatever, but do it in a civil manner and stay on topic.

Thank You.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

OK, elevatedone.

I will say thst the OP "Big-Brain" has not only been posting on another thread, nonsense ... I declare this thread more nonsense!!!!

elevatedone.....I guess what I meant to say, should be in a U2U. Lest I de-rail a thread.....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
...As for seeing a pic of the lander coming down, oh, I don't know, what about (maybe) a pic from one of the still working rovers-what i mean is pics of it in orbit or coming down???

The rovers were WAY too far away from the Phoenix landing site and atmospheric entry site to get a photo (the Spirit and Opportunity rovers landed near the equator and have each only traveled about 5 miles and 7 miles respectively in their entire lives on Mars). Phoenix landed near the North Polar region.

The rovers didn't photograph Phoenix, but if you look in the posts a few posts above (one post by "Brother Stormhammer" and one by "Odessey"), you can see an image made by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) showing the spacecraft with its parachute deployed, "floating" in over a large crater.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I totally agree with you big brain, this is a great deception..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I am not a mod or anything, just a member.

I have issue with your replies _sorry off topic.

Everyone is allowed to present "ANY" conspericy theory.

They must provide evidence/proof.

Personally, I have no issue at all with people disproving the theory or attacking the proof/evidence.

I do have issues with people attacking the "OP" personally.

Just remember, I am sure, you have theroies/consperices that others might find amusing-and I further suspect you would not like being made fun of for them.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

mrmonsoon.....you haven't yet, it seems, been made aware of the 'OP's many posts on another thread. I'd invite you to look at them, then you will see why our reaction is so profound.

I don't now how to 'embed' the thread....it is titled "An End to the Moon Conspiracy" Or something similar. [edited...just looked it up]

Check it out, then decide for ourself about this person.....

[edit on 6/2/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Fine, you have your views but you aren't listening to reason and your proof is dramatics named proof.

it's disgraceful to see how you tout this thread and is once again a reason for why I am about to leave this site. Where have quality arguments gone?
Take the attitude over to another site that enjoys such antics.

The stupid goat comment is demeaning and a warning should have been issued for each one because instead of calling someone dumb as a goat, you imply the comparison. By now I feel you should have been banned.

You are an absolute disgrace to this site.

b

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join