It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Footprint found on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The footprint is most likely to have been made by that alien we saw sitting on the rocks on Mars earlier this year. That creature looked kind of like the bigfoot and this footprint looks like it was made by a bigfoot. Killian H. Gore.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
When I first saw that photo, I said to myself; "Self, somebody is going to label that a footprint even though they clearly state what it is. Then they are going to spread it around the Internet as proof of something.".

Not directed at the OP of course.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Here is a picture of the underside of the scoop. I don't see how that could have made that particular "toe" mark though....but I tell you one thing, It's not a footprint...lol

Underside of phoenix scoop

Thanks for the link to that picture.

But I disagree that it could not make the mark in the soil..

The pattern matches up quite nicel to the back of that scoop device, and if you notice the spot of the indentation is no quite level. You can see that the back of the scoop device pressed into the soil leaving a cut mark and well defined imprint on the right where the soil was higher, but barely made contact on the left where then indentation and compaction was less. This gives the appearance of the angular arrangement of "toes" from big to small.

IMO

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"
Nasa scientist 1: Ok, out with the $100. I won!
Nasa scientist 2: But I even put the caption with the picture!
Nasa scientist 1: I told you so, those guys at ATS will find a conspiracy in anything we do. They love us!
"

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by broli

i actually belive NASA is that smart to put out a real photo to make us think that if it was real they would not have posted it. its called reverse phsycology. they did the same with the picture of the white tower on mars, they joked that it might be a POLAR BEAR. that is a foot print and no NOT A MANS FOOT PRINT. man is only native of earth.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Why only one print of a flat footed Martian?
Seems to me the surface of Mars consists entirely of body parts.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think it is getting harder and harder for the PTB to hide evidence of the "secret space program",as the 'public' program "collides"with the 'secret' program,there is bound to be evidence of things if it is true,and it appears it might be true.(The fact that we have been Mars already)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I wondered that myself. After finding the skull of some sort of animal on Mars 'spirit rover picture' (see my avatar) and wondering if it was sent from earth. Because I haven't found any more skulls ( that clearly looks like a skull..with eye socket, nose holes, jaw hinge and symmetrical shape mouth teeth structure connecting perfectly with jaw hinge found in any desert earth skull) so..I know an animal was once on Mars but..I can't prove its from Mars!! Crazy!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Re: image #3 in the link...
Phoenix mission on Mars is to dig for ice near the NORTH POLE!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It sure does look like a footprint... although if it were a print there should most likely be a few more ahead and behind it.

In reality it probably only looks like a print from that angle and not if it were viewed from a different perspective.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
It's clearly made from the scoop on the robotic arm. First scoop on the left was shallow, then it moved right and made a slightly deeper scoop, then right and another deeper scoop, and then right and anther even deeper scoop. Makes perfect sense to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
OMG!!!!!! an alien footprint!!!!!! aliens do exist

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its a rock for pities sake,note the white dust/co2? giving appearance of toes, is present on other rocks in area and if look closely the decay of the shadow suggests it is not an impression ,but a protrusion ,in the surface.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

No, I think it's a depression (caused by the scoop). Look at the rock in the upper left corner. There's a shadow on the left side of it. But there's no shadow on the left side of the "footprint." There IS a shadow inside the footprint, from the right wall of the depression.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I find this thread getting funny. NASA tells us what it is, and some of us still want to say its something else. If they had not told us what it was, we would be calling it a footprint!
Obviously it wasnt made by one scoop. But several scoops next to each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by coop039

Regards to the initial image posted on this thread (NASA has made subsequent scoops since that picture was taken)...

The initial image is a result of the back of scoop device being pushed down into the soil. They did this to help calibrate/coordinate their digging technique that has now followed.

At the time the initial picture was taken NO "Scoops" had been taken.

Everyone needs to read the original article that accompanied this boring picture.

Gasp.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I am quite interested in seeing this image of "bigfoot" sitting on a rock on mars being referred to...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by killianhgore

I am quite interested in seeing this pic of "bigfoot" sitting on a rock on mars...and the skull found on Mars?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nataylor

Exactly so. The shadow is on the opposite side of this than the shadow on the rocks. This is a depression, not a rock.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
At least this one has some degree of imagination and originality. Not just some random rock with the image of Queen Elizabeth.

My first reaction was Far....Cough. Not another mars pic. Now I am thinking that NASA released this pic in order for the tin hatters to go nuts with (so to speak) so if anything legit was somehow leaked it would have as much credibiloty as Queen Elizabehts image in a rock.

Another thing that comes to mind. What are the chances of phoenix landing right near a print and not destroying it when it landed.

Finally the caption on the pic

Fit to print ... this image provided by NASA shows the impression resembling a footprint - left on Mars by the Phoenix lander's robotic arm

All that aside, another interesting thread from Mungo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join