It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton Supporter? Will you vote for Obama?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
We all here the talking heads on CNN and other networks talk about it, and read their poll numbers, but I wonder what ATS users think. Specifically Supporters of Hillary Clinton.

As it stands now, Obama has the nomination locked up, so, as a supporter of Clinton, will you rally behind your party and vote for Obama? If not, why? Their platforms are nearly identical, so there must be some other reason if you don't vote for him.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
To be totally honest! I'm a republican and I don't care for any of the candidates even Our Guy I think this will be the first election since I became legal to vote that I'll stay home and watch the monkey show from my sofa their all crooks if you ask me
IMO

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
To be totally honest! I'm a republican and I don't care for any of the candidates even Our Guy I think this will be the first election since I became legal to vote that I'll stay home and watch the monkey show from my sofa their all crooks if you ask me
IMO

I'm in the same boat. It's really a matter of trying to figure out which of these two idiots is going to destroy the country more and vote for the other guy. The only thing I have so far is that McCain *likely* will not raise my taxes so I guess if the election was today and I actually did go vote it would be for him.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I was actually hoping to hear from Democrats that support Clinton, not have people that don't support her or Obama bashing them, but thanks anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

Funny, I voted for Obama in the primary, but I wouldn't vote for him in the GE at this point. He's really disappointed me over the last several weeks.

I have a friend who worked for the Clinton campaign and she's voting for McCain 100%. Why? Very simple. She thinks he'll be a better President.

Specifically, she thinks Obama is an inexperienced poser who's going to be in so far over his head he won't have any idea what's going on. She thinks that while he's busy learning the job his minions will be taking over everything behind his back and he won't have a clue what happened.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

I haven't seen too many Hillary supporters on this board. I'm sure there are a few.

If you want to know the answer, it would probably be better to take a look at a few Hillary sites on the internet that have message forums. I've done it and I'll tell you this: its not pretty. I saw worse things said about Obama on an unmoderated Hillary site than on some quite conservative boards I also visit.

They still have time to rally the Hillary troops around Obama, but its not going to be easy at all and its something that they'd be wise not to take for granted. I'm not so sure how much an Obama/Clinton ticket will help, either. To some degree, the damage appears permanent for this election cycle. For the Dems, its just a matter of how large that group of angry Hillary voters is and whether they'll stay home, or vote for McCain out of spite.

And just so everyone knows where I'm coming from with this, I am a McCain voter, BTW. 'Supporter' might be stretching it just a bit, but I'm certainly voting for him this fall.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm a Clinton supporter who will now vote for McCain, unless of course, Clinton decides to run as an Independent. I will never vote for Obama!

Originally posted by sensfan
We all here the talking heads on CNN and other networks talk about it, and read their poll numbers, but I wonder what ATS users think. Specifically Supporters of Hillary Clinton.

As it stands now, Obama has the nomination locked up, so, as a supporter of Clinton, will you rally behind your party and vote for Obama? If not, why? Their platforms are nearly identical, so there must be some other reason if you don't vote for him.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi Lucien...may I ask you why you would never vote for Obama? Why would you vote for Clinton, but not him when their platforms are nearly identical? And...what would make you vote for McCain?

top topics

join