It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Preachers face arrest for handing out leaflets !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Preachers handing out leaflets in Birmingham UK were told the faced arrest for HATE CRIMES! if they carried on because the area has a heavy muslim population!

The evangelists say they were threatened with arrest for committing a "hate crime" and were told they risked being beaten up if they returned. The incident will fuel fears that "no-go areas" for Christians are emerging in British towns and cities, as the Rt Rev Michael Nazir-Ali, the Bishop of Rochester, claimed in The Sunday Telegraph this year.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

What the hell ? hate crime for handing out a leaflet ? They faced threats of violence and the Police threaten them with arrest ? in the UK ?

Last time i checked no one could be arrested for handing out a leaflet. If you don't like it throw it away or don't accept it !

I wonder if i can get the muslim preachers in Oxford arrested for hate crimes because they preach and have a stand about islam and hand out leaflets there ?

A sad world we live in, and a blatant abuse from the police. Seems like every one has rights apart from Christians who can be threatened at will and with impunity.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Reading the rest of the story seems to suggest it's more about a cop who can't separate a country's government from it's people, and who uses their religion as a cop-out(pun intended) to threaten them.

Sounds more like a politically motivated incident than religious to me.

Though it would be nice to see what the fliers said(at least in America, Christian evangelists CAN be pretty un-Christlike[to say the least] in trying to get others to convert, especially dealing with Muslims).

new topics

join