It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We live in one of Many Universes!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

0:0.5 Your world, Urantia, is one of many similar inhabited planets which comprise the local universe of Nebadon. This universe, together with similar creations, makes up the superuniverse of Orvonton, from whose capital, Uversa, our commission hails. Orvonton is one of the seven evolutionary superuniverses of time and space which circle the never-beginning, never-ending creation of divine perfection—the central universe of Havona. At the heart of this eternal and central universe is the stationary Isle of Paradise, the geographic center of infinity and the dwelling place of the eternal God.

0:0.6 The seven evolving superuniverses in association with the central and divine universe, we commonly refer to as the grand universe; these are the now organized and inhabited creations. They are all a part of the master universe, which also embraces the uninhabited but mobilizing universes of outer space.

-The Urantia Book

The Urantia Book, topic of countless ATS discussions... but not this one.
I have outlined some excerpts from the Foreword of the book to present the general idea... Our universe, is one of many universes.

It is an idea as crazy as the electric universe, but, like that theory, it is only crazy because it is unknown.
Science, it seems, is finally catching up with us.

At first, the world was flat and the sun revolved around us.
Then, we were round and part of a Solar System (the only solar system) that revolves around the sun.
Then, our solar system was simply one of many solar systems in an entire Galaxy of Solar Systems... we were the only Galaxy in the Universe.
Then, there were tons of other galaxies in our universe all containing millions of other solar systems.
As the time changes, so does our absolute knowledge...
Now, We are simply one universe, surrounded by other universes that all contain millions of galaxies containing millions of solar systems containing millions of planets...

... and science backs us up...

The Tabletop Universe

The device is a cylinder a bit smaller than a pinky finger, filled with helium and cooled to just above absolute zero. Inside, a young universe—or something very much like one—evolves. As the helium sloshes about, it mimics a process that may have powered our own universe a few moments after the big bang. And once the fluid settles down, the little whirlpools that remain may be akin to the defects in early spacetime that ultimately gave rise to galaxies, stars and planets.

The study probes the theory of cosmological inflation. This theory posits that just after the big bang, the universe suddenly grew very rapidly for a split second and then, just as suddenly, slowed down. This faster-than-light expansion is supposed to explain all sorts of things about the universe today, such as why it seems to be more or less the same in every direction, and how large objects, such as clusters of galaxies, coalesced out of the cosmos.
Source

Here's how it works:
Scientists convert a slice of the helium from the B phase into the A phase.

They then collapsed the A phase, bringing the two “branes” together.

The violent collision created defects in the fluid that spread through the helium.

In the early universe, these defects coalesced into clusters of galaxies.

The particular type of inflation that the Lancaster group reproduced is called brane inflation, and it is most often associated with string theory, which posits that everything is made of infinitesimal strings. A brane—short for membrane—is an object embedded in some higher-dimensional space, called the bulk. Many things can count as a brane. An infinitely thin string is a 1-brane, because it has only one dimension (its length); a flat sheet is a 2-brane. According to some cosmologists, the universe may be a 3-brane, living in a four-dimensional bulk.

If so, then our universe may not be the only one. There could be many 3-branes, some like the one we live on, floating around in the bulk.
Source

NOW COMES THE FUN PART!

If you are not familiar with the Electric Universe theory, I highly, HIGHLY, recommend that you watch this entire documentary.
The following footage I am going to present is the 2nd part of the documentary, and I want you to pay attention to the first and last parts:

Now, the first part simply goes into how the electric universe theory simply connects everything together... as in, the sun is not dieing, it is constantly gaining energy from the planets and galaxies around it.
Simply put though, we are all connected...
Now, note that the study in the Tabletop Universe showed that the other universes are created because of the first one:

According to the theory, two approaching branes would build up just enough energy to trigger inflation—that sudden, rapid expansion of space. Then, once the branes collide, that energy suddenly vanishes, ending the inflation just as quickly as it started.
... the universe could have smashed into another brane.

One could not occur without the other... They feed off of eachother, much like the sun feeds off of its planets.

Now the last part of the video clip. "Double Radio Sources."

DRAGNs are large-scale double radio sources produced by outflows (jets) that are launched by processes in active galactic nuclei (AGN).

The term DRAGN is an acronym for "Double Radio Source Associated with a Galactic Nucleus"
Source

Here is a clip from the documentary:

Now, look at what happens when the Scientists in the study converted 2-D images of galaxies into a 3-D map:

Chunky Universe: Inflation imprinted minuscule defects onto the smooth universe. These defects grew over time, eventually forming the large-scale structure of the universe we observe today. Information from galaxies in a 2-D image [right] can be converted into a 3-D map [left] that shows how galaxies clump together into clusters.

Look familiar?

The Electric Universe Theory is simply the tip of the iceberg... Welcome to the Multiple Electric Universes Theory...

I look forward to your comments ATS.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
so yeah, I'm pretty much saying that there are multiple universes...
No one has anything to say about that?
or is this old news?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Odessy

Well put together. I didn't watch the documentary but am familar with the concept.

I don't know how much stock can be put into the whole book of Urantia, but the excerpt you pulled out I have seen before through meditation. I have sat in the middle of the multiverses as a co-creator and seen what this looks like. I never did count the amount of mutliverses I saw but it would either be at 7 or +/- 1. Since I've done this, I seldom use the word universe as I have replaced it with multiverse. Yes we live in a universe, but that's not all we live in and definitely not the magnitude of it all.

I don't know if this is a new concept to the world, I'd guess probably not but I haven't seen it get a lot of attention either. I did find fascinating the 2-D model transforming into the 3-D model. That definitely made me think.

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
yeah, I know we havent even began to discover whats really out there.
when you sat in the middle in the mutiverse, was this Astral Projection or simply meditation... Remote Viewing etc...?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Gotta be honest with you, I don't know what to call it. When I first began meditation, I only knew of astral projection. In developing my understanding and advancement of meditation, everything has become nameless and simply just is. If I was to quantify it, I would have to guess that what I was seeing was the tenth dimension through a fifth dimensional perspective, if that makes any sense. Most of my mediation, just to try and name it, is through the fifth dimension. It's the dimension of light, it knows no bounds. Everything is possible there.

In my meditation this morning, I did end up going back to this place I told you of. It must have been subconsicously because it was not planned. However, when I did arrive, I remembered this conversation, so I looked around and counted and sure enough, there were 7 multiverse. The amazing part was that I sat next to Source and sent a duplicate of myself into each multiverse at the same time, connected energy with Source and then connected to each duplicate of myself in each multiverse until each location was full of the purest, whitest, energy ever. Pretty wild huh?

Question and a comment before I go. I've heard the term remote viewing but have not looked into it at all, can you explain what that is? Also, I didn't mention this before, but I also found the Tabletop Universe to be an amazing concept. I don't know how that could be argued. I reread that part several times even though I completely understood it the first time. Good job.

I was hoping your well put together post would get some more attention. Sorry I couldn't contribute more but as you can probably tell I'm more adept in the metaphysical world than I am in the scientific world.

Peace

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Also wanted to point out that if we can do this experiment with laboratory equipment, then will it one day be possible to make an actual universe using the same process?

Could you imagine being able to make universes?
kind of reminds me of the end of the first men in black movie where our universe was in a marble...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I want to imagine making universes. I don't believe that is within us at this time. If we lived in harmony and the technology could be used for something positive then yes. Definitely reminds me of MIB.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
i've always believed that the microscopic and macroscopic were, relatively, one in the same, and everyday i'm hearing new evidence to support it. therefore all that applies to our set of laws on earth should, correspondingly, apply to our universe and even multiverse, which could very well be infinitely layered.

so if you can look at it all, perspectively, than we could simply apply what is known and unknown on each of these "scopic" levels and fill in the gaps. we tend to make things more difficult than they really are, but if looked at in this light i'm sure we'd realize that we know a whole lot more than we think. we are constantly looking up to find the answers that are all around us.

and as far as black holes are concerned, we have two right here on our planet. study the bermuda triangle and its opposite. if that's too difficult, i have no idea, but i'm sure there's something on a sub-atomic level that corresponds.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Electric universe theory video is awesome, thanks!! I suggest as well.

top topics

join