It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hundreds of hi-res Mars photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Just go follow the link and drop your jaw, especially the one photo of Jupiter and its moons from Mars orbit.

A great set of images all round. Some of the colours will amaze you

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Yes, for more than a year (since November 2006, if I am correct) that that mission has been delivering photos every week, it's my favourite at the moment.

My statistics (not updated for more than a month, so they may be incorrect) say that they have published more than 2383 photos, of which I have downloaded 1241.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

hats off to you ArMap
Going to take me a whole heap of time to sift through and down load all that i want.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, some really nice stuff there Dan.

Cheers.

(Sorry about the one/two liner...)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Yes -- I too have been enjoying going to that site (along with viewing all the daily raw images from the Mars Rovers) for quite some time now.

by Dan Tanna
A great set of images all round. Some of the colours will amaze you

But be warned about some of the colors you see in those images -- many of them are "false color" images that were created that way to show contrast between ceratin materials to make those materials "stand out" more.

However, you are right -- many of the "approximate true color" images ARE certainly astounding.

[edit on 6/2/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

All the colours in the HiRISE images are false colours, the IRB images are made with infrared, red and blue+green, while the RGB images are made with red, blue+green and synthetic blue (the values of the blue+green channel multiplied by 2 minus 30% of the values from the red channel).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Hiyah Dan Tanna!

Thanks for posting the link to those photos they are awesomely beautiful, and I don't care if the colors are off...they are still spectacular, I downloaded a few to make new wallpaper for my work PC

I saw them at work and they made my day, I can't post from work or I would have thanked you sooner.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Hey no worries dude,
I trawl about the net when i have free time looking for smart new pics to draw to peoples notice.

The universe and our world is a beautiful and we should all learn to love and appreciate its beauty more.

top topics

join