It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SuperDepression Now Inevitable : ~2010? How to Prepare.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

Yeah, the pizza shop owner I talked to tonight telling me how her ingredient prices have nearly tripled across the board is probably just more propaganda.

Most propaganda on tv is painting a much more rosey picture than what is really happening. I agree, turn off the tv, but if you still think things are OK, take off the rose colored glasses as well.

And the whole not in a recession until 2 negative quarters of GDP... in real terms, not government manipulated and massaged false statistical terms, we are in a recession, one step away from full blown depression already.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
reply to post by Rockpuck

I have done a little research on hyperinflation. It has occured in the USA twice.

The first time was during the revolutionary war! WE SURVIVED IT!

The second time was during the civil war. WE SURVIVED IT!

May I remind you that in both of the times you mentioned, the majority of Americans were probably not living in cities (and probably lived on, next to, or worked on a farm), were basically self-sufficient, self-taught and self-armed, and that the majority of people in America now do not have the land, equipment, training or resources to produce anything to live off of.

When most American's honestly tell you that milk "comes from the grocery store" (along with everything else they eat that didn't come from a restaurant or fast-food place), then you can understand what the problem is.

I would also suggest searching the net or the govt. for GAO (Govt. Accounting Office) document GAO-08-524CG to see some of the problems we are facing. And I think this document is widely optimistic....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Actually... there isn't.

Yes there is. CPS taking children for nothing. Cops framing everyone. Cops running most drugs. The government bringing in most of the drugs. Random checkpoints, they take your blood in the streets without your consent, they search you or your car without any warrant, they gun down families (Waco), they are about to destroy the second amendment with the supreme court ruling at the end of the month, they will pass a law in NY state making it a LAW to take vaccines. A LAW. They are poisoning the water, poisonning the skies (chemtrails), poisonning the vaccines.

Maybe it isn't nazi germany type police-state YET, but it's martial law light, and when the next false-flag hits, it will be full martial law.

And about the NAU, it's a big issue you know why? Because it means to destroy the ``american identity`` and american sovergnity, which is treasonous. You want to merge with the thugs in Mexico who run their government, with their corrupt police and drugs cartels? If you haven't notice, it's a war zone around the border, still, troops go in Irak to protect Irak's borders, not america's borders.

Also, there's police EVERYWHERE. I'm in Canada and I went to the US in the 90s and police wasn't so present, but now, it's disgusting, they are everywhere. And they are recruiting FELONS, low IQs, foreigners. There's a 8 millions domestic terrorists database, most of ATS members are probably on it.

And the future it's even more a police state, but now for the environnement, with the whole carbon footprint BS, carbon tax and carbon cards aka rationning. The government regulating your life and if you don't agree, you go to jail or you pay fines or your children are gone.

I agree with you that it's not THAT bad, but the american way of life is definetly gone and I don't want to see america in 2020 if the trend continue. It will be hellish. It's just the beginning.

Eh, last I checked we still had the World's largest GDP. Last I checked, we still had the World's largest economy.

The GDP is misleading. You can't count on it entirely for economic health. Hundreds of thousands are losing their homes, food prices are sky rocketing, gas prices too. The dollar has been falling since 00. There's a big chance of economic collapse, probably 09, we'll have more info after Bilderberg. Also, the GDP doesn't mean a lot of thing if your whole economy is police, army, pharmaceuticals, homeland security, ecological spies and prisons.

And those who lived through such dire times would be thinking what a spoiled brat some people act like.

Yes, but let's see when we hit bottom and let's compare then if Internet is still there, if it's still there, it will be controlled by the state like in China. Political dissidents will be in work camps and millions will be forced under government welfare.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
What would happen if huge amounts of world debt would simply be erased? Who would lose out. Say, you have a mortgage on a home for $250K that you can no longer afford to pay because of changes in the economy The house is only worth a $100k now, and you could afford the payments on a 100k mortgage, so the loan amount is reset to $100K.

People get paid back for the losses in their investments all on an equal basis, so that people with the least amount of money to lose, and most likely the most desperate, get their money back at the same rate as the super rich. This way, retirees and others get their money back before the super rich recover their billions. After everyone else has gotten back their hundreds of thousands in retirement money and their savings to buy a home and such, then the super rich get back what is left of their billions.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seircram

Yes, very true. I guess I assumed that everybody would be at least somewhat close to being self suffcient but we really have moved away form that. I was taught from the time of a child to raise my own food. Not that I always have but i have always supplemented my food with the stuff I grow or kill.

Thanks for the wake up call.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Yea, I get you.

Let me say this. And this opened up a whole can of worms for me.

WHY do we even have money? I mean it is really worthless. I can start a fire with it or I can use it as insulation or I can look at the art work on it but really who in the hell sold the idea that a f$%^ piece of pretty paper is worth so much?

Let me guess...Lawyers and other such persons whom are paid by others who want to be sure that they can control a populace! Yea, thats 101.

Whats cool is that may be the ultimate form of warfare...debase currency? Well now we have conspiracy!

Someone has conspired to control the masses through worthless paper that they say is really worth a lot and the other party must convince the populace that the paper really is worthless and that their paper is better!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

Nobody is forcing you do live in that world. You can live in your own world if you choose to do so.

Nobody is forcing you to use money, you can grow your own food, knit your own clothes and make your own furniture.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Welcome to the 'real life actually happening 2012 sit-x'

I don't understand politics too much but could see this happening for a couple of years now..

No money +
Increasing bills +
RIDICULOUS increasing taxes +
=
No reason to work for 'THE MAN'

But don't be gloomy.
Get prepared for self-sufficiency.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

lol I´m with you on this one

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by generik

I would have to disagree. The Weimar Republic remained in power for 10 years after the end of the German hyperinflation of the early 1920s. Hitler merely exploited the feelings of mistrust that Germans had developed for the bankers and the Republic, as a result of the hyperinflation.

Hyperinflation did not directly bring about the Nazi takeover of Germany; the inflation ended with the introduction of the Rentenmark and the Weimar Republic continued for a decade afterward. The inflation did, however, raise doubts about the competence of liberal institutions, especially amongst a middle class who had held cash savings and bonds. It also produced resentment of Germany's bankers and speculators, many of them Jewish, whom the government and press blamed for the inflation.
en.wikipedia.org...

When the 1,000-billion Mark note came out, few bothered to collect the change when they spent it. By November 1923, with one dollar equal to one trillion Marks, the breakdown was complete. The currency had lost meaning.

What happened immediately afterward is as fascinating as the Great Inflation itself. The tornado of the Mark inflation was succeeded by the "miracle of the Rentenmark." A new president took over the Reichsbank, Horace Greeley Hjalmar Schacht, who came by his first two names because of his father's admiration for an editor of the New York Tribune. The Rentenmark was not Schacht's idea, but he executed it, and as the Reichsbank president, he got the credit for it. For decades afterward he was able to maintain a reputation for financial wizardry. He became the architect of the financial prosperity brought by the Nazi party.
www.pbs.org...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

"America is not corrupt" Have you even been to america? Clearly you have not because then you would know IT IS!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I'm glad you pointed this out. The Wiemar's republic was doing very well economically by world standards at the time of Hitler's rise to power. Hitler's rise to power was much more of a very well financed and organized military campaign. U.S. industrialist brought Hitler to power, and the first thing he did was crush labor organization. This is a point most historians ignore.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Economic times are far from the best, for sure, but it's also true that economists have not shown themselves as skilled at looking ahead as they are behind.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was born in america but the laws are actually holding back america and the govermental gread unreal. I read about the 10 largest buildings in the world that are all being built in tiawan not america and the newest most moderan nuclaer power plant in south america why because in america it woul cost ten times the price as in these countrys but americans still are stupid enough to pay 10 time the price that a home is worth because of the govermental regulations and unjust markup and gread. Most americas will be hurt by the next depression but it is needed to bring morals back and to bring the america government in line.

The people who are the most gready defend there greed and think it is ok and normal to screw over people, lie to get the sale, do half ass work, and sell cheaply made defective products.

Hard workers will survive but the collage educated scum who's totally screwed over americans to make a buck and and have the values taught by the collages (bad one) let them and there's starve and go to a worse place.

The only thing worst them the collage educated are the scum that run the christain churches and steal gods money. In the bible (old testament) it says DO NOT CHARGE OR PAY INTEREST and that is what the current leaders are about. I love my god and believe in jesus's teachings but not the lies the church teaches. They build temples to themselfs and finance them through the banks and waste gods money.

My point as hard as it will be we need a depression to teach the principals of hard work getting your hands dirty and making something and the values of a husband and wife raiseing there children together with morals and principles Not teaching them greed , everything goes ,and only half of the rules and lessions that it takes to raise a child.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I love that attitude, great message...

Too many of us nowadays (me included!) seem to have had that experience, where life just seems too hard, too much of a chore. Global warming, credit crunch, recession, depression, war- the list goes on and on until it becomes one boring, monotonous litany of pessimism.

And, in fact, it's nonesense. We forget that the world is a place of wonderful physical beauty, that friends and family, the ones we care for, are of infinite worth, and that life is a tremendous gift too short to be squandered. If you believe we only get one shot at this 'life-thing' then doesn't it make sense to make it count, live it to the full, learn to find joy and don't allow yourself to be overwhelmed by the fear? Some of the most poignant words in literature are 'I have spent my life stringing and unstringing my bow, while the song I came to sing remains unsung' (Rabindranath Tagore). It would be a tragedy to reach the end of one's life with those thoughts in mind...

And if you believe that there is more to life after this life, then rejoice in that belief! Take courage from the knowledge that all things in this life pass, and find peace in the hope that you and your loved ones will be together throughout the etermities. Learn the lessons life has to offer, the good AND the bad, and allow those lessons to shape you for the better.

We're all on the same Grand Adventure, and while the pessimists and the evil bastards out there would try and cut you off, put you in a box, and keep you away from the light of day you should know that only YOU have the power to determine who you are, and how you will respond to the challenges each day offers. Be at Peace...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Yepper

The U.S. is a sleeping giant, and the IC's know that if they wake the sleeping giant, they will be the goose tossed in the pot. The giant lives a sleeping dream as long as he gets what he wants, all the privileges that loose credit can offer over the last several years, until the giant reaches for his bowl and it is not enough to allow him to go to bad and sleep through the night without his stomach aching for food. Then the sleeping giant will awake, and he will feel the pain of the world, and the fatted goose will be tossed into the pot.

ok, end of parable.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The gold standard was eliminated in 1971, not in the 1930's, I have noticed alot of people putting forth "facts" on this website that are inaccurate at best.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join