It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hi, new here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hi,

I'm new to ATS. I been reading and posting a few posts on and off for a few hours and so far I've had a thread closed, hostile remarks and one welcome. Good start eh!!

Well at lesst one person was welcoming.

I've used other forums and they are not this hostile to new members.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Welcome to the best and worst conspiracy site on the web, ATS!!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
ATS does have it's bumps, but once you get used to them it's a great site.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Welcome and you have to remember this place is filled with believers and skeptics.So make sure of what you post that your giving the other members enough evidence and time to respond properly if thats what your motive is.Im just a normal skeptic on here and not all people like my posts and responses.So just take what you can with a grain of salt and not insult.Never take it personal and just stand for what you believe in.I hope you have fun on here as well.Goodluck.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

Welcome to ATS. Glad you joined us.

This is a very diverse group, and the level of debate requires a combination of good facts in a post and the willingness to debate opposing views.

I personally am not aware of the thread that was closed, but usually this is because a moderator wants to keep the discussion of a certain event contained in one thread to better facilitate discussion, without members having to garner information from several threads. Thea earliest thread, by time stamp, is kept and the newer thread closed and redirected to the existing one.

Here's some links that will be useful in knowing how things work here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And if you feel someone is being unduly harsh towards you, please file a complaint using the alert function.

Again, welcom to ATS. I look forward to seeing your posts.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to ATS, now you've made me curious as to why your thread was closed and who was hostile.
Going to go take a peek-aloo, hope you settle in smoothly

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Thank you 12.21.12, Wisefoolishness, alienstar and NGC2736 and lateapexer.

My thread was closed because I asked if anyone knew if the rumours that Robbie Williams is an alien abductee are true, and as I am new here I did not know there was a Robbie thread. I think new members should be given some slack for not knowing stuff like that.

It is nice to see some friendly welcoming faces around here.

new topics

top topics

join