It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im interested in scientology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Its become popular through a public outbreak recently as famous people are coming forward expressing thier beliefs.Are is anyone whos into scientology on ats that can shed some light on exactly what scientology is?What do they believe in?Is there a church for it?Is there a order it goes by etc?Please enlighten me.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This should keep you busy for awhile.....

Operation Clambake: Undressing the Church of Scientology Since 1996

Edit to add:

This interview with Jason Beghe was extremely interesting. As a prominent actor and spokesman for the church, he speaks very candidly about his experiences, things he liked about the church and also his dislikes and reasons for leaving. Above all, I think he was very fair to them. It's 2 hours long, but I found it to be strangely riveting. I've actually watched it twice now.

Google Video Link

[edit on 1-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You might want to look into the so-called Freezone before looking into Scientology. It´ll save you a lot of money and brainwashing (imo).

Ive never been a scientologist, but Ive read through "freezone materials".

Freezone is a group of ex-scientologists who think the Church of Scientology is a cult and a money-scam but nevertheless like to study some of the techniques and practices of Scientology and so distribute, apply and discuss the material.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

If you really want to find out about Scientology there is much to be found all over the internet. I think you may find this thread will just end up with the same old Scientology argument going on. Maybe not.

Some people say it is a cult. But remember the saying "what is the difference between a cult and a religion? - a few hundred thousand members".

I've known people who were Scientologists.. Some said they had good experiences with them some not. It's like most things really on that scale, you are going to hear good and bad.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
Its become popular through a public outbreak recently as famous people are coming forward expressing thier beliefs.Are is anyone whos into scientology on ats that can shed some light on exactly what scientology is?What do they believe in?Is there a church for it?Is there a order it goes by etc?Please enlighten me.

How shall I start ...?

Well, and this is serious, Scientology teaches that humans have been unduly influenced by nasty aliens, who have caused us to be less than perfect 'inside'. ie we have blockages/issues/problems etc - things to be 'cleared' so that we can become a more fulfilled and super human.

Nothing far out there, sounds like half the world's religions. Djinn anyone?

But, this is where they become criticised ...

To 'clear' this negativity out of you, requires you to do courses, run by 'experts' who themselves have done lots of courses. The early courses are relatively inexpensive. They get more expensive as you progress. Of course, the expert 'clearers' keep finding more negativity for you to pay to have cleared.

They even have a technolological gadget called an E-Meter which tells them how 'clear' you are.

To reduce the cost of your courses, you can work for the church (if you haven't already been convinced to stop hanging around your negative friends and family). You have lots of incentives to 'sign up other people' also.

The very highest level 'clearing' courses costs LOTS of money, and usually only people like Tom Cruise or young Packer can afford such luxuries. At this level you are also only a step away from performing physical and psychic miracles.

It is considered a cult, because of the pressure, intimidation and lies used by the church to keep people 'in', and away from negative influences of friends and family.

L. Ron Hubbard gets lots of flack for the Church, but I, and many others firmly believe that the original idea wasn't too bad, and that the 'Church' was infiltrated and taken over by covert ops agencies - who run it to this day. The 'taken over' church ousted Hubbard, and tried to seize all his personal assets, including royalties from his fictional works (which I recommend as an interesting read).

My take is that Hubbard had inside info on the 'big picture', tried to get a group together to reeducate how people think, and that it got 'taken over' early in the piece (ie mid-late 1970s).

I really hope ATS doesn't get sued for allowing my post up - that is how serious these dudes are about damage control.

Peace

Duncan

top topics

join