It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me or do most people here dislike Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
If you look carefully, you'll notice the 50,000 anti-Obama threads in this forum are all started by the same group of about four or five people

The forum is being continually spammed with anti-Obama propaganda, most entirely lacking in actual content, because we're in an election year, and this is just how the far right does things

Repeat the talking points, find wedge issues, spread FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) about how Obama is a stealth Muslim that is going to convert the US to Soviet style communism... it's BS straight out of the Karl Rove playbook, but repeated often and stridently enough, it has an effect.

The far right is about to get kicked out of the Oval Office after eight years of having their way, and they're not happy about it at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow, you are so uninformed.

Obama was raised by his rich White Grandparents in Hawaii! His TYPICAL WHITE Grandma and Grandpa paid for his college!

Helped the poor in Chicago?? Lol, yeah, he couldn't even get Abestos checking to go through (though that is his one claim to fame with regard to a Community Organizer in Chicago) and had his buddy Toney Rezko setting up dozens of illegal real estate projects in Obama's Community district.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex
The forum is being continually spammed with anti-Obama propaganda, most entirely lacking in actual content, because we're in an election year, and this is just how the far right does things

Repeat the talking points, find wedge issues, spread FUD (Fear Uncertainty and Doubt) about how Obama is a stealth Muslim that is going to convert the US to Soviet style communism... it's BS straight out of the Karl Rove playbook, but repeated often and stridently enough, it has an effect.

And wasn't it Adolf Hitler who said that if you repeat the same lie over and over, it will be believed? Seems the Far Right study from their past masters...

Some people on here are on a payroll. If they aren't, they are very bitter little people, who SERIOUSLY need to get out of their suburbs a bit more frequently.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
i don't particularly dislike him. He is just a different flavor of ice cream.

too bad ice cream isn't good for you. we need to elect something a little better....but nothing better is on the menu.

alas, it is rigged.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know this flys in the face of conventional "wisdom", but what's wrong with searching your own heart/mind, reaching a decision on who is best, and then voting as you see fit?

It doesn't matter a fig how strongly you feel, one way or the other, in the end, it all comes down to who YOU think will best serve as President of the united States. There's the same chance of changing someone's mind here on a forum as there is for a snowball in July.

Will your choice be a mistake? Maybe; but it will not be the first time we elected an
to the highest office in our nation. It likely won't be the last. You pick your number, and you take your chances.

The great thing about this nation is that even an idiot in the highest office of the land can't dismantle it overnight. Meanwhile, the ones that can do the most damage are ignored; our Congress.

Think about that little fact just a bit.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terran Blue
And wasn't it Adolf Hitler who said that if you repeat the same lie over and over, it will be believed? Seems the Far Right study from their past masters...

Some people on here are on a payroll. If they aren't, they are very bitter little people, who SERIOUSLY need to get out of their suburbs a bit more frequently.

Because a Hitler like propaganda machine is made up of a few guys posting on ATS.

What really is great for Hitler like propaganda that deserves a large payroll are the Chris Matthews media types that get the tingling down their legs for Obama.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

You are exactly right.

And the post immediately following yours illustrates your point.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I thought he was reared by Islamo-fascist grandparents in Kenya? I swear I've read that in another thread. You know, he wore that turban thing and white outfit, he must be one of them. I'm just waiting for the photo to arise of him with a Marx-like beard humming the Soviet anthem.

I'm so confused!

Americans (some!) must be nuts, why don't you guys just elect McCain and be done with it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Taken me a while to reply as it took me 3 flights and 24 hours to get to America to visit my family. I was here when the primaries began in NH and now arrive at the end to see Obama about to claim the nomination.

I feel the dislike of Obama is definitely partly race orientated especcialy in the backwater states of America. Obama and Clinton also recieve alot of critisim from the right wing media over their sex and race.

I'm hearing alot of talk of MCcain winning the election if and when Obama gets the ticket...Ive seen some of the polls in Ohio and Florida and it seems close enough for Obama to overhaul any lead as the MCcain machine spins out of control, as he will get more media scrutiniy now, well hopefully anyway.

If MCcain wins ''legally'' then i will lose all hope for the U.S and heavily advise my family to evacuate the area.

And Valkaire iv'e listened to Wrights sermon's. I hear no real hate against white people. He just appears to be telling it how it is .We all surely realize now that American policies bought about 9-11? The claim AIDS was spread by the government has some elements of truth, and if your black in America i can see how you would hate the White elite, as your white working class person should as well.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:58 AM
link   
So has anyone's views on Obama changed now that it appears he will be the Democratic nominee for President? Surely he is better than MCcain? Do you think more links to controversial figures will come out about Obama now?

Will the fact that he is balck just be too much for the majority of Americans to vote him in? Or just the fact he is a Democrat

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
How many people on this site are actual true, God fearing Americans. I see many anti-Americans and some wanna-be Americans.

What does God-fearing have to do with being an american? I guess if i dont fear "GODS" wrath im un-american. That statement is just religious propaganda

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Frank Black

Agreed Frank, I am not an American and i am not religious, i am English, but this election is important for the whole world. If MCcain gets in, who knows what the consequences will be with Iran in the headlights, at least with Obama there appears to be some kind of flexable intellect and some kind of restraint.

I think alot of these links of Obama to controversial figuresare interesting. The guy from the Weather Underground, Reverend Wright, it's all a bit strenuous to say the least.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

NAH... some are louder and more obnioxious than everybody else so it seems like there's more of them than there actually are.

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I agree with you Peruvianmonk 100%. the american are so stupid and illitered. Obama had a picture of Che Gevara in his campaign office that by itself showed that he is a Communist. The Presidents of Bolivia, Ecuador,Venezuela, Argentina, Nicaragua and Cuba were very happy thinking the new US President will remove the sanctions to Cuba and be a part of their "Block". When the people of US wake-up it will be too late. I lived in a Comunist country and it is very easy for me to recognize impostors.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think you are correct, most people here don't like Obama; possibly don't even like America.

I have people in my own family who hate Obama. I try to find out why but the things they say are surrounding assumptions to what he's going to do in office. We won't know until we know.

I normally support such talk against the president because it keeps him in line thanks to freedom of speech. However the case, Obama has not taken office yet and is facing some really ignorant ridicule and presumptions.

If you ask me he was the ONLY choice if you are voting for political reasons. I do know some people who voted for McCain just to see Sarah Palin on the television for the next 4 years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join