It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Phoenix mars lander pictures tampered with ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Hi Dan Tanna, the colors NASA presents on Mars hardly ever match up from the true colors that are actually on Mars.

Here is a shocker, this photo you presented is full of anomalies and I will give you one that will knock your socks off. Go to the bottom left of your photo and on the ground you will see what looks like part of a cracked egg shell opened with a saw tooth design and approx 8 inches to the right on the surface at about 4 o'clock from the egg shell you will see 3C and part of the letter N or 3CN. This may not be an egg shell but could be something else but it is highly unusual in design. What do you think? Rik Riley

[edit on 2-6-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The obvious answer is that the Martian atmosphere filters sunlight far differently than Earth's atmosphere. On Mars, the sky is basically pink, and the surface is bathed in pink light. So, the blue and white portions of the American flag are saturated with pink light, effectively muting any contrast to the red stripes. The end result is a flag with rather dull, muted, low contrast colors.

Add to that the imaging team's efforts to color-correct the photos (yes, they're ALL color-enhanced), and you're going to get a few visual oddities.

Now, the following photo from the Phoenix lander has definitely been retouched. I think.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

I'm going to go back over the other images I have as well.. Is Mars going to turn out like the moon i.e. full of small but significant suprises ? methinks so

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna
I love space, have done ever since I was a small lad, and yet over the years that nagging 'we should be further and doing more' feeling has never gone away, followed up closely by 'are they lying to us ' thoughts.

Problem 1) The American flag on the mars lander. Here look at this from their official pics.

Now there is in plain view no red stripes on the flag. They look blue. Is that a tampered image ?

here, look at their picture taken whilst the probe was on earth.

....... along with that I want to know why QUATER OF A MILLION peoples names were added to a list and placed onto the disk... just who are they, why are they there, and more importantly - wtf ?!? names ? on a disk that they may not even be able to use / read / understand ??

In this photo provided by NASA/JPL-Caltech/University of Arizona, a US flag and a DVD containing a message for future explorers of Mars, science fiction stories and art about the planet and the names of 250,000 people sit on the deck of the Phoenix Mars Lander on May 26. A communications glitch between the Phoenix Mars probe and Earth has delayed operations, two days after the spacecraft landed.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

All in all i just don't understand thje point and or need for that at all. More to the point it is plain to see that colour tampering has taken place in my opinion.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Dan Tanna]

Hi Dan Tanna, most of the time the colors from NASA transmissions from Mars rarely match up to the true colors and this is normal for NASA.

This may get you excited if you will look to the bottom left of photo you presented of the ground surface near the Lander you will see what looks to be a saw tooth in design and part of a cracked egg shell looking anomaly.

If you will go approx 8 inches at approx 4 o'clock from the egg shell looking anomaly you will see this sequence written on the ground surface 3C and part of an N or 3CN as clear as day. Rik Riley

[edit on 1-6-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Dammit good spot there matey! Thats a fake arse image right there, theres no way thats real. Could this be a slip up and they posted a picture from their mock up the had made for photo ops ?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dan Tanna

Dammit good spot there matey! Thats a fake arse image right there, theres no way thats real. Could this be a slip up and they posted a picture from their mock up the had made for photo ops ?

It looks real to me but when it comes to NASA anything is possible. This saw tooth anomaly could be anything but I still think it looks like a broken egg shell but one thing for sure it does have a saw tooth design manufactured or not. What is any ones take on this anomaly? Rik Riley

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Go to oficial website
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

read "approximately true-color panorama."
about
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

but you can see that is not a real one
www.curiousconspiracy.com...

BLUE became RED !!!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan Tanna

Those colour images from HiRISE are not true (or even near true) colour, they are made with infrared, red and a green+blue channel instead of red, green and blue.

The other images they publish (presented as RGB) are closer to "normal" colours but they are not true colours either.

As for the photo in the opening post, I think that the different colours may be because this photo was also not made with a red, a green and a blue channel, but probably a infrared instead of red or a ultraviolet instead of blue, for example.

What I don't like about this mission is that they do not identify which images are from which filter, so we have more troubles to try to create our own colour images.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
heres a man-hole cover I found .see round thing. and skroll all way to right look for man-hole cover object. what is it? what ever happen to that pole in distance??

picture here : fawkes4.lpl.arizona.edu...

[edit on 24-7-2008 by RUFFREADY]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join