It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Military Force 100% Action

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'm not sure how old this clip is but it was just posted on LiveLeak today. Some pretty good footage here if you are interested to see some of the weaponry they are fielding. I've seen some other similar clips but none were as inclusive as this one.

Link
10min (work safe)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemiK

Well..... It has a good beat and would be fun to dance to, I give it a 7.5.

I didn't see anything out of the ordinary there. I do find it ironic they are showing Tomcats given they were made by the Great Satan themself. I don't think the Mullahs would approve of the music either.

As for their tanks, they have to stop to fire accurately, our tanks have the range and can fire on the move, not much of a fight there.

Overall, I am not impressed. Proof is in the pudding, actual combat, of which the Iranians have no recent experience with.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yeah the good ole abrams didnt have much of a fight at all in desert storm or iraq war,and that was against the top russian tanks.I dont think we would have much of a fight at all in iran...but i would hope the next elected president wouldnt go for another ground war that lead todays iraq..Would like to see the f22 get some action this time around.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Umm..this is an official Iranian Video, so you would think they would show the 1% of thier armed forces that is relatively modern and functioning.

It's Propaganda People!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

To be fair, we didn't go against "top of the line" Russian/Soviet Armor in Iraq. The top of the line Russian stuff is pretty good. They were totally outgunned by the M1-A1's. Iran's armor would not prove much better, they just don't have the experience nor the quality to hold up well in battle.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I watched this and tried to ID the aircraft in it, here's the list I made..

UH-1 (bell huey) (0.56)
F-14's (1.00)
cobras (lots!)
mig-29 or Su-27
F-111? (1.35)
F4 phantoms (1.50)
F5 (tiger/Freedom fighter) (2.13)
mig-25 Foxbat (2.32)
CH-47's (Chinook) (3.08)
high engine transport? and again @ (8.40)
russian? troop chopper (5.31)
F-14 (Tomcat) (6.10)
F-18?? (Hornet??) (6.35)
C-130 (Hurc) (8.21)
Seaking (8.47)
(and another Mig kept popping up, but to fleeting for little old me to ID)

Some of those I thought 'yhea they just using stock footage - but on looking closer most of the aircraft are clearly showing Iranian markings, mind you a lot of the stuff is oldish, but that is a pretty capable selection of other peoples cast off if you ask me - did not know they had F-18's of the F-111! (knew they had F-14's cos they are having trouble finding parts for them
)

Pick of the bunch would be...

UH-1
mig-29 or Su-27 (whatever it was)
C-130
F-4
and the Mig-25 foxbat

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The only thing i might worry about would be those f14s,f18s and mig 25s but on the other hands...thats older technology with inexpirenced pilots.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Keep in mind the fall of the Shah was in 1979

The F-18's first flight was in 1978, with the first production aircraft flying in 1980. Iran doesn't have F-18's. You're confusing them for the outwardly similar HESA Saeqeh, which is (On the outside) a Twin-Tailed F-5E.

Iran has never possesed F-111's. I think you're confusing the very similar swing-wing profile to that of the F-14A.

Iran's F-14 fleet is a joke. They haven't recieved any parts or upgrades (I'm sure they've "Acquired" some 3rd party parts though) since 1979. That's no parts for 29 years! Of their original 79 aircraft, it's believed that only 20 are airworthy, with 59 being used for parts.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by hpsfl]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Looks like some US training exercises from the 1970s

They showed alot of the same images over and over again (i.e. the one white missle etc.)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Wow! That video got me pumped up! I love all the music and the gunships and such!

Yeah, and sooo...that was for IRAN? Much romance within.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Double-post. What the hell?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by hpsfl
The F-18's first flight was in 1978, with the first production aircraft flying in 1980. Iran doesn't have F-18's. You're confusing them for the outwardly similar HESA Saeqeh, which is (On the outside) a Twin-Tailed F-5E.

Okay clever clogs - your correct

Top is the Saegeh in Iranian regalia, bottom is F-18 - easy mistake

Originally posted by hpsfl
Iran has never possesed F-111's. I think you're confusing the very similar swing-wing profile to that of the F-14A.

Yheah that's what I would of thought, you can't exactly go selling tactical Nuke bombers to just anyone - I know Oz has them, and the UK nearly went for a few but backed out. This is a (not very good) screen grab, it's the sleek nose / canopy set quite far back that got me. There again I guess it could be another HESA Saeqeh without the drop tank and the blur is distorting the tail.

And that 'Mig' is probably an F-86, or poss a Mig 15, but the nose looks a lot more like the F- 86

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

So close, bro!

The Picture that you're calling a F-111 is in actual fact a Sukhoi Su-24. Bottom pic which you're calling an archaic F-86 is in actual fact a Chengdu J-7.

For all your other needs, check out IRAF Inventory

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Sorry but that f-86 is a mig 15.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Yeah, easy to mistake a Su-24 for a F-111.

I went looking for Iranian Air Force and Army inventory upon seeing the footage, they do inf act possess everything pictured.

But I don't think it's very impressive. Good, yes, but not impressive.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Well it could be either Chengdu or a MiG-21.

Iran has both in their inventory.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont know if this means anything but weird.

www.iiaf.net...

Since when we sold them f16s?

IIAF purchases 160 F-16A on October 27th 1976 with follow up order of additional 140, A total of 300 aircraft. Parts and maintenance equipment has arrived in Iran as early as 1978 and ground personnel had been given training, (Ground support equipment was later sold to Pakistan). However, new Government cancelled the order in 1979 before the schedule arrival of the first two F-16, later this cancellation effected the unit cost of each aircraft to a much higher price tag. But General Dynamics found a new buyer for Iranian
F-16's, which was Israel's air force.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The website seems to answer your very question.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

that mig-15 is the much larger and supersonic capable mig-21 clone - the chinese J7

[edit on 3/6/08 by Harlequin]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
However, new Government cancelled the order in 1979 before the schedule arrival of the first two F-16, later this cancellation effected the unit cost of each aircraft to a much higher price tag. But General Dynamics found a new buyer for Iranian
F-16's, which was Israel's air force.

Must have been fate because Israel used 8 of those aircraft to take out the Iraqi Osirisk reactor in 1981. If Iran had not cancelled those orders and the shah had not fallen, then it is unlikely the Israeli's cold have carried out that particular mission.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join