It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof that you can slow time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I came across this youtube video of an interesting experiment that proves that time slows down for people under high adrenaline circumstances.

Here ya go:

www.youtube.com...

Also as a side note, I've been in contact with a physics and astronomy professor at Okanagan Community College in Tonasket, WA. He claims to have harnessed a local time-deceleration field and slowed down time. I will talk with him and see if he will be willing to give an interview on ATS about real life time-deceleration.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Its fight or flight...reaction time is swiftly overcome by a fight or flight response mechanism that protects and preserves them. It is an adaptive function placed in us for the sole purpose of self-preservation. Anxiety, in a sense is an ally. When we experience a danger or a threat, the fight or flight response kicks in, adrenaline and other chemicals are activated and physical symptoms occur, rapid heart rate, palpitations, increase in blood pressure, etc.Outside the body we are normal.Its not slowing time at all.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienstar

Did you even watch the video? Someone's bieng a negative nancy! haha..just kidding. Apparently time really slows enough for the dude to read the numbers that are moving too fast for him to read normally.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Great vid, thanks for that

Is it not posible though, that adrenaline can just increase the performance/speed of your senses, rather than time slowing down.

Like a person pumped with adrenaline, lifting a car in an emergency that they normaly would'nt be able to. Could a persons brain speed not be increased in these situations too?

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
if you have ever been in a situation where you are operating entirely on adrenalin (and unfortunately i have) you realise that you are on a higher level of awareness its subconscious even primal, try swatting a fly and you will see that although time runs the same for them they see it ten times faster because they have to for survival

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Very cool stuff Michio Kaku is always up to something intriguing it seems & I had seem another program he did on the nature of time which was very intriguing too (about how you can't pinpoint when exactly "now") is. I think we've heard this theory for a long time now, but it's cool we have the technology to start testing some of these theories. I'm sure anyone who's into sports has heard of "the zone" which can be described as a "slowing of time".

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Apparently time really slows enough for the dude to read the numbers that are moving too fast for him to read normally.

I'll agree with CX on this one. It's not time slowing down but your brains ability to interpret data is sped up due to the adrenaline rush.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Very cool stuff Michio Kaku is always up to something intriguing it seems & I had seem another program he did on the nature of time which was very intriguing too (about how you can't pinpoint when exactly "now") is. I think we've heard this theory for a long time now, but it's cool we have the technology to start testing some of these theories. I'm sure anyone who's into sports has heard of "the zone" which can be described as a "slowing of time".

It's very interesting that you say that. From personal experiences I have noticed that when I play basketball or football under the influence of the mary J, things tend to be a bit slower which actually makes the game easier. Football wise I run at the same speed but the ball just seems to float gently into my arms, and with basketball I feel like I know where everyones gonna go before they do. My friends mention the same thing, in fact I had several friends who constantly got high before high school football games and went on to get scholarships. Some are starters for some D-1 schools now and still continue to practice the habit on game day.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
all this proves is that data processing rates are not constant - this is hardly news

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
What?!

Surely this is evidence of the brain working hard and more effeciently, this is not Slowing Down time, It is the brain being able to percieve things at a faster rate. Doesnt it even say that in the video??

Im mean come on.... This is basic science surely?!

Time is not dependant on an indivual persons perception, otherwise couldnt you jack yourself up to the I balls with adrenaline and dodge bullets "Neo" Style

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Yes, I think you all have a point. I didn't look at it that way to begin with but I think you are right about the mind increasing in speed instead of time slowing. However, Time Deceleration is real according to Dr. Mang who has actually done it in his labratory. I am waiting to hear back from him currently. I do not want to divulge details of his studies because it is not mine to divulge. I am trying to see if he wants to give an ATS interview on "The Physics of Time Deceleration." One thing I do know though is that he said when they slow down time in the field, time speeds up elsewhere in the lab. I know all that sounds far fetched, and your thinking, "I'll believe it when I see it." And that is what I'm working on right now...letting you guys see it. So bear with me.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
okay guys, i see what you are saying, but i disagree, time does slow down for that person.

time is the name we all use for the perceived rate of change in our environment. time is not the clock ticking, that is only a device used to estimate the rate of change, what we call time is actually the perception of this change. it is entirely relative to the observer. if you perceive the rate of change to be slower than that of another observer then time has slowed for you.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by pieman]

CX

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I think it's important to remember, the thread author is just the messenger here, a great story still whatever your theories are. Sorry for mentioning this but you see so many threads where the poster gets a real hard time over something he's informed the site about. I'm not saying thats happened here, but you can just see it going that way.

It would be great if you could get this guy in for an interview.

What i find strange though, that if it is something just as simple as adrenaline speeding up your sensory reactions, and if someone like me who has no scientific qualifications or great knowledge can think like this, then surely this professor would have thought of something as simple as that before going public about slowing time?

I'm definately on the fence with this one, but think there is more to it and look forward to following this with interest.

CX.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Yeah, I definitely understand one being on the fence with this issue. And I THINK...I'm not sure but I THINK the reason Dr. Mang hasn't come forward with this information is because they haven't perfected anything yet. They are still working on it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Now all we need is a way to "speed up" time so that we may get away from our boring jobs some time soon!

But it is known within the scientific community that "time" doesn't really exist. I've seen this explained through mathematics (also the most un-romantic thing on earth).

I've also invited to a similar discussion in this ol' thread of mine:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
(119 views, 0 replies- bah!)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What do you think "time" is? A constant linear & ridged concept of set intervals? We have a general marker to help sync us up, but the clock itself does not define time's existence. Michio Kaku specifically addresses the issue of "now" not being something one can pin point in his past studies. So if "now" can't be accurately found, what makes "then" so accurate when it comes down to that infinitesimal space between 10th's and 100th's(1000th or millionths for that matter) of a second. If you look up the definition of the word "time" no where does it give you the formula or measuring stick to say absolutely "this is a second".

So in the experiment, if the flashes are set to say 1/30th a second, yes the faller's brain perceives information faster due to his heightened sense. Hmm increasing the amount of information perceived within any given second....enough to visually perceive something that's impossible to distinguish while standing at a relative calm. Sound like someone's perception of time stretched? Yeah I think so. Does that mean the clock on the wall for everyone slows like people think time manipulation is? no. But we're talking about the perceived duration on "instants" within a given interval. That interval was set as the man is falling, he couldn't see it while standing still, obviously his perception of time had to slow in order to catch the numbers.

top topics

join