It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton wins Puerto Rico primary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Clinton wins Puerto Rico primary

news.yahoo.com

AN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Hillary Rodham Clinton won a lopsided, but largely symbolic victory Sunday in Puerto Rico's presidential primary, the final act in a weekend of tumult that brought Barack Obama tantalizingly close to the Democratic presidential nomination
The former first lady was gaining more than 60 percent of the vote in early returns, and a pre-election poll suggested she could wind up with nearly two-thirds support.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
can someone please explain to me why she is still running? Is Obama scheduled to be rubbed out and she knows it? If he is technically already won, why is she still campaigning?

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Technically, he HASN'T locked it up. He's close, needing less than 50 delegates at this point, with Hillary needing over 200. Its going to come down to which one can best lobby the superdelegates to their side in order to push that candidate over the top. I'd be stunned if they don't side with Obama, but it appears that Hillary is going all-in and is prepared to take it to the convention.

Considering that this could be her one and last chance at *her* job, its not surprising to see her fight tooth and nail until the bitter end.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Well, if it is mathematically impossible, then all he needs are the rest as super delegates. Is she thinking that she can best him in super's by the time the convention hits? This would take some real, real, dirty politics...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Certainly, but these are the Clintons. They've gotten a free pass to play dirty politics for almost 20 years on the national stage and I'm sure they believe they can bully the superdelegates and eventually get their way.

Unfortunately for them, I think that the DNC itself has other ideas.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Certainly, but these are the Clintons. They've gotten a free pass to play dirty politics for almost 20 years on the national stage and I'm sure they believe they can bully the superdelegates and eventually get their way.

No, say it isn't so, you can't be talking about the HILLARY Clinton!

Hillary's List of Lies

Hillary Clinton Scandals

Surely you must be jesting! [/sarcasm]

The sooner the political spotlight fades from her, the better in my opinion!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

can someone please explain to me why she is still running?

Only Hillary can explain why she is still running, one of the reasons she gave was because Obama made a "flap" over her IDIOTIC Kennedy assassination remark!

Clinton Camp Stokes RFK Flap by Blaming Obama

Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's campaign accused Sen. Barack Obama's campaign of fanning a controversy over her describing the assassination of Robert F. Kennedy late in the 1968 Democratic primary as one reason she is continuing to run for the presidency.

"The Obama campaign ... tried to take these words out of context," Clinton campaign chairman Terence R. McAuliffe said on "Fox News Sunday." "She was making a point merely about the time line."

The issue is particularly sensitive given longstanding concerns about Obama's safety as a presidential candidate. (He first received Secret Service protection last May.) The Obama campaign called Clinton's words unfortunate and circulated a TV commentary criticizing them, although Obama himself said Saturday that he took Clinton at her word that she meant no harm.

THERE's a good reason to waste millions of dollars and peoples time, because Hillary is mad at something that Obama's campaign said!

So, I guess it's Obama's fault she is still running.

Will Hillary Be the Last One to Know It's Over?

Hillary Clinton Can't See That it's Over

It's over Hillary; Go HOME!

Hillary, It's Over - Please Leave...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

can someone please explain to me why she is still running?

Why wouldn't she still be running?

The DNC set it up so the people's votes only count for about 2/3 of the delegates, and the hand-picked party insiders count for the other 1/3. There hasn't be a vote cast by the delegates, and there won't be votes cast until the convention in August.

A lot can happen between now and August. The super delegates are going to decide the election, and Clinton knows it. The super delegates will go whichever way the popular wind is blowing.

So what reason would Clinton have to quit at this point? None.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I would like to stick a needle through that key hole.

top topics

join