It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes, Let us also not forget. The end of mans Godless reign on earth, coincides with the beginning of Christ's, thousand year reign of peace.
Christ is known as the water giver! "The Water of Life". (Aquarius) So we can focus on the good news, and not the bad.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Excellent point. We cannot live on the idea that the world will end on a four year bases. We have nothing that really supports the fact that the world will end, or anything amazing will happen. What we do know however, is that our world is in a pretty bad shape at the moment and we need toi be looking to that and not some 2012 theory. Is not the best course of action to prevent it before it happens?

There is one thing that we do know for sure, that being that the world will end one day, all planets will run out of resources at some stage. However, the great thing about that is in the fact that it does not seem to be happening anytime soon. Yes, oil and food have gone crazy, however, by the fact that oil has gone so high, a lot less is being used. Therefore, helping the planet. Maybe on 2012 the world will get some sense and realise what a beautiful planet we have and act to keep it that way.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The problem is, once it starts unfolding you are to late. You've chosen your side.

That's the main point of religion. Once it's proven, there is no need for 'faith'. Faith is what allows you to ascend. Believing with out knowing is the true price to be paid, it is a trust issue. Once the viel is pulled away and all is exposed, where is the 'faith'? Accepting the seen is a worthless gesture, not one worthy of higher powers.

It's like you parents saying "Do I have to spank you for you to believe I will?" If you have faith they will spank you, you act right. If you don't, they spank you... and then you believe. But what good does believing do you now, you've already been spanked.

Faith in the obvious, faith in things you can see, smell, touch, taste and hear... that is not faith but BELIEF. You can only have faith in things you can not measure, can not be sure of. You can BELIEVE in things of faith, like you can BELIEVE in all things (the sun will rise tomorrow).

So once the Rapture starts, it's a bit to late to start having Faith. Cry out "I believe" all you want, all you do is show your greed again. Now, faced with the ultimate facts, you will bow down to the Lord... why was he not worthy of such before? Because you fealt there was nothing to fear. Now faced with certain damnation, you become a fair weather worshipper.

The whole point is to have the Faith before being shown.

link   
I like the way you think Howie, it is good to know that we are on the same page. Let us focus on the good things, because I look forward to the good things that will come also. No more of this materialistic fabricated world.

link   
no religon is correct and none TRUE, religion is the tool of man used to direct the hand of humanity. thats why everyone says to live a moraly good life.

anyone who interperates any religon farther than that, are to weak to survive alone without guidance. The only good use for sheep are wool ( your money) and slaugher (bullet dolls for greedy people), people that want you to continue being sheep.

your masters are the corrupt that have wirtten the books you hold so reverently but thoes books are still only written by corrupt men.

science is so far along now days how come items from that past are not put to the tests of today?. Science will disprove religion once and for all soon enough and the reality of the righteous will certainly fall from the heavens ( pun intended)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

Be careful of your duty to God and mock not His revelations.

13:32 And verily messengers (of Allah) were mocked before thee, but long I bore with those who disbelieved. At length I seized them, and how (awful) was My punishment! -

15:11 And never came there unto them a messenger but they did mock him.

16:34 So that the evil of what they did smote them, and that which they used to mock surrounded them.

21:41 Messengers before thee, indeed, were mocked, but that whereat they mocked surrounded those who scoffed at them.

31:6 And of mankind is he who payeth for mere pastime of discourse, that he may mislead from Allah's way without knowledge, and maketh it the butt of mockery. For such there is a shameful doom.

2:7 Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.

83:29 Lo! the guilty used to laugh at those who believed,

83:34 This day it is those who believe who have the laugh of disbelievers.

link   

Originally posted by BradKell
reply to post by jhill76

The problem is, once it starts unfolding you are to late. You've chosen your side.

That's the main point of religion. Once it's proved, there is no need for 'faith'. Faith is what allows you to ascend. Believing with out knowing is the true price to be paid, it is a trust issue. Once the viel is pulled away and all is exposed, where is the 'faith'? Accepting the seen is a worthless gesture, not one worthy of higher powers.

It's like you parents saying "Do I have to spank you for you to believe I will?" If you have faith they will spank you, you act right. If you don't, they spank you... and then you believe. But what good does believing do you now, you've already been spanked.

Faith in the obvious, faith in things you can see, smell, touch, taste and hear... that is not faith but BELIEF. You can only have faith in things you can not measure, can not be sure of. You can BELIEVE in things of faith, like you can BELIEVE in all things (the sun will rise tomorrow).

So once the Rapture starts, it's a bit to late to start having Faith. Cry out "I believe" all you want, all you do is show your greed again. Now, faced with the ultimate facts, you will bow down to the Lord... why was he not worthy of such before? Because you fealt there was nothing to fear. Now faced with certain damnation, you become a fair weather worshipper.

Jesus said, "blessed is he who has seen and believed, more blessed is he who has not seen and believed".
I believe people can be converted, right up untill the "Wrath" of God begins. When God has shown that all the remaining, unconverted have shown themselves to be blatant, knowing, rejectors; of His rule. Because they want to follow Satan and his angels.

link   

Originally posted by BradKell
reply to post by jhill76

That's the main point of religion. Once it's proven, there is no need for 'faith'. Faith is what allows you to ascend. Believing with out knowing is the true price to be paid, it is a trust issue. Once the viel is pulled away and all is exposed, where is the 'faith'? Accepting the seen is a worthless gesture, not one worthy of higher powers.

So you're telling us we should live to die? .. No, thanks! .... i would rather enjoy my life .... instead of waiting to die ...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
The ONLY reason why the zionists need to occupy Isreal is because the final battle must take place in the Megiddo Valley in order for biblical prophecies to be fulfilled.

Any intelligent human being knows that a WWIII, or armageddon, if you will, type scenario will be fought over most of the globe, however, as long as a large scale battle takes place in the Megiddo Valley im sure it will be enough to convince the religious types.

This is why Isreal exists, this is why tensions are perpetuated in the middle east and this is why the US (which is full of zionists) backs Isreal.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

This is but a warning...

51:55 And warn, for warning profiteth believers.

10:101 Say: Behold what is in the heavens and the earth! But revelations and warnings avail not folk who will not believe.

39:71 And those who disbelieve are driven unto hell in troops till, when they reach it and the gates thereof are opened, and the warders thereof say unto them: Came there not unto you messenger's of your own, reciting unto you the revelations of your Lord and warning you of the meeting of this your Day? they say Yea, verily. But the word of doom for disbelievers is fulfilled.

47:18 Await they aught save the Hour, that it should come upon them unawares? And the beginnings thereof have already come. But how, when it hath come upon them, can they take their warning?

54:16 Then see how (dreadful) was My punishment after My warnings!

54:36 And he indeed had warned them of Our blow, but they did doubt the warnings.

7:34 And every nation hath its term, and when its term cometh, they cannot put it off an hour nor yet advance (it).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SUNRAY06

we would know much more about this is spanish conquistadors did not literally destroy and burn all but three "books" from the mayan culture.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

oh, HAY more relgious psycho bable

have fun with that, im going to live my life and enjoy it while i have it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lantian

All you people are just freaking stupid if you believe in the bible or any other book. We are all here by chance and it is up to us the make it what it is with the time that we have. People that take the bible literally are small minded and dont understand science. The bible was written at a time when things couldnt be explained or understood.i.e. when people thought meteor showers were angles coming from heaven. Umm, no. There just meteor's burning up in our atmoshpere. There is a greater Divine though, just like we are all sons and daughters of God. Its like that kid said in the movie back in the '80's. I think the movie was "The Seventh Sign". A little jew teen said "What if we are all wrong?"......Well????

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

1. O ye people, praise God. Anyone who builds a Mosque for the sake of God, the Exalted, God will in return builds an abode for him or her in the Station of Bliss (Paradise). (Bukhari, Muslim)

Since I helped in the design, construction drawings and publicity imagery for a mosque in Morden, I think I'm ok when it comes to this particular armageddon ....

I just hope he'll let me take my wife (and future children) with me...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
The ARMAGEDDON post was not in depth. Gog and Magog are the two sides that go to battle (Big Brother West vs. Militant Moslem East). Both sides are wrong and will lose. The third party (God) will not appear until the infrastructures of Gog and Magog collapse due to earthquakes (global warming?), etc... Also, the TRINITY is not idolatry, but a familiar symbol of the "nuclear family:" Father, Son, and (Mother) Spirit. Without it, civilized human life would end. Those who see it as a "division" or fragmentation of the Godhead are probably used to herding their wives (and children) like livestock. (Posted by BlackRaiser.com)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
If god will punish me for using my brain and not blindly following some idea than how can this "being" be regarded as good?

I don't believe in Jesus. I don't believe that the bible is god's word. Its a book written by human beings. Jesus is the superman of his time, just a character in the most popular book of all time.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well I guess ill be the referee of the fight :p

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mavman
If god will punish me for using my brain and not blindly following some idea than how can this "being" be regarded as good?

The answer to that question is in the book of Genesis. It was Satan that tricked Adam into eating from the Tree of Knowledge. It wasn't until this was done that Adam and Eve became self-aware (best term I can use to describe it).

Originally posted by mavman
I don't believe in Jesus. I don't believe that the bible is god's word. Its a book written by human beings. Jesus is the superman of his time, just a character in the most popular book of all time.

The Bible was written by man, but the passages were inspired by God and the Holy Spirit. How can you believe that Jesus was a "superman", that such a person as he would exist, but that a book inspired by God could not?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OP, 2012? I didn't realize there were sides. And sadly, 2012 is a non-issue like so many "doomsdays" that have been predicted and passed us by. Plan for doom if you want. That certainly isn't healthy mentally or physically. But....you want to live that way? That's a shame....

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I do believe that the Bible is not the literal "word of God" but, as are all ancient religious texts, SYMBOLIC documents that were intended to provide a moral guideline for the masses. Encoded within those documents are some truths and predictions about future events, but to take any of them literally is to blindly submit yourself to a control mechanism. I am absolutely against the New World Order and I am a seeker of knowledge and truth, spiritual and otherwise, but I cannot allow myself to submit a belief system just because "the Bible says so." That just goes against everything that truth really is.

Consider these points...

First of all, the Bible and the Judeo-Christian religions themselves, if you study the stories, symbolism, characters, moral lessons, etc., are essentially religions for the masses that are based upon a hodgepodge of bits and pieces from many various pre-existing pagan, occult, and ancient religious practices. The "Christ" figure is not unique to Christianity at all. The only religion that has existed since the beginning of human civilization, and is the basis of all religions since, is the occult. The term "occult," by the way is NOT to be equated with Satan. It simply means "hidden." And occult knowledge can be either used for good or evil...sort of like nuclear energy (you can either power a city or completely destroy one, it depends on your inclinations). More often, it seems to be used for evil, however, so this explains why it is often associated with "Satan."

Second...The Judeo-Christian religions are based upon a primitive (ancient), outdated world view. If the ancient peoples who created these religions had such a limited understanding of their own physical world, then as such their understanding of what "God" is and could be is also very limited by that understanding. Logic tells us that as we come to evolve and understand our world more, our concept of God must also evolve as well (eventually leading to a merging of science and spirituality, which I believe is not far away if we don't destroy ourselves first). So clinging to 2000-year-old dogma as absolute truth can only lead to problems, as it feeds a "Holier Than Thou" attitude and results in blind submission to a perceived authority that is based on a very primitive understanding of the world. This is why hardcore Christians often use circular reasoning to defend their arguments, which, inescapably, always comes back to "because the Bible says so."

I believe there is absolutely a divine presence in the universe that is positive in nature. I also believe that all life is connected to this force and is an extension of it. Perhaps there was once a time where there was only good in the universe, but evil was almost born out of necessity because without evil, how can we learn the value of good? How can we experience what love and light really are unless we are forced to learn to triumph over fear and darkness?

This comes back to my argument that Christianity CAN BE dangerous (that is not to say that it always is) because if people just think that God will save them just by believing in Jesus and living by the Bible, then that completely erases all responsibility for the individual to take charge and try to create change, instead relying on some obscure outside force. To beat the New World Order, you must be spiritually oriented towards good but you must also be prepared to take action and make sacrifices when the time comes. So I caution those who view this struggle from a strictly Christian perspective to realize that the world is not black and white as you are led to believe. It is much more complicated than that. You may be free from the NWO but you're still a slave to Christianity.

I leave you with this. The highly-regarded Christian philosopher St. Anselm said that "God is something greater than which nothing can be conceived." I can conceive of a God greater than the God of the Bible, and I'm sure you can too. Think about it.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join