It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

With all due respect, no one knows when and where anything like this is going to happen. If you read your own bible, it even says no man will know when the end is coming.
reply to post by TheInfamousOne

Where does it say that? What does it say about the end?

If you mean the Christian Bible, check my post on page 5 of this thread.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

look, Armageddon, IS A LITERAL TRANSLATION FOR MEGIDDO, which is where MANY decisive battles have happened in the past. they are not predicting something that is going to come to pass in the future, they are talking about something that happened in the past.

the man who wrote revelations was living in solitude and was quite literally insane. you should try looking at revelations more as a cryptic story of the past, rather than some kind of literal predicition of something that is going to happen in the future.

if you believe so in the bible, and have knowledge on this subject. you would also know that Jesus himself said that NOBODY will know the time of his second coming. so isn't it kind of hippocritical of you to try and find the answers to something that you beloved prophets have stated, NOBODY will know?

rather paradoxical IMO.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

I did read it and it was a good post, speaking about the second coming of Christ. Not about the end of the world. There is no end in sight. There is an end to the Roman Empire, and there is a period of piece on earth that will follow the second coming of Christ.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ufo reality

The world does NOT end in 2012. Please show me one prophesy that states this.

I didn't say it was, although a lot of people think it will/might and I say it's better not to believe it is for our collective consciousness.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by baburakLet's try your theory .. Everyone focus on me winning the lottery! ....
.. no offence ...

That's not what I'm saying.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I concur, but a lot of people misinterpret what they read and hear. One great example of this is all the evangelicals that believe the end of the world is coming.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
good question. I am on the side that wins, we all like a winner right?No seriously, I don't think that 2012 is important on a globl scale. Wer have had to many dates plucked out of thin air, only to be changed when nothing happens. Maybe, what the calender was stating for 2012 is something to do with space or something. Was that calender not set out to track the stars? Don't read to much into my friend, enjoy life whilst you got it, for 2012 is only around the corner. If you believe that something is going to happen, make the best of what you got. Well, nothing better happen, I am getting married in 2012. LOL...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

I did read it and it was a good post, speaking about the second coming of Christ. Not about the end of the world. There is no end in sight. There is an end to the Roman Empire, and there is a period of piece on earth that will follow the second coming of Christ.

"End of the World", can mean end of the world of man. Or end of man's
reign on earth without God. World can mean, the people. Or it can mean the planet earth. That is where the confusion comes from.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
nothing will happen in 2012, that date is something that was grabbed from the Mayan calendar, the Baktun or long count, ends on December, 22 2012. it doesn't meant he world will end it's the same as our calendar ending on December 31 every year. it starts over again a January 1.

quite simple to understand i really don't understand all of this hype over the date. it's just the end of the mayan calendar, they never said it's the end of the world or anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

it could also just mean that things, the way we know them, are going to change.

it doesn't have to be some allusion to the end of the world, and the final battle of good and evil (because like so many have said, who exactly here is fit to decide good and evil.)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

I hear you man. But let's not get mixed up here, the earth itself is a living breathing organism. Surely it will cleanse itself of whatever it is that is making it sick, just like the human body does.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

once again, what you are saying is simply a belief, there is no hard proof one way or the other. in a way, saying something like that, is almost as insane as saying god is coming december 21 2012

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wow23
good question. I am on the side that wins, we all like a winner right?No seriously, I don't think that 2012 is important on a globl scale. Wer have had to many dates plucked out of thin air, only to be changed when nothing happens. Maybe, what the calender was stating for 2012 is something to do with space or something. Was that calender not set out to track the stars? Don't read to much into my friend, enjoy life whilst you got it, for 2012 is only around the corner. If you believe that something is going to happen, make the best of what you got. Well, nothing better happen, I am getting married in 2012. LOL...

This is a very good point. Such predictions, if from God, will have exact specific meanings. But just what they mean isn't often clear. Until we see them fulfilled. Kind of like saying, "the weather is going to be really bad very soon". A couple weeks later we know what is being talked about, when 100 tornadoes hit.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Actually, on December 21, 2012 the earth enters into the house of Aquarius, that is the significance of this date and there is plenty of evedince.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

Point taken. I guess I'd never thought of it that way. In the church I grew up in, the second coming of Christ was always synonymous with the end of the world.

I'll have to do some research on this and see what I can find.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

6:158 Wait they, indeed, for nothing less than that the angels should come unto them, or thy Lord should come, or there should come one of the portents from thy Lord? In the day when one of the portents from their Lord cometh, its belief availeth naught a soul which theretofore believed not, nor in its belief earned good (by works). Say: wait ye! Lo! We (too) are waiting.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
The term Armageddon appears in the Bible only one time (Revelation 16:16). It has reference to the concluding battle of the seven-year tribulation period. It is a mistake if we fail to see that this battle actually represents the entire period that prepares the world for this concluding act of God’s judgment. In other words, Armageddon is better represented as the entire “End Time Cataclysmic Period” which will end in the valley of Megiddo.

The Spirit of Truth says that this battle between the good and the evil forces have been waging for some time and leading ultimately to the final battle which the Holy Scripture refers to as Armageddon.

The Spirit of Truth says, this is a battle between God's Party and the Devil's Party. The Party of God being the Muslim People and The Devil's Party being the Beast (New World Order) and the harlot (Vatican) which in the Scriptures is referred to as BABYLON.

So which side are you on? This is the time for reflection, Children of Adam, study all the Scriptures and you will find that God's people are the people who believe in God's Unity as opposed to TRINITY, and IDOLATRY.

Final message: Whoever shall not believe in the TRUTH for their salvation, will believe in the LIE for their damnation.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

No problem, a lot of people think 2012 represents something that is does not. It does not represent the second coming of Christ as far as I know.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
every "side" that thinks they are the "good guys" is actually evil.

think about it!

The Anti-Christ himself isn't thinking to himself "well I'm the antichrist so let me start some crap in the world", no no, the antichrist will think he's the chosen of God just like you.

Every "side" will think they are on "God's side".

So what side are you on?

you said there isnt an antichrist though, or atleast a specific person

and now you say there is? or atleast word it to sound like it?

shouldnt they be following you anyway?

in other posts you said you are the one, hmmm

silly

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

DEC 22 2012 will be like

January 2nd 2000...nothing special.. compared to say Sept 11 th 2001.
2012 is Hype beyond belief... I mean an OLD CALENDER that we interpret as being accurate..as the basis for belief in the end of the world is as ridiculous as saying...I finished reading the bible so the world is going to end.
The end of the Mayan Calendar that we can find..does not mean the end of the world...maybe we have read the calendar wrong( so what) maybe theres another calendar or an interpretation that makes the calendar PERPETUAL.
I lived through the COLD WAR the Fall of Russia, Freedom in South Africa and the year 2000 flap...much ado about nothing..see you all here Dec 22 2012

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join