It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Which side is going to win? I mean, lets be honest here. I don't believe in anything, nor want to - but in 'Grand Super Bowl/World Cup' of Religion Wars, I want to be on the side that wins. Heck I'll even buy a T-Shirt and some of those big inflatable hands with "god rules" on them or something.

After the war is over, I'll go back to human sacrifice and picking up cheap NWO properties.

Oh wait. You were serious?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Under what authority do you make the claim of 2012 being Armageddon?

Jesus Christ Himself said the following:

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

You can take that to the bank. When he says like a thief, he means it. He said we would get no other sign other then the sign of Jonah, and that we have already had.

Think of it like this. A dream I had recently:

In the late night as I walked down an outdoor walkway, I looked to my left into an open doorway and a blanket was thrown over my head and I was spun around. So sudden it was. Alarming and completely without warning.

So that day will be. Not by my own prediction, but by voice of the Word.

Like a Thief in the night...

Peace

[edit on 2-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

When Jesus said that no man knew the time of his coming ecept the father, he was still in his earthly body and he was yet to rise to the right hand of his father. It is Jesus who opens the seals of Revelation which begin the tribulation, and he knows how long it goes for, so at some stage, even if he didn't know before opening these seals, even Jesus will know the timing of his coming. Yes the scriptures say that the day will come like a thief in the night, but it is not talking about the brethren...

1THESSALONIANS 5
1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.
2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

This says the brethren will not be in darkness, and this day will not overcome them like a thief, so why would that be?

AMOS 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Some people say that we are done with prophets and that no more will come but scripture says otherwise...

REVELATION 11:3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
(......)
7 And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast that ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
(.......)
11 And after three days and a half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.

And since these two also know how many days they have power until their death and subsequent resurrections, knowing also that the resurecction of the just takes place at the return of Christ, the date will be known by these prophets...

1CORINTHIANS 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

So at least by the start of the 1260 day mark, the date will be known, and the countdown will begin, but people simply won't believe it until it happens.

Edit: Also forgot to mention that when Jesus said the only sign he would give that he was the messiah, he was talking to the generation at his first coming, meaning that the sign would be him being in the grave for three and a half days...

Luke 11:29 And when the people were gathered thick together, he began to say, This is an evil generation: they seek a sign; and there shall no sign be given it, but the sign of Jonah the prophet.

Matthew 12:38 Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonah:
40 For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

God bless.

[edit on 2/6/08 by doctorex]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

I think it is SHAMEFULL when someone that claims understanding uses the bible as a sound bite to prove their misunderstood understandings.

That sound blurb you used from the bible has to do with the "second coming" the "moment of return" and not about the end of days.

Infact! Jesus Christ himself said that as you can judge the seasons so to should you be able to judge the changing of the age.

That's just an unrightous act you got going on there.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I'm on the side of the Guardians. But unfortunately many are on the side of the bad guys. Anyway, it will be an interesting year, that's for sure.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
2012 Armegeddon - Which side are we on?

This question is simlilar to a question posed at the dinner table last night by my 23 year old daughter. She asked the family, "What do you think will happen on December 12 2012?"

I said, "Well, I'll probably make supper."

She wasn't happy with the reply.

Yes the Mayan Callender ends in 2012 - oh wait...according to astronomer Philip Plait, the Mayan calendar does not end in 2012! He states it is similar to an odometer. As each section of the odometer reaches 9 and then clicks over to 0, the next number to it begins a new cycle...I don't think I have to go into more detail about odometers here...you get the picture.

But what do I know - we're just a bunch of fairytale believing Catholics who have visited the "harlot" AKA Vatican (wow - never heard that one before)...and have enough rosaries around this house to choke a dozen donkeys...but whatever - to each their own - my religion is someone elses fairytale - that works for me. Absolutely no sarcasm intended above - I wouldn't want everyone to agree with me or my beliefs. That would freak me out totally.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

That's great. Just keep the faith. We're in the final stages of our journey, exhort one another in doing good works and now more than ever keep your duty to God.

All Praise and Glory belongs to God alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Haha, got to love the bible... What a waste of paper and people relying on it. I personaly think its naive to believe in just one particular thing, the fact that people believe in a book which was effectively made from a series of "Chinese Whispers" handed down by stories and then written for people to live by and worship is insane.

So you generally believe that because a book says there is going to be an "Armageddon" Between "Good" and "Evil". Its more fictional than a Harry Potter Book.

Each to there own i guess !

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Marsrising

There's always only two options in everything in this life. The positive or the negative, the good or the bad. To follow what you know in your heart is TRUE, will need a strong faith in God Almighty. The true believer in God is one who when shown the way, sees it and follow it.

Your only option if you're really looking for salvation is to SURRENDER YOUR WILL AND PURPOSE TO GOD (Islam).

It is the ONLY religion sent down by God. The religion of our forefather Abraham and his sons, and the prophets.

2:130 And who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself? Verily We chose him in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.

2:132 The same did Abraham enjoin upon his sons, and also Jacob, (saying): O my sons! Lo! Allah hath chosen for you the (true) religion; therefore die not save as men who have surrendered (unto Him).

2:135 And they say: Be Jews or Christians, then ye will be rightly guided. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Nay, but (we follow) the religion of Abraham, the upright, and he was not of the idolaters.

2:193 And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrongdoers.

God's message to mankind:

2:256 There is no compulsion in religion. The right direction is henceforth distinct from error. And he who rejecteth false deities and believeth in Allah hath grasped a firm handhold which will never break. Allah is Hearer, Knower.

If you become one of those who have surrendered your will and purpose to God (Muslim), then it is for the good of your soul.

" There is ONLY ONE GOD, there is NONE worthy of worship except HIM. "

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

The difference between Muslims and Christians/Jews is that we believe in God, His angels, His scriptures and His Messengers and we make no distinction among any of the messengers.

2:87 And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the holy Spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?

2:136 Say (O Muslims): We believe in Allah and that which is revealed unto us and that which was revealed unto Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the tribes, and that which Moses and Jesus received, and that which the Prophets received from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them, and unto Him we have surrendered.

As to your claim that on the day of Jesus' coming, surely the Muslims will be here in great majority, for Jesus and his disciples according to God, are Muslims;

42:13 He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him).

3:52 But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him).

The truth is the Children of Israel in the time of Jesus did not believe in him and they seek to crucify him, but after his death, they deify him and called him the son of God, which is the teaching of Satan;

4:171 O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three". Cease! (it is) better for you! Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His transcendent majesty that he should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

5:78 Those of the children of Israel who went astray were cursed by the tongue of David, and of Jesus, son of Mary. That was because they rebelled and used to transgress.

5:110 When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favor unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead, by My permission and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere magic;

5:116 And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.

9:34 Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.

Amen

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Jeez what a mess we are never going to work this out, God must really shake his head at all this and wonder why he ever botherd,
Thanks for the Religous tenis match. Is it not the same God you are going on about,is it the idea or concept of the christian trinity that is the problem here or that there is only one God.
Maybe God should wipe his hands of both christian and Muslim and just take us frustrated gentle folk!
This is my opinion and do not intend to offend.
PEACE to you all
And tomorow im going to do something nice to someone.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
i am going to be very busy that day... i am going to help Frodo destroy the ring and then have some beers.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by CzErased]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

16:102 Say: The holy spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).

17:85 They will ask thee concerning the spirit. Say: The spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been vouchsafed but little.

99:4 on that Day will she recount all her tidings,

99:5 as thy Sustainer will have inspired her to do!

5:67 O Messenger! Make known that which hath been revealed unto thee from thy Lord, for if thou do it not, thou will not have conveyed His message. Allah will protect thee from mankind. Lo! Allah guideth not the disbelieving folk.

God's message to mankind ;

3:85 And whoso seeketh as religion other than Islam it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

3:95 Say: Allah speaketh truth. So follow the religion of Abraham, the upright. He was not of the idolaters.

4:125 Who is better in religion than he who surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good (to men) and followeth the tradition of Abraham, the upright? Allah (Himself) chose Abraham for friend.

6:161 Say: Lo! As for me, my Lord hath guided me unto a straight path, a right religion, the community of Abraham, the upright, who was no idolater.

7:89 We should have invented a lie against Allah if we returned to your religion after Allah hath rescued us from it. It is not for us to return to it unless Allah should (so) will. Our Lord comprehendeth all things in knowledge. In Allah do we put our trust. Our Lord! Decide with truth between us and our folk, for Thou art the best of those who make decision. -

7:198 And if ye (muslims) call them to the Guidance they hear not; and thou (Muhammad) seest them looking toward thee, but they see not.

9:33 He it is who hath sent His messenger with the guidance and the religion of Truth, that He may cause it to prevail over all religion, however much the idolaters may be averse.

The TRUTH is there are 1.84 billion Muslims now, Praise be to God.

110:1 When Allah's succor and the triumph cometh
110:2 And thou seest mankind entering the religion of Allah in troops.
110:3 Then hymn the praises of thy Lord, and seek forgiveness of Him. Lo! He is ever ready to show mercy.

Glory be to God, The Lord of The Worlds.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
And may i ask when you take over my country in the name of Allah Muslim Islam and i dont accept your religion what will become of me and my family?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I whole-heartedly believe such a "battle" will not take place... but if it did (I'll answer just for fun) I'd be on my own side. If the Abrahamic God did turn out to exist, I'd identify him as being just as tyrannical as the "NWO" therefore I'd chose neither over the other.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by timb3r

Actually I was deadly serious.

3:185 Every soul will taste of death. And ye will be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which ye have fairly earned. Whoso is removed from the Fire and is made to enter Paradise, he indeed is triumphant. The life of this world is but comfort of illusion.

6:16 He from whom (such retribution) is averted on that day (Allah) hath in truth had mercy on him. That will be the signal triumph.

Who will be triumphant on that DAY?

5:56 And whoso taketh Allah and His messenger and those who believe for friend (will know that), lo! the Party of Allah, they are the victorious.

23:111 Lo! I have rewarded them this day forasmuch as they were steadfast; and they verily are the triumphant.

48:5 That He may bring the believing men and the believing women into Gardens underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide, and may remit from them their evil deeds.--That, in the sight of Allah, is the supreme triumph--

9:111 Lo! Allah hath bought from the believers their lives and their wealth because the Garden will be theirs: they shall fight in the way of Allah and shall slay and be slain. It is a promise which is binding on Him in the Torah and the Gospel and the Quran. Who fulfilleth His covenant better than Allah? Rejoice then in your bargain that ye have made, for that is the supreme triumph.

8:8 That He might cause the Truth to triumph and bring vanity to naught, however much the guilty might oppose.

On that Day, God says;

15:2 It may be that those who disbelieve wish ardently that they were Muslims.

All Praise and Glory belongs to God alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
One point that you missed.

Jesus and his disciples are not Christians. They are men who have surrendered their wills and purposes to Allah. (Muslims)

Jesus did not bring down a new religion from God, but to establish the religion that was sent down to Abraham, our forefather, to wit ;

42:13 He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him).

3:52 But when Jesus became conscious of their disbelief, he cried: Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah? The disciples said: We will be Allah's helpers. We believe in Allah, and bear thou witness that we have surrendered (unto Him). ( Muslims)

" There is neither might nor power except with God. "

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofangels_17

Wow - I wish I was as certain of my faith as you are of yours. After all - I could be wrong!

I don't think I'm capable of being that certain of religion. I'm not even certain of what I'm going to make for supper tonight.

During my life as a Catholic I've attended many other church's and synagogues in order to understand and accept others more fully. I married an atheist! My daughter was Bahai for years! My son is agnostic!
Whatever! I let them make their own decisions!

Live and let live.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

13:18 For those who answered Allah's call is bliss; and for those who answered not His call, if they had all that is in the earth, and therewith the like thereof, they would proffer it as ransom. Such will have a woeful reckoning, and their habitation will be hell, a dire abode.

4:115 And whoso opposeth the messenger after the guidance (of Allah) hath been manifested unto him, and followeth other than the believer's way, We appoint for him that unto which he himself hath turned, and expose him unto hell a hapless journey's end!

5:10 And they who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of hell.

5:86 But those who disbelieve and deny Our revelations, they are owners of hell fire.

3:12 Say (O Muhammad) unto those who disbelieve: Ye shall be overcome and gathered unto hell, an evil resting place.

2:206 And when it is said unto him: Be careful of thy duty to Allah, pride taketh him to sin. Hell will settle his account, an evil resting place.

8:36 Lo! those who disbelieve spend their wealth in order that they may debar (men) from the way of Allah. They will spend it, then it will become an anguish for them, then they will be conquered. And those who disbelieve will be gathered unto hell.

7:179 Already have We urged unto hell many of the jinn and humankind, having hearts wherewith they understand not, and having eyes wherewith they see not, and having ears wherewith they hear not. These are as the cattle nay, but they are worse! These are the neglectful.

18:106 That is their reward: hell, because they disbelieved, and made a jest of Our revelations and Our messengers.

2:130 And who forsaketh the religion of Abraham save him who befooleth himself? Verily We chose him in the world, and lo! in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.

3:85 And whoso seeketh as religion other than the Surrender to Allah (Islam) it will not be accepted from him, and he will be a loser in the Hereafter.

"I bear witness that there is NO GOD BUT ALLAH, and Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah."

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Now this whole 2012 extravaganza is creating "sides"??

That sounds like War Propaganda to me!!

I will be siding with my family. The rest of you can play politicians.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join