It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

I have not studied other religions so I have to say I am ignorant in those. But, you make a good point about other prophecies. Okay forget the prophecies, hypothetically, if you see Jesus in the sky, would you turn to him or not? I know this can go on and on, but I just want to know if Christians were right in the end, would you turn to Christianity or stay set in your ways?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by BlackGuardXIII

Yes, but I don't mean today, I am talking about in the future, the anti-christ, the mark of the beast, the horsemen, the glorious appearing. I mean what if that unfolded in front of your eyes, and you had to make a choice, which choice would you make.

I doubt that at that stage I would have any choice. But, looking at Revelation, James, and John, and remembering that Jesus was a Nazorean Rabbi, I think I will look for the Essene Jewish section, possibly the Ethiopian Jews, because of the woolly hair reference. I do not see that happening though. If I have to choose one or another church I will forfeit, and choose none or all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If Armageddon is a battle between Dark and Light forces, a decision will be needed. It's not relevant which side I'll be choosing, the important thing is which side you will choose.

It' simply a choice of free will.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofangels_17
The term Armageddon appears in the Bible only one time (Revelation 16:16). It has reference to the concluding battle of the seven-year tribulation period.

There is no 7 year tribulation mentioned in scripture, it says 1260 days or time times and a half, meaning 3 and a half years.

It is a mistake if we fail to see that this battle actually represents the entire period that prepares the world for this concluding act of God’s judgment. In other words, Armageddon is better represented as the entire “End Time Cataclysmic Period” which will end in the valley of Megiddo.

The Spirit of Truth says that this battle between the good and the evil forces have been waging for some time and leading ultimately to the final battle which the Holy Scripture refers to as Armageddon.

Contrary to popular belief, scripture actually calls the battle "the battle of that great day of God Almighty", Armageddon is simply where these armies gather, in Megiddo.

Rev 16:14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
16 And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

The Spirit of Truth says, this is a battle between God's Party and the Devil's Party. The Party of God being the Muslim People and The Devil's Party being the Beast (New World Order) and the harlot (Vatican) which in the Scriptures is referred to as BABYLON.

The scriptures say the beast turns on harlot/Babylon (vatican) (Rev 17:16) and Babylon the great is already fallen by the time of the return of Christ, then the beast and the kings of the east gather to battle each other, but then turn to battle Christ and the armies which are in heaven (ouranos - also meaning the sky) as he arives in the sky...

Rev 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;
18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.
19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

It is essentially 90% of mankind verses God. So, who are the armies of heaven, the armies in the sky?

1Thessalonians 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

2Thessalonians 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

Mark 13:26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.

Mark 14:62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Those with Christ in the sky are the saints, resurrected and those still alive at the time, those who have followed God and His Son during all the history of man, not the muslims.

So which side are you on? This is the time for reflection, Children of Adam, study all the Scriptures and you will find that God's people are the people who believe in God's Unity as opposed to TRINITY, and IDOLATRY.

I know the muslims like to refer to Christians as "the polytheists", but they are mistaken if they belive all Christians believe in the trinity, I for one do not, I believe the Lord our God is one (ISAIAH 45:5-6), the Holy spirit is the Power of God, and that Jesus is his Son. I believe that if the there was any truth the trinity, that somewhere in all the pages of scripture it would talk about it, and not say over an over again quite the opposite. The trinity is something that just developed as a tradition as the gospel spread to pagan rome, which then became the biggest of the churches. The trinity itself has its roots in babylon. The same goes with idols.

but I'm curious as to why you are quoting Christianliterature and you seem to belive this is how the end will play out if you are a muslim, as seems to be the case (please correct me if I'm wrong). Kind of makes me curious like why Christians believe in this whole 2012 thing, considering what it's based on and what the bible says about giving creedence to such things.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

There is no 7 year tribulation mentioned in scripture, it says 1260 days or time times and a half, meaning 3 and a half years.

Well if the 2012 thing is true, that would mean that the tribulation period begins, this month.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Actually I don't get to choose a side, I have to be impartial. You see, I've been chosen to score the fight.

I get to sit on the sideline in an easy chair and do the blow by blow, as all the world goes to hell around me. Well, wait, maybe it goes to paradise. depends on which side wins...I don't want to call it before I see it.....or give the impression I've been bribed...heheheheheheheheeh....

Just rest assured it will be a good fight and hitting below the belt won't be allowed by the good guys.....I mean....by anyone.......

I just can't wait till 2012 gets here.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12.21.12

Well if the 2012 thing is true, that would mean that the tribulation period begins, this month.

I think you're miscounting, Dec 2012 ---> (minus 1) ---> Dec 2011 ---> (minus 2) ---> Dec 2010 ---> (minus 3)---- Dec 2009----> minus another half year brings to june 2009, but I don't agree with the 2012 date.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Yeah I did mis-count, just realized that.. Thanks though

EDIT
I counted backwards 1280 and ended with July 16, 2009. Not sure how accurate this is though, I may have miscounted again.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
There is a total solar eclipse on July 22, 2009, I believe this would be the most accurate guess. eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Easy question, easy answer...I have been and will remain on the side of God. No matter the religion, no matter what anyone else says.

IMO, I don't think God is going to care about which religion a person belongs to. All he is going to care about is whether or not you have chosen to be with him. There are only two choices. You are either with God or you are with satan. There is no middle ground and there is no picking to "do your own thing."

If you do not choose God, then you have chosen satan whether you realize it or not. God has given us approxmately 6000 years to run the world as we see fit, and see what a bang up job we (mankind) have done. Now it's his turn to run things his way...the way it should be according to his will. Everything in the universe works according to the will of God...except mankind. We totally blew it.

When the angels announce that time shall be no more, that doesn't mean time as we know it is over. It means our time is up. Before that happens people had better make their choice because after that it will be too late.

Marilyn~

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
To me its actually whos on my side. Not if im on their side.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The bible, and the prophecies tell that there will be hard times before the actual battle of Armageddon. Economy is going down, plagues and hunger and war.. There will be a world war before countries will go against God's chosen country, Israel. We all will be here when the war begins, but when all all the nations go against Israel, this is when Jesus comes to get his own, no-one will know the exact date, but God is never too late. After that, Anti-Christ, the person who satan goes inside, the person who causes admiration because of all the good things he does, will show up and end the war, which is the beginning of the few years period of peace. God will not be around anymore. This is when all the people are going to have to be chipped and be eternally doomed, or if they refuse to take it, they will have to die as martyrs. This requires knownledge or they will fall for the beast and his miracles. After those years of Anti-Christ ruling world, satan and everyone who has the mark in their body, will be pwned.

I hope I don't have to stay here on earth when believers are taken away. And even if I do, unless I die during the war as a civil as I'm most likely too young to attend the war when the time comes, I won't be going to take the chip, because I know what it is.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Armageddon happened in may 2005 on the 16th. It was a small/insignificant moment of God. No coincidence it's Rev 16:16 having to do with May 16 (1+6=7) 2005 (2+0+0+5=7). God bombed before Satan. Now it's Satan's turn this week dead center to bomb God. The 4th is the Answer since God wouldnt dare answer, just to avoid God's ppl being brought to justice!

God is the wicked one. Satan is the good one with testimony against God. Let Satan speak and hear Satan out before you judge on behalf of God's wicked plan.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Mabus]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it is fiction. But, I also think that if enough people believe in something like that they can make it happen, so whether fiction or not is could be a threat to humanity.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by Quazga

I have not studied other religions so I have to say I am ignorant in those. But, you make a good point about other prophecies. Okay forget the prophecies, hypothetically, if you see Jesus in the sky, would you turn to him or not? I know this can go on and on, but I just want to know if Christians were right in the end, would you turn to Christianity or stay set in your ways?

Ok, so in the spirit of giving you a thoughtful reply that is both introspective and insightful, I'll say this;

I appreciate and revere prophetic writings, but not for the reason most folks do, or at least not in the manner that I used to when I was a child. I see them as a stark mirror into their most keen intuitions, however filtered by their time period and "situation". When I look back on history, I see abstract cycles. And when I look at prophecy, I see very personal and subjective narratives from mystics who had a deep and personal relationship with a phenomena that they refer to by many names depending on culture.

I have found that I identify with many of the struggles of these men and women (See Rabia). In fact, I identify so much that I describe myself as a mystic. I feel these cosmic struggles, and realize through experience that they occur both objectively and subjectively, both individually and collectively, microcosmically and macrocosmically; as above so below.

In my understanding, Revelation describes the process of individuation. This process occurs in an individual pysche, a collective culture, and some might also argue that it occurs within metaphysical constructs such as a "Kingdom of God".

Obviously it is one thing to go through the process described on a personal level, it is a completely different thing to experience it on a collective level.

As I look around and see the obvious trends in this world, I feel that I am experiencing this on a collective level. And honestly, it's very interesting to see the level of chaos and conflict which is occurring in our world. I don't know what to think to be honest. I don't view this anywhere near the way you view this, but the situation today is still one that holds my interest and concern, as I see many things begin to slip away. Yet all the while, my own world is being built up. It's a very odd contrast to be upwardly mobile in such a crazy economic time. And at the same time it's a very crazy thing to have gone through the process I understand Revelation to describe on a personal level, and then to see it occurring everywhere around me.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
THERE WILL be 2 in one house, ONE will be taken and the other left.

There will be 2 standing in a field, one will be taken and the other left.

The Weeds and Wheat are alowed to grow SIDE BY SIDE, at the harvest time the wheat will be colleted and the weed burned.

What Side you on again fool?

I can't wait for the WEED to start BURNING! (pass that slnit over here, toke toke there you go).

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
there are no sides.

by picking a side you will pick wrong.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I look at it differently than most on here do, i guess.

With all the different ways of looking at it, I am starting to think we have become to knowledgeable and that may be the doing in for the majority of ppl (hell, even myself *bites nails nervously*)

For instance, some on here say something to the effect of "well, i KNOW i am not getting the mark" as though the mark is damnation in and of itself, when in the Bible it doesn't just mention taking the "mark of the beast" as being worthy of damnation, but rather taking the mark AND worshipping the beast. So, one may or may not assume that one could get the mark and be fine so long as they do not worship the beast *insert: i am not saying i believe the previous or the following; just making a point*. or one might assume that just bc someone DOESN'T get the mark, but refuses for selfish reasons, i.e. for the reason of saving themself from damnation, they are technically still worshipping the beast.

i have heard them all and have been confused by them all.

also, the Bible speaks of a great delusion that will be (or has been) sent by God to deceive the world (even the elect WERE IT POSSIBLE), so let's say that the "beast" looks like the Jesus we have been taught to believe (the one in the paintings) and he comes down from the sky saying he has brought peace to the world. many COULD be decieved thinking that this is the Christ as spoken of in the Bible.

The main thing I try to focus on is the character of God rather than "choosing sides" at the moment. It is all we have to be able to distinguish between good and evil, seeing that evil can often appear good and vise versa.

We know that Satan can come as an agent of light, therefore, i know that THAT is not going to be a distinguishing factor between God and his enemies. We also know that satan can promote morality (and does so for a purpose, but won't elaborate as that would be diverting from the path of the original question), so that can not be a distinguishing factor.

I am just saying that until that time comes, rather than focusing on who's side I am going to be on and if I am or am not taking a mark etc etc, I think my time is better spent preparing myself by ignoring the different doctrinal interpretations and focusing on God's character so that hopefully, I won't be one of the MAJORITY who will be deceived.. bc i seriously doubt it is going to BE as black and white as the OP's question.

eh, just my thoughts on it anyway.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Assuming we get to choose sides, and assuming this will happen I will say this I am an entrepreneur, a profiteer, a solider of fortune. I will join the side that will allow the most for my profit but it is very likely that I would in fact play both sides. And besides people like me thrive off of chaos.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hey! What happened to unity? I thought we are all in it together and that there is no side. I do not understand the hype with the various, alleged '2012 Armageddon' scenario(s). We should just wait and see what really happens. Other than that, please just live as normally as possible without being so fearful about any unknown, future event. Sheesh. Good night and pleasant dreams.

[edit on 2008-6-01 by pikypiky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join