It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ARMAGEDDON: Which side are you on?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I honestly cannot tell the difference between the bible and ridiculously complex fantasy tales like the Lord of the Rings. Not trying to ruffle feathers or pick or a fight or ridicule anyone but so much of Christianity and religion in general gets a
response from me. Especially all these end times predictions or whatever.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by CuriousSkeptic]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baburak

The God you speak of is the Judeo-Christian God from the Bible. So you have picked a specific God to disbelieve, and have stated why.

I can debate the principles of why you don't believe in this God. You give reasons for not believing in such by the actions this God has taken, things as casting millions into Hell.

On this note I will say that this God has given very simply instructions on how to achieve Heaven. Think of it like this. This rules to baseball says the team with the most runs wins the game. There are rules describing how this is done. Is the Umpire wrong for saying the team with less runs losses? People choose their own actions, and if they choose wrongly they loose. Pretty simple. This God has cast no one (other than his Fallen Angel, Lucifer) to Hell... those millions you speak of made their own choice. Being Just, He has allowed them their choice. He does not FORCE Heaven upon them. He offered, they refused. This is in no way stupid, but precisely what giving Free Will was about. I assume you are grown. If I tell you not to touch the fire, that it will burn you and hurt you... when you then touch the fire am I evil, wrong, or stupid? I told you what would happen, you made your own decision.

However, that is of little consequence to my reason for responding. You seem not to believe in this Judeo-Christian God. Do you believe in any Higher Being at all? Or do you feel every thing has a purely scientific, though random, reason for existing?

There are other gods that may be closer to the Truth. And if my theory of Faith is right, all it takes then is to believe in the one you find that you feel is the right one. An example, I have a friend who follows Thor. Not the entire Pantheon, just Thor. He explains this by saying all those others mentioned are actually seperate actions and areas of the one god, Thor. People knew Thor as one thing, but as they advanced he was required to help the people in new ways. They attributed these actions to other dieties, in a way of explaining both these new occurences and how one could possibly do so much.

Is he right. Who knows. For all I know, I may have been speaking with Thor all these years... simply calling him God. No one truly KNOWS, they simply BELIEVE. They have FAITH.

I ask you, do you feel there is anything greater than Man, anything that may have created the energy or had the power for all the wonders of the Universe to exist. Or is it all simple science?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousSkeptic

Welcome to the conversation, Skeptic.

Let me ask, please, what you see being so similar in the Lord of the Rings and the Bible. Some reference, please?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
This thread is a good microcosm of the entirely too crazy human condition. It's no wonder any advanced beings, if they exist and have any involvement with humanity (as appears to be the case) have quarrantined us. Prime Directive. I don't believe any Apocalyptic, Messianic hoo-hah or the like will transpire at least until or unless there's enough popular support against government-by-secrecy in general. [Hint: Think National Security State (NSS) and not vague crap like NWO and Illuminati as the real source of the problems]. Otherwise we have the freewill to screw ourselves into oblivion. It's no one's choice but humans'. Prime f-ing Directive!!! What evidence is there to the contrary?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it... but Ragnarok the Norse end time has already happened. As you break down the word Ragna and Rok you get "Reign of the Gods" and the old Norse gods are now 'dead' and have been replaced by a single God, or ruling power. If you compare Armageddon and Ragnarok both have already happened and I think we lost.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
This thread is a good microcosm of the entirely too crazy human condition.

I too am with you on this Lightworth, but within this merrygoround of a thread, there is a lesson to be learned.

Its not about taking sides. Its about bringing out the side of Good will which is the will of God. And should one not have enough faith or belief to understand God, then understand Good will and peace to all mankind.

Like weeds in a garden, when they are throughout the garden, one does not beat the weeds which in doing so scatters even more unwanted seed. But rather, we should water the desired vine within the garden according to its need leaving the weed to wither.

Peace

[edit on 3-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Except you can't compare them. Ragnarok can been seen as having passed, with the destruction of those old gods (though some still cling to such ideals) however the words written about the Apocolpyse are from a different source, dated after or around the fall of Ragnarok. The consolidation of gods into God is not the Apocolpyse, but can be seen as Ragnarok.

While both describe 'End Times' they are NOT the SAME END TIME.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Let me clearify something....

The End of Times is December 21,2112.

December 21,2112=12,21,21,12=all mirrored 12's

2+1=3
1+2=3
2+1=3
1+2=3

3+3+3+3=12 another 3

Which means "cycle",the unfinished pyramid will finally be built!

The sun will then align in a circluar alignment which it is almost complete,then the sun will reeflect/bounce in every direction in which will created the great pyramid=all seeing eye.

Then every light lines up and just destroys each one as the light bounces off eachother.

You have to learn true science in order to understand science.

The end of time,is the end of light because the light is what creates,numbers,letters,science,religion,geometry,alchemy,etc....

Thats why its called the end of time,because its the end of light.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by meanmug]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Ragnarok691

Allah unto whom All Praise and Glory belongs, is the Creator of the Heavens and the Earth.

Allah is the Arabic word for God For Muslims, the word signifies the one true God Arabic-speaking Christians and Jews also often use the word Allah, with the exact meaning of God Muslims do not believe that Jesus is God; instead they respect him and follow his teachings in his capacity as one of God's many messengers to his people.

The One True God, Creator of the Universe, and the only God to be worshiped Muslims believe that Allah is the same God worshiped by the Judeo-Christian prophets.

Derived from the word 'Ilah' which means 'the One deserving of all worship' All of Allah's creations have been ordained to call him by this name.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by BradKell

Thanks a lot for the input, you speak the truth when you talked about FAITH.

I just want to add this for the other guy.

Is there any other God except the God of our forefather Abraham?

The secret of pre-destination is man's free will.

If God has willed He could have made all mankind to believe in Him, but God is the Praiseworthy and in no need of anything. He gave us FREE-WILL, so we can love Him freely, involuntarily and with all our heart and with all our soul for all the blessings that we receive from Him everyday of our lives. This free-will that God has given us also makes us free to choose from the two paths that He has laid down before us. The path to Eternal Life or the Path to Eternal Damnation which is the pre-destined end of mankind's journey.

According to the Prophet Muhammad in one of the Sacred Revelations from God;

When God created paradise, he said to Gabriel, "Go and look at it"; then Gabriel went and looked at it and at the things which God had prepared for the people of it. After that Gabriel came and said, "O my Lord! I swear by thy glory no one will hear a description of paradise but will be ambitious of entering it." After that God surrounded paradise with distress and troubles, and said, "O Gabriel, go and look at paradise." And he went and looked, and then returned and said, "O my Lord, I fear that verily no one will enter it." And when God created hell fire he said to Gabriel, "Go and take a look at it." And he went and looked at it, and returned and said, "O my Lord, I swear by thy glory that no one who shall hear a description of hell fire will wish to enter it." Then God surrounded it with sins, desires, and vices; after that he said to Gabriel, "Go and look at hell fire," and he went and looked at it, and said, "O my Lord, I swear by thy glory I am afraid that every one will enter hell, because sins are so sweet that there is none but will incline to them."

The truth is, the road to paradise is narrow and only men secure in their faith of The Almighty and the Afterlife, seeks to follow it. But wide is the road that leads to perdition and many there be that pursues it even knowing where it leads.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Thanks, Roxaz.

It's true that Allah is the same God, as the God of Judeo-Christians. Indeed there are no God save Allah, the God of our forefather Abraham.

2:255 Allah! There is no God save Him, the Alive, the Eternal. Neither slumber nor sleep overtaketh Him. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. Who is he that intercedeth with Him save by His leave? He knoweth that which is in front of them and that which is behind them, while they encompass nothing of His knowledge save what He will. His throne includeth the heavens and the earth, and He is never weary of preserving them. He is the Sublime, the Tremendous.

5:82 Thou wilt find the most vehement of mankind in hostility to those who believe (to be) the Jews and the idolaters. And thou wilt find the nearest of them in affection to those who believe (to be) those who say: Lo! We are Christians. That is because there are among them priests and monks, and because they are not proud. -

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

Pink Floyd didn't write the Dark Side of the moon for nothing. Take a deeper look in the symbolism they use to drive their point home.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by meanmug

The end of Light is indeed the end of Life.

Mathematics is an exact Science.

Mathematics is the language God used in His creation of the universe, and thus it is logical, orderly, beautiful, and very practical in science and in daily life.

No subject matter better reflects the glory of God than mathematics. To study mathematics is to study God's thoughts after Him, for He is the great Engineer and Architect of the universe.

God talks to us through numbers, all numbers have meanings if one care to search for it.

Another way of Mathematically looking at the date

12+21+20+12 = 65 ( reduce to 2 digits is 11, and finally one digit is 2)
3 +3+2+3 = 11 (2)

The numbers 9 and 11, are numbers that speaks strongly to me of the coming Judgment of God.

But of course we are all entitled to our opinions of certain things.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

I guess you're right referring to the list, God has indeed made a list in a book called The Book of Life, where the names of those who will be saved are written.

As for running underground, I don't really think it will help. To survive in those times will be worse than death, to see your loved ones dying will be greater torture.

As was in the time of Noah, none escaped from the wrath of God, except those who believed in God and in Noah whom He has sent at the time as a warner to the people.

God never fails to keep His promise to His messengers and those who follow His messengers.

Peace and God's blessings!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hooligan13

If you truly believe in God and it is only Him you worship, and you associate no partners with Him, and you give charity to people who are in need and do good works, then Our Merciful God will surely have mercy on you and guide you.

God guides those who believe and do good works to the path of Righteousness.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Glad to hear that you're on God's side. The Law of One God, is The Law of God.

Peace!

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Ehh,

I did a spell to hurry this up before next April, so I won't have to deal with the other 'evil' before tax time...

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Yes, nobody knows exactly. The year 2012 Armageddon title is really just a test question for all of us, and not fear-mongering as some people say.

The concept is to test the readiness of each and everyone of us, and to renew our Faith in The ONE GOD.

I personally believe that we are now living in the Tribulation period, the signs are everywhere, famine, wars, earthquake, epidemic, pestilences etc.

If we really believe in God, this is the best time to call on Him and repent if we have been neglectful of our duty to Him. Because this is the time when repentance can still be accepted.

As for which side are you on, let me put it this way, if you're just an spectator in a match between the Muslims (a group of people who honestly believe in God) and the Beast who wants to be God, which side will you be on?

May God, Our Lord and Creator Guide us all. Amen.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by osirus82

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, of course.

2:212 beautified is the life of the world for those who disbelieve; they make a jest of the believers. But those who keep their duty to Allah will be above them on the Day of Resurrection. Allah giveth without stint to whom He will.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

It's because the Muslims believe that it is their duty to God to spread the Gospel of the Kingdom of God, the same as Christians do. Muslims believe that Jesus did not set up a new religion but just followed and taught the religion of our forefather Abraham.

42:13 He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him).

I was a Christian before and very active in spreading the Gospel of Jesus to whoever will listen. I truly believe that I became a better follower of Jesus when I converted to Islam, Jesus himself announced the coming of the Prophet Muhammad by name in his True Gospel as was attested by the Holy Quran.

61:6 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is Ahmad( The Praised One). Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

5:78 Those of the children of Israel who went astray were cursed by the tongue of David, and of Jesus, son of Mary. That was because they rebelled and used to transgress.

5:116 And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou art the Knower of Things Hidden.

I prefer to support Jesus by confirming his message and to testify that he never said in his gospel that he is God or son of God. And to accept the Prophet who came after him, sent by God to all of mankind not only to the Children of Israel, as Jesus was.

"Truly I say to you, that every prophet when he is come has borne to one nation only the mark of the mercy of God. And so their words were not extended save to that people to which they were sent. But the Messenger of God, when he shall come, God shall give to him as it were the seal of his hand, insomuch that he shall carry salvation and mercy to all the nations of the world that shall receive his doctrine. He shall come with power upon the ungodly, and shall destroy idolatry, insomuch that he shall make Satan confounded; for so promised God to Abraham, saying: "Behold, in your seed I will bless all the tribes of the earth; and as you have broken in pieces the Idols , O Abraham;, even so shall your seed do.""
James answered: "O master, tell us in whom this promise was made; for the Jews say "in Isaac," and the Ishmaelites say "in Ishmael;." Jesus answered: David, whose son was he, and of what lineage?" James answered: "Of Isaac; for Isaac was father of Jacob, and Jacob was father of Judah, of whose lineage is David."
Then Jesus said: "And the Messenger of God when he shall come, of what lineage will he be?" The disciples answered: "Of David." Whereupon Jesus said: "You deceive yourselves; for David in spirit calls him lord, saying thus: God said to my lord, sit you on my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool. God shall send forth your rod which shall have lordship in the midst of your enemies. If the Messenger of God whom you call Messiah were son of David, how should David call him lord? Believe me, for truly I say to you, that the promise was made in Ishmael, not in Isaac."

"I bear witness that there is ONLY ONE GOD, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God."

[edit on 4-6-2008 by queenofangels_17]

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join