It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sea Level Rising?

page: 1.

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I live very far inland. But last night I had yet another dream about the ocean. Let me just say that these dreams come randomly and I have no plans of visiting any states that are not landlocked any time soon. However I have family members who do. I am very familiar with the places I have visited in my dreams.

The first dream I had was about a giant wave over 100 meters high that swept across the coastline. East coast I believe.

Curiously, this dream I had last night would be a prelude to the one mentioned above.

Most things seemed normal. I even swam in the ocean earlier in the day before this happened. I did happen to notice also in this dream, that the price for regular unleaded had risen all the way to $6.75 a gallon. What was even more disturbing was the general cost of living and those who were struggling to survive on a daily basis. Food was also an important costly thing.

Somewhere in this dream, I was given details about building a house that was completely natural and specifications that made these homes self sufficient. I believe they were straw bail homes, but the details on building were pretty specific.

Anyhow that I have yet to look into. That evening we were taking a drive in my fathers truck, we drove down to a street that ran alongside the coastline although the water had raised above shoreline and there were about three feet of standing water in the street. Of course it was dry until then because we were on a slope. Huge waves that were eight and nine feet high began to surface, there was a huge storm taking place in the ocean. We were trying to take a right turn to make our way through the standing water and there were times when thes waves would engulf the entire truck we were in as well as those who were already making their way through the standing water.

Just curious if there are others who have had dreams like this one.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
my youngest daughter had a dream that she was in a city which began to flood; she ran up to a tall apt building and knocked, waited a few minutes, knocked again, a few seconds later, a woman opened the door, pulled her inside.

They went up about 10 flights of stairs perhaps 6 stories and went inside an apt, she looked at herself in the mirror and she looked about 8-10 years older. She went to the window looked down at the street where the front door was and the water line was up pass the door where she was standing just 20 mins before..

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
www.strawbalecentral.com...

Straw Bale Construction

I found an interesting site that explaines different ways to build houses out of natural materials.

Hopefully some of these techniques will work far inland, and away from any waves!

I guess it wouldn't hurt for any of us to know how to use materials that may be found around us in case of any type of disaster!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
It's funny I can't remember all the details about how this thing was supposed to be built. But I was given a pamphlet with specific direction. Most of which had to do with air circulation and such. Inside the pamphlet was a picture of a native american family, living inside their straw bail home.

The one thing I do remember about these homes is that the walls were supposed to be about 2-3 feet thick and most of the air circulation was dependent on the slope of the roof and I believe their was a ventilation shaft in the center.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Komodo that sounds like a similar account I have heard before.

Maybe here on ATS.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I want to give this thread a bump in light of recent events.

1. The Gulf Oil Spill
2. The cost of fuel
3. Healthcare legislation
4. Higher taxes

I had another dream about gas prices a few nights ago. They are at about $2.65 a gallon right now but in my most recent dream the price jumped to over $5 dollars a gallon over night.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

All that sandy soil in South New Jersey is left over from a Tsunami that came up the Delaware Bay as it riolled over the Atlantic coastline up to Philadelphia. When I was 8 years old I walked out my parents back yard to a steep 1000 foot cliff to the east of the house and below was the Atlantic Ocean that had swallowed up Philadelphia and its suburbs immediately to the West ,just missing us. The whole Continental Shelf sunk,taking New Jersey with it overnight.This was just a dream I had back in the 1950s.

top topics

join