It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the wave of Anti-Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
As I remarked in another thread...

Take the 7/4 on offer world wide about a Republican president...

Or shut up...

your choice..

Me....and many of "astute" people worldwide (which includes futures players, stock pickers and downright speculators)

Have put our money where our gobs are...

Unless the election is rigged as per Florida you know when, you are headed for a Dem prez...

And I'll bet we dont see your azz round here when it happens...

Like I said, having an opinion is fine and dandy, but putting your money where your mouth is, that's another matter

You simply dont have it *LMAO*

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The majority of these threads attacking Obama and anybody who supports him have been posted by you Jamie; can you get over your personal issues with Obama and get to the real issues? Quit posting this garbage, this isn’t the anti-Obama forum, its ATS, deny ignorance.

Very impressive. Comparing people who you disagree with to Nazis and calling for their banishment from ATS.

Thank you for providing another example of the progressive view that people should be allowed to express their opinions, so long as those opinions agree with yours.

Just like you called people who disagreed with your views "sheep" and mentally disturbed? disabled?. We can all act like adults here or continue these pointless little arguments. Can you control yourself and act like an adult? Its really not that hard. If you have personal issues, keep them outside the forum for the sake of a good ATS environment for everybody.

Back on topic, a lot of the pushing back against Obama supporters is just that -a push back against the supporters, not Obama himself. And if you would spend a few minutes perusing the boards, you would find an incredible amount of negative posts about Hillary Clinton.

Oh yes there are plenty of threads bashing Hillary, Myself and others are not going to deny that, but tell me has there ever been a surge of anti-Obama bashing threads at once? There has always been Obama bashing threads along with anti Hillary clinton threads are your not helping anything but your own issues. Two wrongs don’t make right buddy, you play nice and you will find thats others will do the same.

It doesn't help that Obama supporters are very weak at discussing the issues, but very strong at complaining against perceived slights against their chosen one. A great example is this thread.

Weak in discussing what issues? For the last week or so all iv seen from members such as yourself are personal attacks and rumors on Obama and his supporters, threads that mock people who do not share the same views as you and thats it. Tell me what sort of important issues? If you would post more threads that stick to the important issues maybe you will find yourself with good arguments from both sides.

Honestly, I can never recall any whiny complaint about why all the Bush bashing or why all the Clinton bashing, or even why all the U.S. bashing. For some reason, maybe because they've led sheltered lives, Obama supporters flip out when somebody says anything about Obama. They begin accusing people of being racists for simply saying they wouldn't vote for Obama.

Bush bashing? I think we all understand why there’s plenty of that not to mention he has been POTUS for the last 7years and we’ve seen some of the BS coming from his administration, you cannot make comparisons to the threads about him and the presidential candidates, no candidate has been elected president yet.

As I said before, all threads regarding personal insults and bashing to other candidates and supporters are just immature and dont make ATS look good. Nobody is denying the threads bashing Hillary but that doesn’t excuse the garbage you have been flooding ATS with for the last week or so.

Finally, I do not accept the characterization that most of the opinions about Obama has been "bashing" of any sort. Most have been well reasoned opinions about why people don't like Obama. Is that bashing?

Reasoned opinions? not considered bashing? So threads like “Barack Obama has an infantile mentality.” or “Brainless Voters (Obama Sheep)” or “Obama and Narcissistic Personality Disorder” ain bashing, their reasonable arguments? These threads are more fact than personal your telling us here?

We dont need this kind of attitude here in ATS. If you have an argument about a candidate or somebody political views, you make sure you have actual evidence to back it up and that it matters.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Obama is more corrupt and violated than a NYC street hooker.

Who knows, maybe an Obamaian Brave New World would work out afterall. Check it out after Obama is Presdient after some time:

Obama's Brave New World

Also, don't forget to visit Obama's fact site (sponsored by Bigbert):

Obama fact net

[edit on 1-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_GuardianThere may be plenty of reasons for why these peope are so angry and so personal on this forum, some of these posters could have been pro Hillary supporters, some of these posters would have preferred the weaker candidate to go up against and others just dont like him because of how different he is. It is this kind attitude and this propaganda garbage that got Bush elected in, twice, and people still wonder how he was elected as POTUS.

This is truly turning into a phenomenon. Obama may be the first candidate in history where his supporters cannot fathom ANY rational reason why people don't support him.

Here, add this to your list why some people don't like the idea of Obama for President:

1. He's inexperienced.
2. He's far too liberal.
3. He's arrogant, condescending, and elitist.
4. He's naive.
5. He wants to weaken the U.S. militarily.

Insulting people and their candidate with personal attacks doesnt make this forum look good and it makes other ATS threads less credible or bias.

Sphlllsh..... dang.... you just made me spit my drink all over my keyboard!

Now you want to make it off limits to insult somebody's candidate???

Ok, in the spirit of cooperation and unity, I will consider going along with this. You need to first start with people insulting President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Once you convince everybody to stop insulting Bush and Cheney, get back to me, and we will move to the next phase of the verbal disarmament talks.

I dont like McCain but I am willing to listen to people and their opinions provided the dont insult me for my beliefs and values, Im sure most of you feel the same way here.

Where did this sudden obsession about being insulted come from??? Now you can't insult somebody's beliefs or values? Ok, I get where you're coming from in theory, but WTH??? How are you going to police this? Just the fact that somebody would support late term abortions is an insult to my beliefs and values.

Seriously, why is there all of a sudden this outbreak of being thin-skinned around here???

Most of this issue surround the few disgruntled members here on this forum, honestly now, grow up.

Exactly. The Obama supporters who take offense at being asked to just name one policy of Obama's have become very disgruntled because everybody hasn't fallen in step yet.

Seriously, I commend your idealism, as misguided as it may be.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Nice set of talking points. Looks very official, can you please include a link to the original Talking Points document released by the campaign?
Or give appropriate credit next time.

You do realize that anyone with any insight or interest at all will see that you are hollow, that your words are hollow, and that you are of no more significance than an opposition bot.

Ok, here is a chance to redeem yourself:
Site three instances of what Obama has done to act "Elitist".

If you ever bother to learn anything about the actual candidates, you might be entitled to make an evaluation. Original entries only, need apply.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Hes one sided...

This party system and even to an extent ideologies is just ugh...

The Left hates the Right, The Right hates the Left, Democrats hate Republican, Republicans hate Democrats...

Both sides couldn't give a damn about the other, Each side wants to force their values and beliefs on the other through law and its BS.

No thank you I choose neither side, I choose my own side a side that opts to remain neutral yet free, Meaning, If the Republicans don't like abortion then fine, Republicans don't get abortions...

Republicans don't like gay marriage? Fine Republicans thats great for you, don't become gay and get married to your partner....

Democrats don't like guns? Fine Democrats don't buy guns...

the list gos on and on and on...

The point is your opinions are your opinions, You have no right to force your opinions on me through law.

you don't like something that's fine don't do it, If I like it I will do it and its not your place to tell me I can't, This is America people not whatever tyrannical system your one sided forced views want it to be...

Don't get me wrong its ok to have views and opinions, However in a free society its not ok, to force those views and opinions on others through law.

In a nutshell, Unless its hurting you, ie; keeping you from asserting your own free will and rights, Then mind your own damn business and don't be concerned with what I do with my freedoms.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Site three instances of what Obama has done to act "Elitist"?

If Elitist and spoiled are one in the same, then here ya go:

*Sore Loser*

Obama was supposed to give a congratulatory speech (the loser always does and time is alloted and expected for this) after the West Virgina primary.

Obama and his wife just walked off and turned their backs on everyone, just like a couple of spoiled eilitist brats. A news reporter caught up with Michelle (Obama kept going - loser) and the reporter asked Michelle "Why did you just walk off like that?". Michlelle replied, "We can't stand Hillary Clinton, she thinks she is better than us."

*Condescending to PA Voters*

Obama stated that voters there "cling to guns or religion" because of bitterness about their economic lot.

*Condescending to America*

After his anti-American association with a radical inflammatory Pastor Wright (and now others), Obama turned it around and blamed America for being racist and that Wright's comments were "devisive" and his comments speak truth for alot of the Black Community with regard to racial hatred by Whites. He has now disowned Pastor Wright.

*Rich Grandparents, 4 million a year income*

Obama brings in 4 million a year. His typical White Grandma and Grandpa raised and provided for him and put him through Harvard.

If that isn't "I think my shiat don't stink" Elitist type of attitude, then please humor me.

Now a question for you addressing Obama's credibility.

Name three concrete things that make Obama credible for POTUS? I don't want to hear "Change" or "Hope" or that shallow BS. Give some facts.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   

This is truly turning into a phenomenon. Obama may be the first candidate in history where his supporters cannot fathom ANY rational reason why people don't support him.

Here, add this to your list why some people don't like the idea of Obama for President:

Your clearly not reading what Im saying here Jamie. Did I say theres no reason for those people not to support Obama? No I didnt but obviously you find it convienient to add alittle extra to what im saying to suit your argument. Let me just remind you again, theres no need for insults just because somebody does not share you view mmk?

1. He's inexperienced.
2. He's far too liberal.
3. He's arrogant, condescending, and elitist.
4. He's naive.
5. He wants to weaken the U.S. militarily.

See was this so hard? You did it without having to insult anybody.

1. Yes he is the least experience out of all three candidates but I believe he has enough experience to become POTUS and quite frankly experience didnt do the nation a whole lot over the last 7yrs now did it?

Hillary is not that much more experienced than Obama, she became senator in 2000, Obama was in the illinois senate from 1997-2004 and then senator from there. Theres not a great deal of differences in experience let alone policies unless you include Hillary as being first lady.

2. Fair enough, its your ideology so I dont really expect you to share his viewpoints just like I dont agree with those of the far right.

3. Arrogant? How? So Hillary and her camp were not so arrogant to assume she would become the democratic nominee? Many assumed that Hillary would be nominee by now and probably invested plenty of money and what not into Hillarys run for president, that sort of explains the angry people, some in this forum.

Elitist? Explain why. The last time I check Hillary and McCain earn much more than Obama has, both Hillary and McCain are tied to Washington much longer than Obama, both Hillary and McCain take money from lobbyists, whos elitist?

4.I think its very important to bring confidence to your supporters and get them fired up, whether it be for "hope" or "change" history shows that if your confident and determined you will get far. I certainly want change in america, do you?

5. Hows that? By sitting with those leaders the "right" calls "the axes of evil"? I will refer to history again where it shows that sitting down with your enemies often defuses the situation. Its better to use diplomacy first before any action. You cannot shut somebody out and call them the enemy without trying to sort it out through diplomacy first.

If your refering the the Iraq war, the military is over stretched and under paid, you should check out the news regard army bases and lack of resources all under the Bush administration that McCain intends to follow. Military has already been weakend. Im disagree with you there.

Now you want to make it off limits to insult somebody's candidate???

Ok, in the spirit of cooperation and unity, I will consider going along with this. You need to first start with people insulting President Bush and Vice President Cheney. Once you convince everybody to stop insulting Bush and Cheney, get back to me, and we will move to the next phase of the verbal disarmament talks.

Oh no I think you clearly misunderstood where im coming from here, I said theres no need to personally insult somebody simply because they support another candidate. I cant stop you or your pro-Bush/Hillary buddies from insulting people but I am making a point here that theres no need for such childish behaviour in this forum and that it doesnt get you anywhere. The arguments with Bush supporters usually come from both sides and these arguments against bush regard real events in which the administration clearly messed up and people have the right to be angry in that case. The garbage your flooding ATS with are personal insults to anybody who disagrees with you, right wing conspiracies/rumors and and other personal attacks on a candidate that isnt really an issue for the election year, only yours.

This isnt middle school so why dont you leave that attitude there and make the forum environment good suitable for adults.

Where did this sudden obsession about being insulted come from??? Now you can't insult somebody's beliefs or values? Ok, I get where you're coming from in theory, but WTH??? How are you going to police this? Just the fact that somebody would support late term abortions is an insult to my beliefs and values.

Seriously, why is there all of a sudden this outbreak of being thin-skinned around here???

In my last comment I stated that I cant stop people from making personal insults but simple making points here about the anti-Obama sentiment that everybody has to be dragged into. Theres no need for childish behaviour now is there? It only takes afew people to grow up and cut out these BS threads inorder for these childish threads to stop. Why is there such a need to insult everybody that disagrees with you?? Ofcourse theres an outbreak of thin-skinned people and its the ones complaining and posting personal insults in these threads like you Jamie. Get over it, really.

Exactly. The Obama supporters who take offense at being asked to just name one policy of Obama's have become very disgruntled because everybody hasn't fallen in step yet.

What the hell are you talking about? You keep on repeating yourself. I just posted Obamas policies in another thread in reply to you. By the looks of all these anti-obama threads coming out and all this complaining about the support his getting maybe you and your McCain buddies are acting disgruntled.

Seriously, I commend your idealism

Yes Jamie, it aint a perfect world so act like a jackass right?

[edit on 2-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Hello Sheeple Obama fan.

I listed several policy issues and things obama accomplished that makes me support him. The fact he went to Harvard law, edited law review, worked as a community organizer, his work on healthcare in illnois and his work in the senate which include securing nuclear weapons, stopping sale of missle launchers and other small arms on the black market, ethics reform, increased government fludity, his work with mccain on a immigration bill.

Let's break down your quote a bit for the facts relative to Obama's perceived accomplisments.

Obama attended Harvard Law

Hillary attended Yale. Most canidates have attended an Ivy League College. What makes Obama's paid trip to the Ivy League different from that of the other canidates?

Edited Harvard Law Review

Don't most Lawyers do this? Obama says "I Was A Professor Of Law" - Lie, you were a senior lecturer ON LEAVE.

In terms of the Havard Law Review, there are 121 Editors! Between 41 and 43 new editors are selected from a second year law class of 560 people every year.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff was also a Harvard Law Editor.

Community Organizer

He was hired by Jerry Kellman, a Chicago organizer, to lead the Developing Communities Project (DCP), which would target African American neighborhoods on Chicago’s South Side by working with African American churches in the area. During Obama’s time as a community organizer, Harold Washington was serving as Chicago’s first black mayor. This was a source of hope and inspiration for Obama and other blacks and progressives in the city.

Is this why Obama kept up with the Real Estate business only to later try and cheat it (His buddy Tony Rezko took the fall)?

British-Iraqi billionaire lent millions of dollars to Barack Obama's fundraiser just weeks before an imprudent land deal that has returned to haunt the presidential contender, an investigation by The Times discloses.

The money transfer raises the question of whether funds from Nadhmi Auchi, one of Britain’s wealthiest men, helped Mr. Obama buy his mock Georgian mansion in Chicago. ...

Obama as a Community Organizer, what did he do for White people??

Securing Nuclear Weapons

Obama says "I Wrote A Tough Nuclear Bill" - Lie, your bill was rejected by your own party for its pandering and lack of all regulation - mainly because of your Nuclear Donor, Exelon, from which David Axelrod came.

Stopping sale of Missile Launchers on Black Market

Please site some factual evidence/content showing where this is true? Where is the proof? How many sales did he stop? How did he do it?

Ethics Reform

Do you mean by Obama not accepting Lobbyist money? Sorry to burst your bubble:

While several of Obama’s fundraisers have recent experience working as lobbyists, at least 10 other big fundraisers hold senior positions in companies that have lobbyists under contract or employed lobbyists in the last few years, according to public records. Obama is lieing to the people about not accepting lobbyist money. He indeed still is, but more indirectly
then before.

Obama and his wife make more than Hillary or McCain. Obama's wife is a Walmart heiress (Treehouse look it up). Millions are millions anyway, it is how you carry yourself that matters.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Hello Sheeple Obama fan.

Regardless of the fitness of your points you completely remove yourself from credibility by beginning with ad hominem attacks.

Though your passion for the subject is understandable your inability to participate in the discussion like an adult is your undoing. You will open NO ONES eyes the the truth you see by attacking them.

Learning to deal with others who disagree with you, no matter how off base they may seem to be, in a respectful manner is the ONLY way to accomplish the goal you have set out for.

I say this not to insult you but to help you. I am sorry but I was unable to make it past your Michael Weiner 'Savage' quote, better luck next time.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Animal]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

excellent post. I feel the same way. It's better to go with someone unknown but with potential. Than someone who has a conspicuous past or ominous plans for the future.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Regardless of the fitness of your points you completely remove yourself from credibility by beginning with ad hominem attacks.

Hmmm .. didn't know my points had some sort of "fitness" ranking.

Of couse you didn't read past the initial quote of the post, that would mean you would be open to discovering facts, those you didn't even have to research because I did.

Though your passion for the subject is understandable your inability to participate in the discussion like an adult is your undoing. You will open NO ONES eyes the the truth you see by attacking them.

Thanks for the lecture Mom. I always wanted to be a good adult. I'll be a good little boy now

[edit on 2-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JPhish
reply to post by WyrdeOne

excellent post. I feel the same way. It's better to go with someone unknown but with potential. Than someone who has a conspicuous past or ominous plans for the future.

Readers of the ATS forums might try stopping by places like NewsWithViews for some alternative news perspectives.

While I agree with one of the posters above (i.e., "None Of The Above").

I did find the following articles interesting:

www.newswithviews.com...

www.newswithviews.com...

www.newswithviews.com...

In any case, I would prefer to support/vote for a candidate with outspoken US 1776 core values (like R. Paul or Chuck Baldwin).

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by southern_Guardian
The majority of these threads attacking Obama and anybody who supports him have been posted by you Jamie; can you get over your personal issues with Obama and get to the real issues? Quit posting this garbage

This is so awesome! You're added to my collection of Obama supporters who DEMAND zero criticism of Barry and his supporters. Thanks!

Just like you called people who disagreed with your views "sheep" and mentally disturbed? disabled?.

Thanks again for providing more examples of how Obama supporters are willing to flat out lie to discredit people who even question Barry O. I never called anybody a "sheep" or "mentally disturbed." In fact, I've never called anybody any names. Nice try.

Oh yes there are plenty of threads bashing Hillary, Myself and others are not going to deny that, but tell me has there ever been a surge of anti-Obama bashing threads at once?

OMFG.... this keeps getting better and better! The whine of the day is now there's a surge of anti-Obama threads all at once? You're kidding, right?

We dont need this kind of attitude here in ATS. If you have an argument about a candidate or somebody political views, you make sure you have actual evidence to back it up and that it matters.

You conjure up the image of a schoolboy on a playground threatening to run home and tell you mommy that the other boys are picking on you and not playing fair. Get over your self-reverent condescension. If you think something doesn't matter just skip over the thread.

If you think that actual evidence is required before posting a thread, why don't you start by policing all the 9/11 conspiracy threads, the ufo threads, the ghosty threads, the illuminati threads, the NWO threads, and even the Bush bashing threads. When you're done making sure all the other thousands of posts here are sufficiently important, and have sufficient evidence, you can come back and work on the Obama threads.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join