It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the wave of Anti-Obama?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I see huge bashing of Obama going on and almost seems as if it's purposefully being done to sway the opinions of those on this board.

It's rather ridiculous but just noticed how there's been such an onslaught, give it a rest and keep it in one thread.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Masisoar

Because there is a core of ultra nationalist, USA or bust people on this site...

That's why...And they're easy to pick...

Remember folks, ultra nationalism lead to Nazi germany...

Surely you don't want that in the US ?

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I wouldn't vote for him because he lacks experience.

I wouldn't vote for Clinton either, because of her history and her illicit connections.

I wouldn't vote for McCain because it seems his plan is to force a police state.

Well, damn...

Lesser of three evils, I'll choose the inexperienced guy.

See how that works?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

hahahahaha

Love that logic Wyrde

Ima gonna use that whenever I vote for the rest of my life !! You name it, local, state or federal...

Wyrde's rule applies !!!!

Peace

EDIT --- Stoopid spelling

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Rilence]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
obama has illicit connections and a shady history as well.
and can someone explain to me what his idea of "change" is,
because he sure has not explained it! if the "change" has to do w taking more of my money to bail out lazy poor people then i want no part of it.
i just can't stand how so many people are gung-ho about a guy they know so little about. why do people demonize the clintons so much? go ahead give me your spin on the fact that bill clinton left office w a 3 trillion surplus. u think obama can do that?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think it started with Obama supporters bashing anybody who didn't support Obama, accusing them of being racists and stoopid.

And asking people why they support Obama isn't bashing him by the way.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It just goes with the territory. This is, afterall, the politics section of the site. Obama is getting the most attention and scrutiny simply because he's considered by most to be the frontrunner.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
You don't like it cos you post ultra nationalist/ultra conservative views here and you get called on it ???!!!!

Pleaaaaasssee *passes you a crate of Kleenex*

Grow the hell up...

Frankly I've seen you post nothing but crap to a site where "alternative" rules...

NOTHING of what you have posted has been "alternative" in any way, shape or form...

Frankly you should be banned from this site for gross infractions against the T&C of this site...

This site is not a political "post what I like site"

Posting of political material on this site SHOULD include either a conspiratorial aspect to it, or something which shows such post to be way beyond the norm

Run of the mill political posts should not be allowed to this board...

Take it to BTS, or off site...

Your choice...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
he seems like A nice guy. every clip i have saw him in on The newS In the uk (where i live duh :p ) he Seemed to be really wanting to change the way america is viewed by the rest of the world. a lot of People consider AmeRica To be a bully and an Opportunist. i've always loVed america because wiThout it i probably wouldn't be tHe pErson i am today. what with all the ameriCan mOViEs, tv shows, music, etc that has influenced me. and by influence i mean, i guess that they helped me Realise what other people are like. and of coUrse my favorite hiP hop artists are alL american. nOt a Lot of black people in scotland. wow i'm creating a wall of complete nonsense....i apologize (wow that word looks strange)

and if you find all the CAPITALIZED letters in my post you will find a humorous fictional tidbit.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by trilateral_insignia]

[edit on 1-6-2008 by trilateral_insignia]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
my opinion is this:

The ATS community is (mostly) of the same political persuasion, one which is not in favor of politics such as Obama's.

In fact the community here is so staunchly in support of ONE political view that it had ALMOST spoiled my interest in being part of this community. But then, what kind of kid would I be if I bailed simply because of peoples political views. In fact nothing makes a more viable, balanced, and healthy set of political views and actions than those forged by contrasting ideals working together.

I would say that ATS is largely LIBERTARIAN / REPUBLICAN

Both are political philosophies that, in today's world I find hard to agree with, but at their core are respectable philosophies.

Obama is not loved by the ATS community for a few reasons. First he is not "one of them", now this is a generalization but one that fits quite a few. Second, Obama is on the progressive path and many progressive ideals and objectives are down right disturbing to both Republicans and Libertarians, the latter more so (Universal Health Care). Third, I think people here are PISSED about Ron Paul being shut out of the process, and rightly so. Though he would never have gotten my vote what kind of democracy denies viable (incredibly so) candidates from participating?

Now this is MHO and is based on my experiences here which also are the product of my particular interests (the threads I read and participate in). I do hope I have not insulted anyone as that was not my intention.

Much Love, Animal

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Why the wave of anti-Obama? Because he's so close to getting the nomination that people are making one last, loud, desperate attempt to stop it happening. It's a all hands on deck, the # is about to hit the fan, let's roll people attitude, based on the fact they've got nothing else (they being McCain/Hillary supporters, pro-right wing neocon media etc).

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

You would be exactly correct. Many of BOTH Democratic candidate's policies are simply abhorrent to the average conservative. This is something that I think that some on the opposite side of the isle simply cannot understand because they're so convinced that liberal ideology is correct. So it seems that in their minds, it MUST be something besides the policies that drives away conservatives. And that's understandable, if perhaps a bit disappointing.

One thing that I can promise everyone is that the knee jerk calls to ban anyone with a particular mindset, be it liberal, conservative or moderate, will simply lead to a forum where everyone nods their heads in agreement, no views are challenged, and where no one ever arrives at the truth because they're too blinded by a common ideology and bad case of group-think.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

So true man, let the debates rage, god knows the USA needs it now. As much as I believe in the progressive values I hold so dear I can see why others feel differently. Although it often rubs me the wrong way what kind of kid would I be to deny another the right to their beliefs. I may try to change your mind, but I will always do my best (DO MY BEST) to respect your mind.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by trilateral_insignia

I guess that's some sort of drunken LOL Code.

[edit on 1/6/08 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Respect is the key and its something that's in short supply on both sides of the political isle these days. I'll willingly admit that I can include myself amongst those who need to show a little more respect to opposing views. We all can from time to time.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Well and consider this as well, I have seen a lot of McCaine bashing and a lot of Hillary bashing too, but yes Obama has been bashed pretty hard and since it IS a conspiracy site, and most people that come here pretty much don't trust the government anyway, let alone any politicians lol, I am thinking that Obama would be the target of choice because you can, logically make more conspiracies out of his past then the others.

People that love to find a conspiracy in anything have so much more to choose from Obama's background in the way of material. Heck just look at all that's been made about his full name alone.

Then throw in the Reverend, his acquaintance the former unrepentant bomber, now this wacky Catholic priest, and his wanting to take away all the nukes and his association to a church that held Lewis Farrakhan up as a hero to be honored and awarded, and I think you have yourself the perfect politician to get bashed on a conspiracy site LOL.

Oh and edited to add, and how could I have forgoten the gay white man who filed a lawsuit against Obama in Illinois who made the youtube video saying that he and Obama had a little crack party before retiring to a hotel room for a little hokey pokey action! That appeared on a thread here on ATS

[edit on 1-6-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence

Because there is a core of ultra nationalist, USA or bust people on this site...

That's why...And they're easy to pick...

Remember folks, ultra nationalism lead to Nazi germany...

Surely you don't want that in the US ?

Frankly you should be banned from this site for gross infractions against the T&C of this site...

Very impressive. Comparing people who you disagree with to Nazis and calling for their banishment from ATS.

Thank you for providing another example of the progressive view that people should be allowed to express their opinions, so long as those opinions agree with yours.

Back on topic, a lot of the pushing back against Obama supporters is just that -a push back against the supporters, not Obama himself. And if you would spend a few minutes perusing the boards, you would find an incredible amount of negative posts about Hillary Clinton.

It doesn't help that Obama supporters are very weak at discussing the issues, but very strong at complaining against perceived slights against their chosen one. A great example is this thread.

Honestly, I can never recall any whiny complaint about why all the Bush bashing or why all the Clinton bashing, or even why all the U.S. bashing. For some reason, maybe because they've led sheltered lives, Obama supporters flip out when somebody says anything about Obama. They begin accusing people of being racists for simply saying they wouldn't vote for Obama.

Finally, I do not accept the characterization that most of the opinions about Obama has been "bashing" of any sort. Most have been well reasoned opinions about why people don't like Obama. Is that bashing?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar
I see huge bashing of Obama going on and almost seems as if it's purposefully being done to sway the opinions of those on this board.

It's rather ridiculous but just noticed how there's been such an onslaught, give it a rest and keep it in one thread.

sorry..can`t keep the truth hidden...we must voice it.

we don`t care what colour or race or creed or religion
the candidates come from.

we want candidates that ACTUALLY SPEAK THROUGH THE PEOPLE.

and so far Obama, as well as
mccain
clinton
and those before him
romney
thompson
guliani DO NOT SPEAK THROUGH THE PEOPLE

RON PAUL DOES

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I agree with animal there regarding the majority political standing of ATS members. I also agree with Vor, LateApexer313 and those members who argue posts bashing McCain and Hillary supporters.

For the most part as I said elsewhere all these Obama bashing threads are personal and these posters are obviously angry that he is so close to becoming the nominee and the likleyhood of that happening. There may be plenty of reasons for why these peope are so angry and so personal on this forum, some of these posters could have been pro Hillary supporters, some of these posters would have preferred the weaker candidate to go up against and others just dont like him because of how different he is. It is this kind attitude and this propaganda garbage that got Bush elected in, twice, and people still wonder how he was elected as POTUS.

I feel it is our duty to make the environment here in ATS suitable for all. Insulting people and their candidate with personal attacks doesnt make this forum look good and it makes other ATS threads less credible or bias. Im not just talking about these attacks towards Obama supporters but Hillary and McCain supporters aswell. I dont like McCain but I am willing to listen to people and their opinions provided the dont insult me for my beliefs and values, Im sure most of you feel the same way here. This attitude got Washington to where is, for goodness sakes people can we just act mature about this race and the candidates?

Most of this issue surround the few disgruntled members here on this forum, honestly now, grow up.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by southern_Guardian]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I don't dislike him but he is, like Hillary, inexperienced, among other things. And of course liberal, so I can't possibly vote for him, or her. I actually met Hillary, back when she was a First Lady getting no where with Congress. She was a good public speaker back then, not strident at all. Her problem is she wants to play with the boys and forget that she is a girl but when the boys play rough she cries that is girl.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join