It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more-cigs: Obama still chewing nicotine to kick habit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

No more-cigs: Obama still chewing nicotine to kick habit

www.nypost.com

May 30, 2008 -- Barack Obama is still chewing regularly on nicotine gum in a long, ongoing struggle to kick his smoking habit, it was revealed yesterday.

Obama's difficult quest to give up cigarettes resurfaced as an issue as his Chicago doctor released a one-page medical report on the candidate.

The doctor declared the Democratic presidential front-runner healthy, fit and trim.

Obama smoked cigs for more than 20 years before making a serious effort to quit in December 2006 as ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Every candidate has to deal with appearances, but give me a break. I don't like Obama more than the majority of you do, but I do think we can cut him a little slack with this one. Remember when this sort of thing was respected?

www.nypost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
i wonder if those nicotine gums will cure his crack habit also ? or even better yet , his wifes racist views.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm in the same boat, I've been trying to quit smoking for a while now.

It's not easy, especially when you're under stress, and I'd imagine running for President is pretty stressful

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
"wonder if those nicotine gums will cure his crack habit also ? or even better yet , his wifes racist views. "

Could you please post a link that verifies that either of these 2 comments are true? If not, I do believe your racism is showing a tad bit, you might want to check your face in the mirror.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by RickinVa]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can't believe it is any relevance if this man smoke cigarettes or not.

Sheez, Clinton smoked weed and used interns for stress relief.

Who cares it he smokes or not???

I don't get it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironman433
i wonder if those nicotine gums will cure his crack habit also ? or even better yet , his wifes racist views.

I cannot find any combination of words to tell you how much that made me laugh.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I don't care if he smokes privately, but the days of the President of the United States running around with a cigarette dangling from his lips are over.

This is not some vast right-wing conspiracy, either.

While there are still plenty of smoker, the numbers of non-smokers are growing and I don't think is bothered more by the smoky environment that ex-smokers. For ex-smokers, it's like having an olfactory sense for the first time and cigarette smoke is a very unpleasant smell that fouls good old fresh air, not to mention the effects of second-hand smoke.

Smokers represent one of the few groups that it's politically correct to ridicule, along with white males, southerners, and hillbillies.

It might not be wholly right, but that's the world we live in and Obama needs to begin to think about the influence he will have on the youth of the nation, if he is elected.

So, while the majority of voters really don't care whether Obama smokes or not, he is after all an adult, most Americans I think would agree that a smoking president is not the image they would prefer in a president.

These days are gone.

[edit on 2008/6/2 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

It might not be wholly right, but that's the world we live in and Obama needs to begin to think about the influence he will have on the youth of the nation, if he is elected.

I would be more concerned about the influence a president would have on the youth of the nation as to whether they may be drafted and have to go fight in a war where they may or may not make it home.

This is a much more important issue for the youth than smoking cigarettes.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
There is no greater privilege than to serve in the cause of freedom.

Dying of self-inflicted disease is pointless.

Fighting and even dying for the freedom of our fellows and those not yet born is priceless.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
And what exactly do you see as freedom?

top topics

join