It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modernize the applicant society

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Ppl need to be able to make a simple audio/visual DVD recording to one national standard for any body that deals with ppl having to fill out an application and/or do an interview. Ppl can always update their DVD when they need to. You should be able to have produced as many copies you need/want of the original so that you can send them out as you need or want to any place requiring an ap to be filled out and/or an interview to be done.

Visual/audio resume is what I call it. Who should be required by law to accept these should be all:

1. Employers
2. Appartments

Can you imagine how better it would be if we knock the old style of in-person interviews? Can you imagine only having to dress up good once for one interview that can be sent to however many employers as you please? Can you imagine not having to get an appointment for an interview at a time you prolly couldnt make on time anyway? Hell, can you imagine not having to come get and fill out all those applications when job hunting?!

To make it better for ppl the employers who wont hire you should be required to send back the DVD to a return address with a letter of why exaclty they aren't considering hiring you at the moment.

What do you think about this?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While I understand the point you are trying to make, I honestly don't like the idea. Part of the interview process is actually meeting someone face to face and seeing what their personality is like and whether they can answer questions under pressure and "on the fly". That's why they interview you instead of hiring you based off your application/resume. I highly doubt any serious employer would even consider hiring someone who couldn't be bothered to show up on time for an interview and just sent in a dvd of themselves being "interviewed".

new topics

join