It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Vanishing Mystery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Another strange vanishing!

Disappearance of glacial river stuns B.C. hikers

Wow interesting,

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jan, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Some more strange Vanishings!

KUCHING: The body of a man buried in an earth plot weeks before Christmas Day has apparently vanished mysteriously.

The deceased, a Sabahan married to a local, was originally laid to rest at the Roman Catholic burial ground near Kampung Bratan in Penrissen after his sudden death recently.

here has been no clear explanation as to how the remains suddenly disappeared because the coffin and its cover were still intact, although there has been speculation that his body could have been exhumed shortly after burial and taken back to Sabah by his relatives.

However, this theory is unsupported because moving the body, either by land or air, would have required official documentation.

Moreover, the burial ground is visible from the road and any attempt to exhume the body would have been noticed.
The Borneo Post

I find this one interesting and think will do a thread on it after some more research

The Stonehenge Disappearance

The mysterious standing stones of Stonehenge in England was the site of an amazing disappearance in August, 1971. At this time Stonehenge was not yet protected from the public, and on this particular night, a group of "hippies" decided to pitch tents in the center of the circle and spend the night. They built a campfire, lit several joints of pot and sat around smoking and signing. Their campout was abruptly interrupted at about 2 a.m. by a severe thunder storm that quickly blew in over Salisbury Plain. Bright bolts of lightning crashed down on the area, striking area trees and even the standing stones themselves. Two witnesses, a farmer and a policeman, said that the stones of the ancient monument lit up with an eerie blue light that was so intense that they had to avert their eyes. They heard screams from the campers and the two witnesses rushed to the scene expecting to find injured - or even dead - campers. To their surprise, they found no one. All that remained within the circle of stones were several smoldering tent pegs and the drowned remains of a campfire. The hippies themselves were gone without a trace.

One of the most unexplainable to me is the following:

The 1956 B-47 disappearance occurred on March 10 over the Mediterranean Sea. Four B-47 Stratojets took off from MacDill Air Force Base in Florida for a non-stop flight to Ben Guerir Air Base, Morocco[1] and completed their first aerial refueling without incident. After descending through solid cloud to begin their second refueling, at 14,000 ft, the Boeing B-47E-95-BW Stratojet (SN: 52-534)[1], manned by Captain Robert H. Hodgin (31, commander), Captain Gordon M. Insley (32, observer), and 2nd Lt. Ronald L. Kurtz (22, pilot) failed to make contact with its tanker.[2]

The unarmed aircraft was carrying two capsules of nuclear weapons material in carrying cases (a nuclear detonation was not possible).[3]

Despite an extensive search, no debris was ever found, and the crash site has never been located.[4]

As nuclear material was on the planes it is very concerning.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

I've just found a site I bumped into regarding mysterious disappearances whilst searching for one I'd heard about on ATS quite recently, regarding groups of people who just vanish in American or Canadian national parks, sometimes with clothing they were wearing in neat piles on the ground.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, I'd ove to find it again.

The difference between the one I was searching for and the one below, and many posted here, which was really remarkable, was that there were witnesses, even better, were the ones dating way back in the past.

I like this one, were they saved perhaps, was it an alien abduction en mass ????

4. The Norfolk Regiment

Three soldiers claimed to be witnesses to the bizarre disappearance of an entire battalion in 1915. They finally came forward with the strange story 50 years after the infamous Gallipoli campaign of WWI. The three members of a New Zealand field company said they watched from a clear vantage point as a battalion of the Royal Norfolk Regiment marched up a hillside in Suvla Bay, Turkey. The hill was shrouded in a low-lying cloud that the English soldiers marched straight into without hesitation. They never came out. After the last of the battalion had entered the cloud, it slowly lifted off the hillside to join other clouds in the sky. When the war was over, figuring the battalion had been captured and held prisoner, the British government demanded that Turkey return them. The Turks insisted, however, that it had neither captured nor made contact with these English soldiers.

listverse.com...

Edit. I just found the site I was looking for, i had forgotten that as well as the vanishings, some bodies had been found to, of very young children miles away over difficult terrain, they seem to think it would have been impossible for the child to have got there by themselves, and I guess by this, they mean there were no roads for them to have been abducted via... Otherwise they would have had a possible answer.
Anyway, worth a read

edit on 24/7/2012 by solitudeandme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by solitudeandme
The Norfolk Regiment
Three soldiers claimed to be witnesses to the bizarre disappearance of an entire battalion in 1915. They finally came forward with the strange story 50 years after the infamous Gallipoli campaign of WWI. The three members of a New Zealand field company said they watched from a clear vantage point as a battalion of the Royal Norfolk Regiment marched up a hillside in Suvla Bay, Turkey. The hill was shrouded in a low-lying cloud that the English soldiers marched straight into without hesitation. They never came out.

This was just one of MANY political cover-ups. According to a war diary from the event, they foolishly walked into a horrible position and got massacred.

All of history is simply one huge LIE.

See:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join