It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Free Masonary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I was suprised to find out that there were black free masons. My previous conception was all wrong.

I found a great page here: www.africanlodge459.org...

But I can not find a lodge in New Mexico. Would anyone care to educate me about black masonry and locations of lodges? Ironically, I'm a mod of this forum, as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
ever heard of Prince Hall Freemason? Black freemasons, say they are the originals.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hi ktprktpr,

I am not absolutely positive on this, but as far as I was aware there are no race or religion specific lodges anywhere in the world. This is for a number of reasons, namely that religion and race have no part whatsoever in Freemasonry.

Now, as I am sure you can imagine, an African lodge is likely to only have black men in it, but that certainly would not exclude a white man (or any other race) from applying to the lodge, and then joining.

I hold a reasonably high rank in London, and have been to many lodges which are made up of a massive cross section of ages, races & religions. None of these, I hasten to add, have any impact at all on your progression through freemasonry.

Prince Hall Masonry I believe is expressly for black members, and that is why it is not officially recognised by the Grand Lodge of England. The ONLY thing that can prohibit either joining or progressing through a lodge is what is on the inside rather than the colour of your skin or your specific book of worship.

Hope this helps,

Ben

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here is a link to the Grand Lodge of New Mexico. They may well have more info you are looking for......

nmmasons.org...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
ktprktpr,

Here is a link that will more readily explain Prince Hall Masonry (Black Freemasonry, African Lodges). Hope this helps:

Prince Hall

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
Prince Hall Masonry I believe is expressly for black members, and that is why it is not officially recognised by the Grand Lodge of England. The ONLY thing that can prohibit either joining or progressing through a lodge is what is on the inside rather than the colour of your skin or your specific book of worship.

Hope this helps,

Ben

I think your wrong about this one. Prince hall was founded in England becuase the Masons in America were racist. So Prince hall wnet over to england to become a mason.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
DaTruth,

Yep, you're right on that one. They are recognised by the GLE, though there are remarkably few PH lodges in London. I have never met one though, or even had a member attend our 'regular' english lodge meetings.

Cheers,

Ben

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   
NM

[Edited on 9-3-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by benjj
DaTruth,

Yep, you're right on that one. They are recognised by the GLE, though there are remarkably few PH lodges in London. I have never met one though, or even had a member attend our 'regular' english lodge meetings.

Cheers,

Ben

The only reason I know that is because I went to school in Tuskegee, Alabama and they basically run the whole town. The founder of Tuskegee , Booker T Washington was also a PH Mason

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   

[edit on 16-9-2004 by Tamahu]

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You can look just about anywhere in the world and find lodges of Free and Accepted Masons. Africa and Asia have literally thousands of lodges.

About the only place you can't find masonry is in the Middle East where it was banned for being "too Jewish".

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
one of the "qualifications for being a Mason is being "free born" unfortunatly this was not true for all black men. So the "black lodge" was formed, the same in all respects save that one. Now there is no need for 2 different lodges in the US and it has been mentioned that all US lodges will merge.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Just a note:

Nowadays you will find minorities in "mainstream" Lodges, as well as caucasians in Prince Hall Lodges. There are no racial qualifications in either system.
The Grand Lodge of the District of Columbia currently has as a Grand Lodge Officer an African-American Brother. This Brother will make history in a few years by becoming the first black Grand Master of a mainstream Grand Lodge in the U.S.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tamahu
Interesting; as this^^^ pertains to some things that I've been told by a Mason who is well versed in the knowledge and degrees of the Nation of Islam(among other things).

Nobody mentioned the Boule, of which many N.O.I. and N.G.E. members refer to as "house negroes" or Uncle Toms(because that's what they are
).

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Tamahu]

I don't take anything the N.O.I say's to heart because they teach a perverse version of Islam.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   

When you make an honest attempt at becoming well versed in the exoteric AND esoteric aspects of the Sunni, Shi'yah, Moorish Science, N.O.I. and the Sufis(and how they all relate); then come tell what the N.O.I. does regarding Islam.

I once saw Rev. Farrakhan being interviewed on "Meet The Press" by Tim Russert, where the N.O.I. leader claimed that white folks were concocted by ancient black scientists in a lab.
Sorry to dissent, but this has nothing to do with the teachings of the Prophet, peace be upon him. Not only do the N.O.I. teach highly suspect doctrines such as these, but its leaders, including Elijah Muhammed himself, have been implicated in the murder of Malcolm X.
As for Sufism, it is my belief that it is one of the purest bodies of divinity in the world today, and I would hate to see it profaned by the N.O.I.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Yes there are some questionable things about Farrakhan; but even HE would never say that " 'white people' were created in a lab ".

Farrakhan was very upfront in making this claim on national TV (Russert's "Meet The Press"). I'm sure transscriptions are available.
I ran quick Google search on it, and got a lot of returns. Here's one of them:
www.adl.org...

J. Edgar Hoover's(a Mason) Cointelpro is more suspect than Elijah Muhammad(who was also a Mason).

I was not aware that Muhammed was a Mason. I did, however, know that Hoover was a Mason, a fact I'm not particularly proud of.
It is my understanding that Mrs. Shabazz herself had implicated the Nation of Islam in her husband's death. Am I incorrect?

Well Sufism is part of the basis of the NOI; but let me guess; you fully understand the esoteric aspects of the NOI(and Sufism) too right?

I doubt that I fully understand anything. As for NOI, I only know what I've heard from their own leaders, and am not particularly impressed. I am not an expert on Sufism, but have studied the subject (actually, the 25 of Scottish Rite Masonry is based on Sufism). It is my belief that Sufism and the Kabbalah share common origins, and that the Prophet Muhammed was well versed in these docrines. It seems to me that the Holy Qu'ran veils the Sufist doctrine behind exoteric religion much like the Hebrew Tanakh does Kabbalism, and the New Testament the doctrines of the Gnostics.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join