It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Church of Progress

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So give us a specific example. Show us this perfidy in all its glory,

Not all science is wrong, it simply adjusts as new data comes in.

Science says water is composed of two atoms of hydrogen and one of Oxgyen - I suspect that isn't wrong and it not going to change...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hello.

I'm posting here anonymously as I tend to be a lurker and simply l;ooking at the back and forth between posters----

But I gotta respond to this----

Hansler---

Yous sound like one of those people that say "If X is not exactly just like Y, then it cannot be accepted."

The guy gave you "evidence" you want to split hairs. He may not provide evidence that may be to your liking, but at least he is throwing points to ponder out there.

Oh yes---

So because religion has pushed stuff down people's throuats for millenia---which it absolutely has---then when science does the same thing it is ok?

Just thinking.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
One obvious example is how all researchers have been denied permission to investigate the Hall of Records even though they have proven it is there.

As for "atoms" of course they will eventually be found not to really exist as scientists thought they did if mankind is not wiped out before that level of development is reached.

At the highest level of science it is discovered that all is vibration
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Hollywood11]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hollywood11
It's a movement also of atheistic dogma and atheistic religous belief.

Hi, I myself am an athiest and I was wondering what dogma and religious beliefs your talking about. I personally have neither hanging over my head.
You're kinda coming off as one of those religious zealots that hands out fliers in front of a mission.
Science uses observation and experimentation to gain knowledge. Religion on the other hand, is like a 3 year old who's answer to every question is, "Because". God did not create man, Man created god!
There's more evidence to back up the existence of Spiderman than there is god.
What's so bad about progress anyway? Do you have something against people attaining a higher standard of living?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join