It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TS has HTF...a question, what would you do?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Exactly my point. You are given to the guard and care of something more valuable than anything else on the planet. Fools that will risk the lives and safety of their families based on some antiquated methodology will do exactly that.

The new zombies will be the crackheads, the crankster gangsters and the street gangs, and they have had quite some time to perfect the methods they use to cozy up to their victims.

In the old days there was a saying. Anytime you find a bag of cash, a bag of dope, or a half naked chick that unattended......Your about to get hit. Translate that to anyone who appears from nowhere and pulls your heartstrings, and you have the new method they use.

Its hard because you would like to help folks but its your families survival at stake.

In a sit X of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Illahee

My sentiments exactly illahee. Your first obligation is to your family and the group. Extra manpower would be nice, but not at the costs of my family's safety.

In a SitX scenario, I'd think the last thing you want are a lot of unknown variables to deal with. You have to sleep sometime, and if you're not careful you may never wake up..

[edit on 6/3/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You people *KNOW* these forums are being monitored. Why do you even answer questions like these with specifics?

NEVER, EVER give away your plans (or lack thereof), never give away your preparedness (or lack thereof). If you truly believe that a TSHTF scenario is going to happen soon, you would not say anything about what you may or may not do/say/go. Don't give the enemy free information.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

What specific information has anyone gave out on this thread?

Believe me, If the government wants to know more about you, they'll simply cross-reference your name to the thousands of database they already have at their disposal.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Who is the enemy?

I am an American. I was born here and I will die here. I will put on a uniform and helmet and march with the others toward the front should our great land be attacked, yes even in my advanced age. It matters not to me if its old age or the protection of our land.

People like me are why we speak English here, not German, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, or Italian. And no we won't be speaking Arabic either.

We are discussing, when things are well out of control and no one coming to assist. Beyond all outside help and left to ourselves.

This is a far different topic than what some people here have as intentions.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Interesting scenario. Sadly, normal "family unit" will not be able to just drive up to or just stumble upon our retreat. Its a day and a half hike from any traversable roads through some hardcore mountain areas. That being said, IF, by some grace of god and a whole lotta luck, someone found us, i would, in no way allow them in. I would have to know they were sent to infiltrate, and/or give up our position and supplies/gear.

Our group is a very tight knit one. I would give my life for any of my buddies or their families and i know they would do the same. The wives have nicknamed us "The Wrecking Crew".

I would suggest you take up hunting, fishing, hiking, survivalisting(that a word?) and get you some friends that do the same. The more time you spend together, the more you learn about each other. Faults, Skills (sometimes grooming habits)
You will know who you can depend on and they will know the same of you.

In a summary, dont be the Have Nots, Be a Have!!!!

Silver

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow, thank you all very much for your replies!!!
Brilliant responses

Me personally if i was already in my retreat, i would like to allow them in.
once Mr & Mrs have-not are contained.....
They would be advised that- a conditional period is required before they are entitled to full group facilities, they are feed / clothed and any wounds treated right away, a nights rest, and such.

Safety in numbers etc, they could well be used for unskilled labour, for a while general day to day duties, maybe try them out for a while.

But now comes the crunch:

Consider this, angle if you will. In the situation ive described the have-nots are not in a life or death struggle. They have, in my scenario, a month's worth of food. They want a place to live, for which they are willing to trade "unskilled" labour.

One assumes if they came up to the retreat in their vehicle that says roads are open, people are still moving, petrol is available. In such a scenario, a comfortable looking place that hasn't made it impossible for people to get close is going to see a LOT of people looking for just what they are looking for.

So lets assume they are the...fifth? tenth? twentieth? family asking the same thing.
If roads are blocked you won't get through either. If they are open - you will be one in a great long line of refugees - with, in my scenario, precious little to offer.

It becomes a very moral dilema..dosent it!

It really is something that ive often wondered about, and feel that any "group" in operation at this time should SERIOUSLY think about this type of scenario, the do's and donts, the outcomes and the what-ifs????

Cheers all for your very well recieved replies

SPYMASTER

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If the "have nots" have any skills, we might be able to work something out. If they are complete and total useless morons.....well.....lets just say that their supplies would quickly be added to my own.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by bismarcksea]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
As prepped with all the men outsiders are treated as a threat and are dealt with properly.

They are monitored by the scouts. Of course they will never find the retreat the only visible road near the retreat veers away from it. The secret road that travels to the retreat passes through a canyon. The secret road is flanked by the steep canyon walls which are easily defendable. That is neither here nor there with this problem.

You get to the scouts position. Its the dead of night the 'outsiders' are camped not far away they are sitting around a camp fire. You suppress a chuckle, fools giving away their position like that.

You issue the orders, we will wait till they are asleep before we butcher them, the men flash grins in the moonlight.

Slowly you and the men descend towards the lone tent. There is no sentry they are all sound asleep. The killing is done quickly but messily. Everyone is killed straight away except for the father, the babe and the youngling. You slowly carve out the fathers still beating heart and pass it to your son. He turned 12 not to long ago and this is his ceremony of passing on to man hood.

"Eat it my son, you will gain his strength."

Damien eats every last piece of the heart under your watchful eye. You affectionately pat him on the head, the true practices will be kept steadfast in this one. The men casually go about lopping the heads of the bodies. The heads will be put up on spikes along the perimeter of your land to ward of any drifters. This lot must of come in from the west because 13 heads are already on display to the south.

The women will be happy many luxury items were found on the outsiders. You reward your son by giving him a chocolate bar found on one of the dead girls.

The youngling and the babe will be assimilated into the collective.

[edit on 4-6-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Personally, i'd let them in.

That's not to say i would be giving them an easy time of it though - first off i'd be most likely to follow a criminal proceeding, except this would be "Guilty until proven innocent".

I'd be more than happy to let them help out in return for shelter, but the fact is i would not be willing to let more than one person run willy-milly around the compound without prior considerations being met.

Although, i have a way of dealing with this problem quite easily, and it involves using un-armed Guards.

These fellows will be in charge of stopping fights, maintaining a communication network between the administrative body and the newly-welcomed survivors, and generally making sure no one runs off without making others aware of it first.

At best, i'd have a 12-hour wait period, whereby the survivors are lead into a holding area and provided with food and water, while at the same time taking them out one by one to check out the story.

Obviously, those who had already been processed would be asked to vouch for the honest intentions of my group, if only to stop fear and insecurity spreading through the other survivors.

Sooner or later though, someone will slip the net and be on his merry way - whether to some nefarious empire-builder or simply in order to be alone, it will happen.

At which point, it's time to pack up camp and move on - something that would have to happen eventually anyway due to the nature of the rioters.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Of course, the chances of me being in a group where i'm in a position to discuss command decisions are really quite slim.

I expect to be alone for quite a long time.

Perhaps i might approach an enclave at one point, but it would only be because i needed something that i could barter for.

That would, of course, be after waiting for someone else to approach the enclave so i can see how they respond to outsiders.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join