It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire rages at Universal Studios.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Fire rages at Universal Studios.

news.sky.com

Hundreds of firefighters are tackling a blaze which is tearing through Universal Studios in Los Angeles.

The fire has destroyed or severely damaged several buildings as well as the movie set theme park's King Kong exhibit.

The exhibit is a stop on the studio's tram tour where the giant ape bellows at passengers and artificial banana scent fills the area.

(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This breaking news at the moment.

Lets hope they get this under control soon, it's terrible when a piece of history goes up in smoke like this.

No cause determined yet, one explosion was heard but it did'nt say whether or not that was before the fire or during.

CX.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 1/6/08 by CX]

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
The manager of the studios just said on Sky News that they had replicas of everything destroyed, so by the sounds of it, it could have been a lot worse.

Just a few minor injuries so far too. Thats good, and suprising when you see the size of the fire on the news.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Let it burn . Heck let all the studios burn ..
Theres been like 4 good movies this year and they were all festival films. or low budget .. I think its time for the little studios to get some attention .

But thats just my 2c

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

I'm with ya as long as no one gets hurt.

I haven't been to a theater in years because of the garbage that has been released.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Since when is a story like this breaking ALTERNATIVE news ??

I thought alternative was the heart and soul of this place

Honestly, some of the crap posted here lately really is a waste of bandwidth and storage and so on...The misuse of this forum, to post perfectly mainstream news items without any alternative bent to them needs to stop now...As does the posting of political threads unless they have an alternative or conspiratorial aspect to them...

Tighten up the criteria for a story to be considered alternative enough to be posted here...

And move all political threads which dont have an alternative or conspiratorial bent to them to BTS...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

Yeah i dont want people to get hurt.. Just maybe a bit more attention to the guys that still make movies for the love of the story/movie itself . Not the profit.

There was great horror(ish) type flick shown this week called . Signal www.imdb.com...
That was better than allot of movies made in the past few years and it didnt even get shown in theaters.. (btw i'm not associated with this film)

Maybe i'm just a rare fan of the little guy . lol .
But too many good low budget flicks are going unnoticed and too many crap movies are being touted as "gold" when there just the same regurgitation of 80's 70's or even 60's movies..

meh /rant

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

Yeah, gotta agree with you. Honestly, I've been guilty of posting non-conspiratorial news in the alt breaking news forum too.

Here's the skinny from the ppl that make the rules, every new member should read this so we can keep the forums tidy.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

Thanks Tuebor

We can read this stuff in the paper or elsewhere on the web...

Peace

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Back on topic please

This is discussion of the fire, not what is or is not BAN.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by d11_m_na_c05

just downloaded he .torrent the other night, I'll be sure to watch The Signal now that it has been recommended by a fellow ATS member.

AS far as the fire, I hope the TV sets like Desperate Housewives gets real crispy.! No loss there

According to some reports , the fire is under control now.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
FIRE... the unforgiving element, I hope nobody gets hurt, or nothing irreplaceable is destroyed,

I agree there has been nothing but crap come from the big movie companies recently, I have to admit im looking forward to the remake of THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL in December, but thats about it.

Sad thing about the remake is Keanu reeves is Klatu but ohhhhh weeellll.

CX

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Apologies for the misplaced thread.

I put it there because there are many reasons for a fire, especialy at an establishment that has major rivals.

I wanted to get the story onto ATS fast, but did'nt want to start shouting conspiracy until more facts emerged.

No big deal anyway, thanks for moving the thread elevatedone.

CX.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Unbelievable! I am shocked and amazed, I grew up in the Film Industry, in that area, and went many times to the old location.

I am really perturbed at the insults thrown on the first several posts.

I am getting more and more disgusted with the mentality here in general.

This is our shared history, and if you cant find decent movies then Frisian READ, or better yet try and WRITE something worthy.

Some of the most incredible, talented, creative people have had their start working there. It has been a great place to go visit and always will be.

Lets hope that they can get it under control, and that no more people and or property is hurt or damaged.

new topics

top topics

join