It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At First Most People Liked Obama...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   
At first most people liked Obama.

Then his supporters started to remind people of teenage girls infatuated with their first boyfriend, arguing with their parents about dating the new kid in town...

"Daddy, what do you mean you don't like Barry? It's because he's black, isn't it!! (tears welling up now) Well that's not fair!!! It's just not fair!!"
Phone rings.

"Hey sweetie... this is Barry.... (at drugstore perusing the condom aisle)... are we still on for tonight?"

"Barry.... I'm so upset... my Daddy doesn't like you.... I... I.... Think it's because you're black.."

"Of course it's because I'm black... what else could it be?? I'm a great guy... you know that... um.... wait a sec... (checking his pockets for a joint) I mean this is just the way it is with people like your dad.... it's really not his fault... he's just bitter about having to get up and go to work everyday to make his mortgage payments.... he clings to his religion.... he automatically doesn't like people who aren't like him...."

"Oh Barry.... you're soooo smart..... you must have got straight A's in school, didn't you???"

"Well sweetie... you can't go to Harvard without getting smart and knowing how the world works..."

"But what about my old boyfriend, Frank... he's says he's going to beat you up if come over..."

"That's ok, sweetie... I'll just sit down with him and discuss the issues.. I'll explain to him that he's just harboring resentment over a black man moving in on what he thinks is rightfully his... what he thinks he's entitled to..."

"Oh Barry.... you're such a good talker..... you make my leg tingle when I hear you talk..."

"That is the change you've been waiting for, Sweetie...."

"But what about my father... and mother... they're still not very happy about you.... you know how angry, middle-class white people can be...."

"It's ok Sweetie.... they're the ones who kept you from being happy all along... things are different now, you'll see.... you are finally coming into your own... becoming your own woman.... you have hope for the future now... now's the time to change everything.... This is the change you've been waiting for! (paying for condoms)

"Oh Barry..... you're so special... (sigh) are you sure we can do this?"

"Sí, se puede, baby... So are we on for tonight?"

"I trust you... Pick me up at 8... I'll be waiting.... "

The only question now is how will Obama supporters feel about themselves in the morning.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

"

Okay, this one made me laugh. Its a good metaphor, very good, I give you credit.

You say, 'infatuated at first", well, what if he is THAT good? Nobody really knows yet, but what else of a choice we got left. We have that really old moderately conservitive old guy (how can you be moderate, either you are or your not!?!), or that women whose husband was already president (you just can't have enough!)... I mean

They are all eligable canidates that could lead our country, just you have to pick the best of them. They all have strengths and weaknesses, and Obama's pros outweight everybody elses cons, even though I admit, he does have some.

I havn't fallen into the media trap of Obamamania. I had to make sure of this first, then only last week, I just onboard. I mean, you have to pick the best of three.

How bad can they all be?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacemaker33

Originally posted by jamie83

"

Okay, this one made me laugh. Its a good metaphor, very good, I give you credit.

Thanks! I thought it was funny... a way to lighten things up a little bit. I mean c'mon, when you have a news anchor saying that Obama makes his leg tingle, I mean that type of material doesn't come around very often.

I actually think the metaphor is pretty accurate. Obama has so much support from "virgin" voters who have nothing to compare him to. They probably don't realize that in 2000 Bush positioned himself almost identically to the way Obama has positioned himself now -as an outsider coming to Washington to unite everybody.

I think we'll learn a lot about Obama when he picks the VP. If he picks Hillary it means he's "one of them" and sold his soul to the devil. If he picks a moderate with foreign policy experience, then maybe he's for real.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Exactly! Many of Obama supporters are new, fresh into college kids wanting their freedom. Obama gave them what they wanted.

They were not old enough to remeber the Gore-Bush election. (Wow! what a election!). I don't think Obama will pick Hilliary for VP. She has destroyed his camp the most, and she would be called a foolish hypocrite for joing up with him and the destruction and hype she caused.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacemaker33

Exactly! Many of Obama supporters are new, fresh into college kids wanting their freedom. Obama gave them what they wanted.

They were not old enough to remeber the Gore-Bush election. (Wow! what a election!). I don't think Obama will pick Hilliary for VP. She has destroyed his camp the most, and she would be called a foolish hypocrite for joing up with him and the destruction and hype she caused.

I was just thinking about Florida in 2000 the other day. By chance, I was in West Palm Beach on business the week of the election. I was there at the voting place watching them through the window count the hanging chad ballots.

That was quite and experience. A older woman shared by table and had a hot dog with me on night. She was a Dem, and claimed the Dems tried to stuff the ballot boxes by punching stacks of ballots with a metal pin of some sort. She said that's why the chads were hanging, and that's why Buchanan got so many unexpected votes -because they screwed up punching the stacks of ballots.

I don't know if her story was true, but I was contacted by a lawyer from the RNC and another dude who claimed he was FBI. Who knows what really happened??

I just wonder what will happen to this generation if BO wins and doesn't keep his promises. Another generation of disillusioned voters who don't respect themselves in the morning I imagine.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Will you give this Obama stuff up already ???

Take it to BTS where it belongs...

Sheesh...

(waits for GOP flavoured mod to dock me point, etc...)

Did it ever occur to you that many of us could care less about the result of the US prez election...

Take your crap to a political board for fS...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rilence

The description of this forum is "The discussion of politicians and politically active public figures." I think my thread fits this description.

It would be easy for me to drop to your level and say if you don't like it just skip over and STFU. But I won't go there. I personally think this thread is funny. So why not lighten up a bit.

Maybe you should apply to be a Mod or something?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rilence
Will you give this Obama stuff up already ???

Take it to BTS where it belongs...

Sheesh...

(waits for GOP flavoured mod to dock me point, etc...)

Did it ever occur to you that many of us could care less about the result of the US prez election...

Take your crap to a political board for fS...

Geeezzz, you must of had a bad day if you went all out of way to say how bad the US presidential elections were. I could totally spaz out on you like I did to this one kids once... But I am feeling generous today.

Why should we care? Why? Why? Why? Because it will affect what type of agenda we will have. Every if you believe in the NWO or anything, the president does have his agenda, a good or bad.

All three canidates are fit to run to be president, but I dislike some of their agendas...

Geeezzz, I just hope you learn to be nicer.

top topics

join