It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I Only Like Obama Cuz He's Black - What's Wrong With That

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Obama is does not deserve to win just cause hes black and if he doesnt its racist and it was rigged so he wouldnt win

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I will be honest. I am an Obama supporter precisely because of his lack of experience with washington politics. I want someone in office who is unaware of how to play washington politics. Naivitee can be a virtue when the current paradigm in american politics has f#**ed this country up so badly. I want someone that doesn't understand that you have to play ball with lobbyists and power mongers. I want someone that doesn't know any better. I want the corrupt system of political raketeering broken. Maybe Barak Obama will do this. It's not a certaintity, but it's the best chance we have had in recent decades.

And on a side note no one says that you can't bring up race and spouses etc. but if you are going to sink to that level expect to feel the heat from people that expect a more mature debate with regards to the issues. Obama detractors actually complaining that Obama supporters hit back when they say idiotic things about him being hitler or a muslim yada yada. If you can't handle the retaliation then don't say dumb things. It's ironic that Obama detractors bring up irrational bs and then cry foul when they are taken to task for it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur

I dont think so!
I like my SUV. i love my big screen TV, i like the food i eat, and i wont change for anyone, and you can bet your liberal patoot that if Obama is elected and he does try to limit what Americans can use, not only will he be the first Black president, but he'll also be the first IMPEACHED black president.

If the rest of the world doesnt like our consumption - tough. They'll get over it.

Ah, the true root of our horrible world view, and their horrible view of the US. I bet you use a fully auto assault rifle to hunt partridge too.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

Your ignorant. Who votes for someone because of their skin color in 08? But I guess we all have our reasons why we vote for somone.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

Why are you making it a Race issue? Im sick of people doing this crap. If your black all you are doing is drawing more negative attention to yourselves. There are black people that haven't voted ever in their life and are only registering to vote because a black man is running. That sounds racist to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

No, actually i hunt more worthy game with less powerful, and more primitive weapons (yay bowhunting)

And the reason i say all these things about the U.S. and the rest of the world is

When you're on top, everyone hates you.

You can't please everyone, so you should just please those that appreciate what you do for them. Go america. Go consume, go save your money, go invest your money, go buy a new car and fill it full of gasoline.

Don't be fear mongered into living in seclusion so people like John Edwards and Barack Obama can get richer off your tax dollars.

Go read my new campaign for a brigher america, its in this very forum, entitled

"A real american campaign: never vote liberal"

its a good read.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

I'm sorry, however I can not stand it anymore. Where were you educated in the history of the U.S.A? First some of our great-grand parents were "slaves" I had a grand parent who suffered under "Share cropping" which was work on some ones elses land for free(sounds like a slave to me). This country is really not that old. Second, for you to say "they sold their own into slavery so what so bad" . So you are telling me that Africans piled Africans into ships and sailed across the Atlantic to these shores and sold their people to the "white man" c'mon, for real?? There were those who were brided, bought, or fool into doing the dirty work in the inner parts of Africa, however when the well went dry better believe their were in the bottom of the cargo hold too.

Please educate yourself before spouting something you have no clue about.

Thank you very much!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Soldier Of Darkness

Well, im not scared of being labeled a racist,,,,cause well...I am a racist, I support division of races, not integration and multiculturalism.

I'll be labeled an even bigger racist just because my skin is white though...

So, wait....you believe that race riots are caused because black people are...predisposed to rioting? Are you retarded?
I'll put it this way. Picture an empty world. There is 1 black baby, 1 white baby. Somehow, they live to adulthood. You believe that there are inherent differences in race that cannot be explained via social terms, or via the unwitting enforcement of what is known as 'institutional racism'. You believe that, just because of skin color, the black person will be more violent than the white person?
Can you explain to me how you make this work in your head?
Because it doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Well I don't really know for sure if he can dunk it and I wouldn't be surprised if he could, but you are missing the point.
We are suppose to vote for the person we feel is most qualified and last I checked, Black is not a qualification.
OK, the fact that he has no experience with WaPo is OK with me to some degree BUT there in lies the gamble. This same inexperience can be detrimental especially if he plans on meeting with the leaders of rouge nations. They will chew him up and spit him out because of his inexperience just like Khrushchev did to Kennedy.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

I see it more like this:

When you're on top, you're more likely to be an **SNIP**, and thus, more people hate you. And yes, with regards to foreign policy, we're a bunch of **SNIP** and everyone knows it except for our landlocked citizenship.

BTW, I think that more consumption makes for a fat and selfish population. I think you agree. I just think we have different ideas on whether that's a good or a bad thing.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by Crakeur]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Whatever dude.....

Jordan would still make an awesome President. All of the worlds conflicts would be solved with a game of 1 on 1 and we'd all be in great health because Wheaties would be the official breakfast of the USA.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ybab hsur
reply to post by tyranny22

Bush was not a war president when he was elected either. In fact, if you'll allow your liberalism to be set aside for a moment, and remember his presidency before 9/11, and even a few years after, was at record highs.

But nah, that didnt happen in liberal land. They dont keep written records there, its all spread by word of mouth and cave drawings.

Obama doesnt seem to be a war president, thats correct.
How many dictators, and how many terrorist leaders do you think will exploit that? How many terrorist attacks does this country have to endure before people like YOU finally say "enough is enough, my heart no longer bleeds for terrorist criminals!!!!"

Obama may not be a man in the sense that he'll stand up for his family, his church, his loved ones, or even his own convictions, but atleast he's black, right?
Any person who votes for Barack Obama is either racist, or trying to appease their own guilty conscience.

If you're the latter, i have two things to say:

1.) You probably use the racial slur for black people all the time
or
2.) If you dont do #1, then you have nothing to feel guilty for. So stop acting like it.

I counted your responses to people just since my post and there are THREE (the only three you've posted since mine) in which you call people liberal or say something derogatory about liberals. I think I smell a troll.

For your record, I'm a conservative. If you had paid attention to anything I said in my original post, you would know this. But, I guess you were too busy trolling, (i.e.: calling me a racist) to notice. Get a life. Seriously.

I guess you meant his Approval Rating was at record highs before he decided to point the finger at an innocent country and invade. I'm sure it was. But, he's enjoyed being the most despised president in history since.

Liberal Land, huh? uummmm, OK.

About the terrorism - Let's take a look at the terrorist attacks on America that have occured in the past 20 years:

1993: Feb. 26, New York City: WTC - carried out by a former CIA operative.
1995: April 19, Oklahoma City: Federal Building - carried out by a former U.S. Army soldier
2000: Oct. 12, Aden, Yemen: carried out by extremist thought to have ties with Osama bin Landen or Al Qaeda
2001: Sept. 11, New York City, Arlington, Va., and Shanksville, Pa.: carried out by extremist thought to have ties with Osama bin Laden or Al Qaeda

Are we seeing a pattern here? It's well know that the CIA funded the mujahideen (which included bin Laden) that fought off the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. And there's been much speculation that bin Laden himself was a former CIA operative.

And we look at some of the events that have sparked wars in the past, such as the Gulf of Tonkin incident, which was TOTALLY fabricated by our own government to draw us into Vietnam ... why would I "trust" the next terror attack would be the genuine article carried out by actual Islamic Extremists?

You can call me liberal or racist if you want ... but it really doesn't help your case at all ... if anything it hurts your creditability and your "conservative" views. Frankly, I shun any "conservative" who supports a liberal like McCain.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by tyranny22]

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I dig Obama just because he is black. Change is good.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Being the President is a 24/7 job.
If Obama gets elected he'll be in at 8 and out at 5, never working a minute over just like almost every Black person I've ever worked with.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by atlscribe

Originally posted by Alxandro

The fact that he is a son of an African Black is pretty sad.
This also says quite a bit about American Blacks.

And yes, the influx of illegals is also sad, but at least they don't beg for money in every street corner. Not in their culture.

They just high jump over borders, and deprive true Americans of work right?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hamstrung2

and i dig plums because they're purple

which is also the color my face turns when peole won't open their eyes

Look - Liberal of conservative, whatever

I use "liberal" beacuse if a grouping of ideologies can be categorized and placed into a GENERAL package, for ease of use, then you would call idea #1 conservatism

and ideal #2 liberal

this is so that discussions don't go on forever. You use "liberal" instead of "we're a group of people who stand for the preservation fo trees, abortion rights, and no more capital punishment"

that'd be the G.O.P.W.S.P.T.A.R.N.M.C.P.

thats a mouthful - so - we as a political society, label "liberal" and "conservative"

thats the funny thing about people who agree with liberal ideologies

they say "dont call me a liberal!!!!!!!" why? Because being labeled a liberal is the new "being labeled a racist"

they are one in the same (but that is just my opinion)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by atlscribe

Originally posted by jamie83
I have a great idea.... all the candidates can just throw away their position papers and get rid of all those complicated issues on their web sites and have the same slogan....

"Trust Me Because I Look Like You"

Eminently preferable to a "Don't Trust The Other Guy Because He Doesn't Look Like You" slogan, wouldn't you say?

Don't see the problem with those voters counterbalancing the voters who are opposed to seeing anyone who isn't white in the White House.

Um... no.... it's the EXACT same thing. And more importantly, there's nobody out there who's saying "Don't trust the other guy because he doesn't look like you." Who specifically, other than the stereotypes you hold in your head, are opposing anybody who's not white to be in the White House? Heck, most Republicans I know wanted to see Condi Rice run instead of McCain.

Stereotypes? There are many people who hold anti-Obama sentiments all predicated on his "race". Check FOX News who cannot mention Obama without using his race or origins as a focal point. No stereotypes here.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Obama can't hide his lying eyes with regard to his racism.

I thought he was more "white than black" though?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

That's funny, I was in this morning at 6:30 and I'll probably leave at about the 6:30 tonight. And, if they call me tonight, I'll be right there if needed, like I was yesterday (Sunday) at 4:30am.

But hey, I'm only half black (Just like Obama
)

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ybab hsur

Not every "liberal" supports gun restrictions, abortion rights or environmentalism. Just as not every "conservative" is for limited spending.

Your views are narrow-minded and restricted. It's beyond me how you, of all people, can call anyone else a racist when your ideas of people with different ideologies are so limited.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join