It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I Only Like Obama Cuz He's Black - What's Wrong With That

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

OK, but ask any light skinned black man if he's considered black by others. Ask a multiracial individual if people can identify the Irish in him, or the German. But give them 2 seconds and they can identify the black. First impressions and all.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

You totally missed the point....wooosh right over your head. Ofcourse he is technically african american but not in the sense that is implied, in the context that he implies and his lackeys imply is that he is a man that has shared the African American experience, when that is not true, he has had the pleasure of travelling over seas and living in a multi cultural environment like Hawaii, he has had an almost white bread up bringing since he was a young child and is seemingly now resenting his white heritage and pandering to the black community....he is A FRAUD!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

You are so right!

Thank you for saying the TRUTH !

I've witness the very things that you speak of.

This country is so full of REVERSE racisism that it isn't even funny anymore.

When I go shopping every month for food for myself and my husband with a measly 72.00 a month food stamps and I see black people crowding the isles with their baskets overloaded with food from THEIR food stamps it makes me angry and I also ask myself where is the justice in this country?

We are
an elderly couple existing on this amount of food a month!
It's just disgraceful the differance that is made !

Sorry to say there is no justice anymore in this country.

The whites in the USA have been conditioned to slowly let this country be taken over by blacks and if Obama is elected it will be the worst thing that has ever happened to and for many american people.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MagicaRose]

It is a shame that you have to bear witness to such injustice. We not only live in a country where whites have been conditioned to be repressed by other races, but in a country that supports people who do not...will not...work but instead choose to create more babies than they can care for and then expect the rest of us to hand them everything.

This is hard for me, as my sister, only a year ago, had a spinal cord injury that left her unable to walk and cognitively impaired. Before her accident, she was working 60 hours a week AND attending graduate school full time. She always paid her taxes and never asked anybody for a dime. Now, she's fighting to keep the disability that she's had for 2 months (after waiting a year to get it...and even then they gave her only 2 months back pay!), and last week she gets a letter saying that she makes twice the amount necessary to receive food stamps or Medicaid. I was so upset for her that I cried. All these years she's paid taxes and now she is truly disabled and there aren't any funds for her because the lines at the social service office are loaded with dead beats who are fully capable of working and have 5 or 6 brats running all over the place out of control and just sit around with their hands stretched out bitching about being repressed by the white man.

This is a horrid cycle and there is no way to break it. Children are having children and taxpayers are going broke paying for them. It seems to me that in order to get services a person would have to be deemed physically or mentally disabled. Otherwise each person should have to put into the funds what is given out to them. Imagine if those people knew they would have to pay it all back!!

And the scary thing is that nobody is going to do a damned thing about it. Our system needs serious repair, and soon!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

In Modern America? Yes he would be called Black and thats Racist.
Thats part of what started the whole stupid one drop rule. If we were in Brazil, the Carribean, Africa, etc. People would see the man as multiracial, but not here.

I have experienced that kind of racism first hand. I have a multiracial ancestry with Semitic physically dominant traits. I never really noticed anything when I was in the military, but as soon as I get home ( I live in the South) in a post 9-11 world, people here discriminate against people who look remotely middle eastern. I have a niece who has been called the N word numerous times , because of her Creole physical traits, by rednecks. She doesn't consider herself black, but she takes extreme offense to the N word.

This simply shows that America needs to change, dividing ourselves and discriminating like this is moronic. I have seen some figures where most "blacks" in the US are 25% white. I have seen other figures where many "whites" have Native American ancestors. Yet we argue over racial issues, we arn't even homogenous racially. Its hypocritical and irrational.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
this thread i think tends to hi-light the reasons i wouldnt vote for Obama for pres. and that is it creates a racial divide.

Obama for president shouldnt be about the colour of his skin it should be about WHO IS THE BEST PERSON TO LEAD THE COUNTRY !!!!

with a worsening economy, foreign relations at an all time low, wars in the middle east, record unemployment, i think hes alittle niave to lead the country, with a little seasoning as Vice President he could become a very good president in the future, however alot of people in the US need to grow up and stop seeing things in terms of Black/White underneath we are all a reddish pink

couple that with the fact that he is unable to handle any personal critisism and he becomes a very poor choice for one of the most critisised jobs on the planet.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Demandred
Obama for president shouldnt be about the colour of his skin it should be about WHO IS THE BEST PERSON TO LEAD THE COUNTRY !!!!

Even if some people can't handle it and it reveals the existing racial divide? Because these feelings we're seeing expressed aren't "new". They didn't just come about because Obama is running for president. They've been there for hundreds of years. It's just now, we're REALLY talking about them. And that is good, IMO.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by lucien

My GF's uncle not too long ago got his head beat in by a couple of Illegal imigrants because he refused to give them his wallet(got it on video tape from a gas station), now his balance is so off he can't get his license back and isn't allowed to work construction and that is all he knows how to do and he is being refused disability coverage because quote "insufficient proof". BTW is an older petite asian man. Meanwhile a black co worker of hers simply complained that her job was too stressful being as she has a kid so not only does she get welfare for the kid she gets mandatory time off of like a week a month, I don't know how she pulled it off but my gf has access to every ones salary and this lady makes 52k a year yet she gets public funding and special time off and they are only giving her the case loads from one paralegal to work on while my gf has caseloads from 3 paralegals and she makes 42k a year. Oh they get special treatment, no doubt.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The people that gave the OP a star should be deeply ashamed of themselves. And I would bet my last dollar that you gave them a star. You and your logic are appalling.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Rasobasi,

OK, but ask any light skinned black man if he's considered black by others.

I used to buy into this stuff until one night at work I was shocked out of my senses ..stunned was more like it by one of my co workers.
He told me that one of the women with whom he was very much in love ...her mother did not like him because he was to dark. I was stunned about this. I had never heard such a thing. I was taught that black was black. I never knew or thought about any other concept.

Then some years later I learned what was meant by the term red boned. Again I was stupified in what I was hearing. Who was more skin oriented??

Some folks just cannot get over skin colour. I weary of hearing it being so promoted as a default setting. Like this computer ..it just tends to default through. What is worse and becomeing obvious to me is that many groups are socially preying on this pattern of default settings to promote thier causes at the expense of others. This cycle is become a cottage industry for many in this country. People are begining to weary of it and speak out against it.

I am no longer in this type of naivety. I have long since left this type of thinking behind me. I treat people as I would want to be treated...but I dont have much use for the kind of thinking proposed by the OP here.
However ...if they want to use that criterion...black... as a reason to vote for a candidate ..it is not up to me. I just expect more from a candidate than the colour of their skin.

It is obvious to me that the OP has little tolerance for dissenting opinions while expecting tolerance from others. This is not a good pattern or fingerprint to promote a belief system...even a political belief system. Not tolerating dissenting opinions to the point of foul language or violating the T&C also hints at a type of entitlement mentality...ie...a default setting to play through unquestioned or undebated. I point this out as a way of saying that it reflects on this partys political fingerprint...and that thinking people can notice this and connect the dots...right to the entitlement beliefs.

Demandred makes an excellent point here.

couple that with the fact that he is unable to handle any personal critisism and he becomes a very poor choice for one of the most critisised jobs on the planet.

It is indeed one of the most criticized offices on the planet. If all one can fall back on is Race Victimization ..it is not going to cut it in this office. Nor is Sex Victimization.

I too think that Obama is alot of show...or showmanship. We have already had a number of such Presidents.
I am also wondering if like Bill and Hillary...we are not getting two for the price of one. Who or Whom are we really voting for here. This is just how I think.
I am also thinking to myself if this is the new template for the office of President of the United States in the years to come?? We are or will be also voting for thier wives??? Or in the case of Hillary and Bill for her husband??

Will there be more throwing of stuff around the White House during domestic bliss. This ground too was already covered by previous administrations.
On this same subject..will there be a total shake up of the secret service?? Again???

Conversely..MY opinion of the other candidate is that Bill is way to big a liability to enter the White House as a First Male. I dont see this happening.
Conversely...will we acually be voting for him if we vote for Hillary?? See what I mean?? Again ..here ..shake up of the Secret Service?? This fingerprint will be very telling of much. Watch closely for this one....
Are any of you connecting the dots yet??

As to the Republican Candidate...I am not impressed at all with McCain. Once again we seem to be at the same impass with poor choices all around.

You know...one would think that as many times as there have been Presidents..we would at least by pure accident, get even one candidate which is clearly leaps and bounds above and beyond the others in candidate potential. But it doesnt seem to happen. Dont you folks see this as strange??

Some random thoughts here for all to muse upon,
Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
White people who believe they shouldn't have to apologize for being white need to look in the mirror and try to figure out how they can become colorblind. Likewise, black people with chips on their shoulder because of something that didn't directly happen to them also need this therapy.

Having said that, IF you are white and honestly believe that black people don't fall victim to racial profiling are incredible fortunate to never have received such treatment. As one poster stated, "the system isn't perfect" so one white person may have his/her way while another may not. Same with black people. I also find it quite ironic that this is primarily a black/white thing. I have seen legitimate mexican people painted with the same brush. In a country that prides itself in being a melting pot I don't see much tolerance of other races.

Barack Obama is a black man whether he is one hundred percent black or not. If he's not black it's a muslim thing. If the US of A was as tolerant as they advertise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Ultimately, you can't change your shoes so, white people, don't have the arrogance to act like your know in your heart what it's like to be black because you never will and vice verse. The grass is always greener until you jump the fence and land in mud.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
reply to post by lucien

My GF's uncle not too long ago got his head beat in by a couple of Illegal imigrants because he refused to give them his wallet(got it on video tape from a gas station), now his balance is so off he can't get his license back and isn't allowed to work construction and that is all he knows how to do and he is being refused disability coverage because quote "insufficient proof". BTW is an older petite asian man. Meanwhile a black co worker of hers simply complained that her job was too stressful being as she has a kid so not only does she get welfare for the kid she gets mandatory time off of like a week a month, I don't know how she pulled it off but my gf has access to every ones salary and this lady makes 52k a year yet she gets public funding and special time off and they are only giving her the case loads from one paralegal to work on while my gf has caseloads from 3 paralegals and she makes 42k a year. Oh they get special treatment, no doubt.

I hope your GF's uncle is able to get the services he needs. I know it's been a battle, literally, for my sister. There is so much injustice that I am both angry and sad.

My hope is that those of us on this forum who have been posting, and feel the same way about this will in some way come together and have our voices heard on a larger scale.

Of course, god forbid a group of white people gather in one place without being labeled racists! It really isn't about race to anyone but mostly blacks. For me it's about equality and what is fair and just. I could care less what anybody's skin color is but I'm sick of hearing all this whining about blacks and slavery. Notice they don't respond when we mention that our ancestors, the Irish, Scots, English, and others were slaves as well? They ignore it. They are no better than the rest of us and should not receive better treatment because of the color of their skin.

Maybe we should form the "white" party. Imagine how that would go over

Think Obama would join the "white" party

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by modusoperandi

I am not sure what to say to you modus.. other than I do NOT have to apologize for being white.

I will NEVER say I am sorry to anyone for the color of my skin.

It is absurd and downright disgusting to say that white people should have to say they are sorry for being white!

As if I had any choice in what color I am. Or anyone has a choice in what color they are.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
This is my first post, so please bare with me. I have read ATS for a while and this thread caught my eye the most and made me sign up. To the OP I would say it is wrong to vote for someone only because they are black or white or mexican or whatever else.

I am 22, black and I am in school, not on loans and not on scholarship. What is wrong with black people supporting Obama though, if he shares the same ideals as Hillary? If they are both the same candidate just in different wrapping, what is the arguement that Hillary should be the nominee over Obama? I am doing this off the top of my head, so i will bring up I guess the main points that stand out, or just stuff I would like to add to this discussion.

Black people only make up 14% of the total US population according to US census. So even if they all voted for Obama, he is obviously bringing in other groups of people. Unlike the other ethnic groups that have come over the course of history, black people, white people, and native americans are the only ones who have been here from the start.

So i dont know if its so bad for black people to be glad to see someone in a high political position. Its not so much i want to sit around if there is a white guy elected or that a white person should sit out if Obama is elected. I think America is based on systems and the many systems work to keep the one big system operating as it has. But its hard to strive for more if you don't ever see your people achieving. If him and hillary have the exact policy as someone suggested than black people would argue Obama is just as qualified on the basis he has the exact same plan.

What about the women voting for Hillary just because she is a woman and the people voting for McCain because he is a former soldier.

I am gonna post my thoughts about the whole black people and slavery thing in my next post. We all know that both parties work to accomplish the same overall goal so not wanting obama or hillary bcuz of big government concerns when we have a big government already.

Oh yeah....why does Obama being Muslim come up so much, have we as a nation become so polarized that the fact he is Muslim is enough to assume he wants to blow up the country? Or he is a sleeper because his preacher said some things you don't agree with? If you consider the fact the Rev was in the military doesnt that mean he has more love for his country than those who don't join up. Did he join the military so that he could destroy us from the inside.

Maybe after seeing enough leaders killed drugged or jailed and never seeing anyone except rappers and athletes having a chance to be viewed as successful, maybe the fact Obama has a real chance was finally the thing that made Michele Obama feel proud. She was proud because her husband was getting a fair shot to run for president. Something a black person would not believe possible based on hillary's favorite word "experience".

I agree you have to support your country but does that mean that evrything it does is okay. Does the Rev saying bad things about america invalidate anything good he ever did or said about the country.

What if the very next sermon he said he loves america and what it is trying to become. Maybe killing 100k people is overkill when we lost 3k plus the 4k troops now dead. Like we are killing alot of folks over there. You wanna talk about an attack what if 140k iraq soldiers were walking around your street looking for anti-iraq extremist?

Maybe if the govt talked more about what they were still doing there?

What exactly is the point where security is good enough, what if no one dies for 3 months and then we leave and someone blows up 2000 people, do we go back, do we stay indefinitely because someone might do this. Like I don't know certain things don't add up, and when u factor in how much money goes out there whats the issue with spending money on your domestic needs as well.

Running outta room and sorry i was all over the place but lets keep it going.

Mode Edit...for spacing..

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MemoryShock]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
sry guys just wanted to delete this post and didnt know how

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Blkguy4mUCR]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think I have it!

Bear with me while I try to explain this.

Obama has been a member of a church that has "preached" hate america rhetoric to him for 20+ years.

Now, to most of us, this is a bad thing.

But consider this.

He gets in office.. and he looks at all the other countries who hate America. His foreign policy could look something like this....

"Ok, so you all hate us. Well, we hate us too! And if you all hate us and we hate us.. that means you like us! The enemy of my enemy is my friend.. right?"

......... so twisted and convulated that.. eh.. it is almost malkavian in it's simplicity.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheeper
The people that gave the OP a star should be deeply ashamed of themselves. And I would bet my last dollar that you gave them a star.

LOL You are so funny!
I didn't remember if I had starred this thread or not. The only way I could find out was to try it and see if it added another star. So I did, and it did! LOL Too bad I didn't make a bet with you. Darn!

I think the fact that people are being accused of voting for Obama just because he's black is something that needs to be talked about. I think it's something that happens. I think some people are voting for Hillary because she's a woman and for McCain because he's a war vet or the only white man running! LOL It's THEIR choice.

This is a free country and if people want to vote for someone because they're handsome, can sing, is "cool" or is black, OR white, then they get to spend their one vote for whomever they wish FOR WHATEVER REASON! This is America!

Originally posted by Blkguy4mUCR
This is my first post, so please bare with me.

Great post,
but please format paragraphs so they're easier to read.
Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

I am going to take it from your username that you may only be a tender 14 years old, so I will be as gentle as I can. Your statement ' I only like Obama because he is black', shows ignorance. Hopefully when you are old enough to vote, you will have matured enough to realize that this is not any reason to vote for someone to run our country. Matters of our welfare, and the welfare of many other countries are handles by our President, this country is unlike any other, and it takes more than a man's skin color to do it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

I am going to take it from your username that you may only be a tender 14 years old, so I will be as gentle as I can. Your statement ' I only like Obama because he is black', shows ignorance. Hopefully when you are old enough to vote, you will have matured enough to realize that this is not any reason to vote for someone to run our country. Matters of our welfare, and the welfare of many other countries are decided by our President, this country is unlike any other, the color of the person's skin doing it has nothing at all to do with the president's choices, it takes a great mind, a tolerant mind, and goals for all, not just for any one race or group.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by modusoperandi
White people who believe they shouldn't have to apologize for being white need to look in the mirror and try to figure out how they can become colorblind.

I'm soooo sorry for being white! I'm sooo sorry my parents had me, what a fool I am, how can you ever forgive me?.....You realize how racist you are now? You should apologize for being such a ignorant racist. And to Blackguy4...whatever, so because of the past, bla bla bla, that logic is twiste, I'm going to go march into egypt and demand a seat as president because they once had white people as slaves and let the race bating fly with pure immunity. Foolish fool being a fool!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Ok, sorry, the check is in the mail.
But still I think anyone that can agree with the OP needs a head examination.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join