It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I Only Like Obama Cuz He's Black - What's Wrong With That

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnmike

No need.
www.cnn.com...

It's been done, with very few ripples created. No mass protest, and no charges of racism.......

The point was made.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Wow, some of these responses show how amazing closed minded and stupid( the inability to learn), well I guess those two things go hand in hand. With me I have lost most faith in this government run by the corporations. It is come down to a process of illimination, McCain is a continuation of what has brought this country to an economic recession, eroded our freedoms, has put us into a war that made no sense ( but for greed) and has lost billions of dollars and weapons. Hillary has shown that she will lie, spin and throw anyone under the bus to further her agenda. Even if it meens to separate our country ( more Bush stuff). She has shown that you can't trust her. Much like Bush she flip-flops and lies about it, NAFTA, voting with Bush to go to war... Now Obama, he is a politician, strike one. He has shown to be able to unite, especially with the ones that are coming up in age that will eventually run this country. Other countries look favorably upon him, even the ones that really don't like us. This will go along way to fixing some of these problems instead of the closed minded ways of Bush and McCain. If Israel can sit down and talk with Syria, then talking with your enemies is not bad. like Bush talking to North Korea. Simply put it will be status quo with McCain and Hillary, Obama offers the most reasonable chance of making any difference in this country.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
ok im going to get flamed for this, obama is part african.
not part african american. i really do not think he can relate to the average african american. he was raised by his white grandparents, he did not even meet his father til he was 18. his father was from africa.
so all the african americans that are voting for him because he is black, i say obama is more white. i just dont think he was exposed to black culture during his youth. does that have anything to do w his ability to run the country? no! i have nothing against his upbringing or mixed race, it just bothers me that so many people use his blackness as a reason to vote for him, in my opinion jesse jackson could relate to african americans more, but he would never get elected. bring on the flames!!!!

i know i am not being pc, but that is part of the problem. people are afraid to speak there mind for fear of being racist. i am not racist, i would not vote for or against anyone because of race. i am hispanic and if a hispanic were running for president even if he was raised by white people i would vote for him based on other things not his race!!!
lets forget about race, age, and sex and vote for the the best candidate period!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
not part african american. i really do not think he can relate to the average african american. he was raised by his white grandparents, he did not even meet his father til he was 18. his father was from africa.

Hmmm... Raised by a single mother, then by his grandparents. Didn't meet his father 'till he was 18. Unfortunately, that sounds a lot like many black people today.

so all the african americans that are voting for him because he is black, i say obama is more white. i just dont think he was exposed to black culture during his youth.

But he was the only black person in white culture. Actually, he grew up in Hawaii among various races, including Asian and Pacific Island. So, in effect, he grew up in a fairly accepting culture, and still fell victim to racism because of his skin color.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
we are living in a society where black people are allowed to segregate themselves i.e.; Black television channels (BET), Black Colleges, Black Churches, Black magazines (Ebony), Black clothing (F.U.B.U., For us By us) ect, ect. And a society where it's whites are the ones discriminated against i.e.; Afirmative Action, Black Funding and ofcourse all those segregated things I mentioned where the general rule of thumb is black only.

It's racist people like the OP that are holding this country back. We need to be all treated fairly and it should not be acceptable to hide behind color. Giving Black people an edge based on race is racism!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'm going to limit my 'feeding of the troll' by answering his questions simply.

"Yes I only like Obama Cuz he's Black - What's Wrong With That?"

Because if it is is the ONLY reason you can think of to vote for someone you're limiting your participation in the democratic process to the point of losing all value.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I dont like him because he's got big ears.
That's my shallow self talking now.

I actually have lost faith in all government, so it doesnt matter to me who gets the coveted title.

I dont want to know anything about the candidates, i can only hope and pray that those that are voting will make the wisest choice if there is a wise choice.

I want Bush OUT. That's my main concern. I want to hear that he's packing and on his way to Paraguay to raise pigs.

I agree while I really don't think he will do anything different than any other politician that has or will be in office I hope I am wrong but I am pretty sure I am not..

If someone would get in office and give the country back to the people where it belongs I wouldn't care if they were freakin purple but i don't see it happening..

I am with DGtempe on this I have lost all faith in government and politics

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Can someone show me where Obama grew up "poor" and "black"?

All I can find is that he grew up in a middle class family.

Let's see he is born in 1961 in Hawaii, not exactly a racist state. Nothing like the Southern US. His mother is a middle class White American. His father a foreign student from Kenya. By 1963 his mother and father were separated.

His mother then met and married another foreign student, Indonesian, Lolo Soetero and moved to Indonesia in 1967.

He later returned to Hawaii and lived with his White Grandparents till 1979, when he graduated high school.

Wow, just wow. Are people really that blind to his past.

He did not experience what many African Americans experienced in the mainland, especially the Southern US. It would not be until he was a grown man and in Chicago in the 1980s he would see and experience first hand what its like to be Black in America.

To compare this man to Dr. King is an insult to Dr. King. Dr. King lived and breathed the experience of what its like to be Black in America. He endured hardships and suffering that Mr. Obama can only imagine.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Paolo
This is strange, I just don't get black people that complain and always bring up the slavery.
Look at jews, I don't see them bring up the holocast every time someone's disagrees with them or they don't call them anti-simetic. I don't see them either hate germans for that and remind them every day of what have happened long ago. I don't see Soviets hating Germans and calling them nazis for what have happened. But black people always compaling and will always bring up the slavery and stuff that happened. do you see what I am trying to say?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

I'm surprised this whole thread hasn't been censored. If I had posted something against Obama in a thread, because he was Black and not White, I'd have been labelled a racist and thrown off. Tit for tat. Hypocrisy of the highest order.

You are a Racist. As my decades of art exploration and theosophy reconciliation have shown me, in the REAL Reality you are either Black, White, Red, Yellow or Brown, or your Human- YOU CAN'T BE BOTH. And you prove my theosophy. You prove my art. You are a Black Racist while I and my other moderators who vote policy not personality are HUMAN RACISTS.

You are another reason I will not vote Obama and may not vote Democrat this year. I still have to see the platforms. Right now McCain's is too nebulous and vague. But with your swupport I may not give the Democrats a fair shot.

Black Racist.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Hilary Clinton is a thief and liar:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Well, he is black, and he grew up that way as far as I can tell. However, Michael Jackson grew up poor and black and is now rich and white, so anything is possible.

And can you tell me where anyone said he grew up poor?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

You are so right!

Thank you for saying the TRUTH !

I've witness the very things that you speak of.

This country is so full of REVERSE racisism that it isn't even funny anymore.

When I go shopping every month for food for myself and my husband with a measly 72.00 a month food stamps and I see black people crowding the isles with their baskets overloaded with food from THEIR food stamps it makes me angry and I also ask myself where is the justice in this country?

We are
an elderly couple existing on this amount of food a month!
It's just disgraceful the differance that is made !

Sorry to say there is no justice anymore in this country.

The whites in the USA have been conditioned to slowly let this country be taken over by blacks and if Obama is elected it will be the worst thing that has ever happened to and for many american people.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Part of Denying Ignorance is putting race aside. That is one of the first steps to a higher state of being.

With that said, voting based on race is totally ignorant.

If Ron Paul was black, maybe I would be happy about this.

Anyway, the blackness of Obama shouldn't matter, he is just another NWO CFR thug, just like McBush, just like Billary.

If you think he is going to save the plight of the black man, think again, it will be more of the same, as our country is diluted into the one world police state, and North American Union.

The U.S.A will cease to exist within the next few years no matter who is elected.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by obamafan14

Nothing if you're racist. I'll bet you that if I told you that I was voting for McCain because he is white and not a woman that I would be called racist and sexist. Turnaround is fair play. Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Your thread title and text of the message you present do not gel, so you're either being disingenuous OR you're just fishing for replies, eh not impressed. Your title says, "Yes I Only Like Obama Cuz He's Black - What's Wrong With That?"

Well lots.

But then you say that his blackness is only ONE of the reasons you like him. So which is it?

A person's race invariably effects--to some degree--others' perceptions, whether they'll admit it or not. It should not the only reason; that is insipid and racist.

It would be analogous for someone to claim, "I simply do not like Obama because he is black." Or, "I don't like Mccain because he is a white man;" or an old man." "I would never vote for a woman..." The sentiments are the opposite of what the OP expresses, but the reasoning is exactly the same.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose

When I go shopping every month for food for myself and my husband with a measly 72.00 a month food stamps and I see black people crowding the isles with their baskets overloaded with food from THEIR food stamps it makes me angry and I also ask myself where is the justice in this country?

And this is what scares me most. Aside from the probability that the black people MagicaRose is talking about had children, and therefor received more federal aid, Rose seems to be blaming black people for the insufficient aid that she's receiving rather than the government that is taking money from the Medicare, Medicaid, veterans benefits and other necessary programs to fund war, provide subsidies to 'friendly' corporations, and give billions to companies like Haliburton.

Blame Haliburton? no. Blame the Administration that is 'giving up golfing' while prolonging this war? no. Blame the poor black family that is trying just as hard as she is to survive.

That's why we need to change things.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
not part african american.

Obama is part African. I have read that his mother's heritage is Irish. And he is certainly an American. So, he's multicultural.

But there's no doubt that he's African American.

I am going to remind everyone that being "African American" doesn't necessarily mean you were born in the 'hood, were poor, never knew your father and listened to rap music all your life. All it means is that you live in the US and have African heritage. There are very wealthy African Americans as well as poor. It doesn't mean they are somehow "removed" from being "African American".

I'm just saying...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

It was in the original post.

A black man from his lower middle class background will be the president most in touch with the suffering and needs of the poor.

From what I could see, he grew up with a White mother, African father for Two years, then an Indonesian step father for awhile and then White Grandparents. The whole time he was either in Hawaii or Indonesia. 1961-1979, or 18 years. From my point of view he is Multiracial, not Black.
Many places in Africa would call him Mestico.

The whole irrational belief in the US of being partially African makes you black is racist. It was an idea that sprang up after the US Civil War, called the One Drop Rule, created by Racist Whites in the South. Meaning one drop of African and you are instantly black. It was used in segregation and discrimination. Under that idea, Almost all Creoles or those of Creole ancestry would be considered black.

Personally I think multiracial should be an option on legal documents. It used to be till the 1930s, until the One Drop racists finally had it expunged. The very concept of multiracial is all inclusive. Picking one ethnic ancestry over another is inheritantly racist in my view.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

what i say to them Fu## them.

Still not keeping watch over that mouth of yours.

:shk:

Obama can help bring whites and blacks together.

Mr. Unity is a racist. He can't bring anyone together.

Funny thing about rev writght and the others is that they are NOT Obama, he has denounced them,

No he didn't. THIS IS HIS EXACT QUOTE as printed in the newspaper this morning -

"I'm not denouncing the church and I'm not interested inpeople who want me to denounce the church. "(the new pastor) and the church have been suffering from the attention my campaign has focused on them."

That's NOT denouncing the church or what's going on. That's denouncing Americans who see that 'church' for what it is ... a racist cesspool.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I'm convinced that people aren't reading the op. He grew up black and experienced first hand what prejudice and exclusion due to racism felt like.

Who? The author of this thread? Where'd you get that info??
Or do you mean Obama? I'm confused on this.

Originally posted by loam
I see LITTLE DIFFERENCE in the ascension to power of these two men... Different men, same play-book. ... Hell, even the 'uniter' rhetoric is the same.

Loam ... you are 100% on the money! Absolutely the same.
Same package but with a different color bow on top.
Bush thought God told him to invade Iraq.
Obama wants people to think he's a divine savior of the world.
Same rhetoric. Same same same.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join