It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes I Only Like Obama Cuz He's Black - What's Wrong With That

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A lot of anti-Obama people claim that Obama is popular solely because of white You know what i say to them *SnIP*them. You know why because yes i do like Obama because he is black. A black man from his lower middle class background will be the president most in touch with the suffering and needs of the poor. The election of a black president will motivate the black community to make changes that it desperately needs to make. Its a lot harder to motivate terrorists around the world when a black guy is the face of the U.S. I can't imagine a effigy of Obama being burnt in Baghdad. Obama is the ONLY black in the senate. If he is elected no more blacks in the senate. Im sorry you have to be extremely intelligent to be the only person of any color to do something. Obama can help bring whites and blacks together. Obama was not born into a rich family he made his own way his story is inspiring. I like obama for his polices (nuclear proferation, ethics reform, illnois health care, stopping sale of weapons,) his skin color is ONE of the reasons I like him. Also I'm sorry after slavery, jim crow, segregation, rodney king, katrina I am rooting to see the first black president. I think its only natural to root for the first black guy with a shot at the presidency. It is certainly much better than being bitter and rooting against the guy and slandering his name by claiming all his supporters are guilty whites and only black people vote for him

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by Gools]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 2/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

Are you one of those people who screams foul when people bring up Obama's connection to Rev. Wright, Bishop Pfleger and Otis Moss? Or when we go "WTH?!" when he says our flag is oppressive to some lands and our national anthem is a song he cant get behind? Or when we look at his wife and her "this is the first time I have been proud to be an American" talk?

OK...

If he is elected no more blacks in the senate

Are you dizty? Obama is not the first black person in senate and he will not be the last. Here is a list for you.

Hiram Revels was the first black senator, he represented Mississippi in 1870 and 1871 during Reconstruction.

Blanche K. Bruce (also of Mississippi) was elected to the senate in 1875, he served until 1881 and was the first African-American to serve a full term in the United States Senate.

Edward Brooke represented Massachusetts from 1967 to 1979.

Carol Mosely-Braun became the first black woman to join the senate, serving for Illinois from 1993 to 1999.

You think having a black man in office will stop terrorists??

I think you are wrong. Maybe if he is the closet Muslim some say he is.. and if he is.. we all be screwed then.

You think it takes a black president to motivate the black people of this country to change their situations?

Nice

Let me say this then...

If Obama gets in office, I will be forced to sit on my arse, collect welfare and do nothing with my life because I am not motivated by the black president.. being that I am white and all.

Sounds rather... stupid doesnt it???

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by obamafan14
You know why because yes i do like Obama because he is black.

I think that's something that's going to be hard for people to understand. I have tried to explain it before - but it falls on deaf ears. Of course.
But I'll explain my take on it again, here.

Being a woman, I have hit the "glass ceiling" in the workplace. I have worked twice as hard as the men in my group for 2/3 of the pay. I have been condescended to, heard "little-lady" and been asked if it's "that time of the month" because I disagreed with a man in my job. I know what it's like to be in a company which has an overall mindset that women are just a bit "lesser" than men, no matter what "front" they put on the corporation.

SO... if a woman were to become CEO of that company, I would be THRILLED! Not because of her specific sex organs, but because she might treat men and women more equally in the workplace and maybe even put a few processes in place that equalized salary and influence between the women and men of the company... women's needs might be given more consideration than they had in the past... There may be more equality.

If I had felt the same discrimination in all of life as I did in the workplace and a woman was running for president, I might vote for her. Especially if I agreed with her politics. And not JUST because of her genitalia, but because being a woman, she might have my interests at heart.

And that's what I think people are afraid of. Barack Obama might have the interests of black people as an agenda and that scares some people TO DEATH. He might be interested in putting some policies in place to help black people to be treated more equally in this country.

My belief is that there is probably an amount of people greater than zero who will vote for Obama simply because of his skin pigment. But the vast majority of his voters, especially the black voters, will vote for him because he represents the possibility of more equality between the races.

And there is probably an amount of people greater than zero who will vote against Obama simply because of his skin pigment. But the vast majority of his critics, especially the white critics, will vote against him because he represents the possibility of more equality between the races. And they don't want that. Because they're afraid of what it might take away from them.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

If you really believe what you said about black people then [snip]First of all, I don't beleive Obama will stop terroists but one of main recruiting tools of islamic fascists is perpuating the image of America as white rich infidels trying to destroy Islam. Prez like Bush is the a gift to terrorists because he's there best fundraiser. Its a more difficult to recruit people with obamas photo on a protest sign.

Second of all, Funny thing about rev writght and the others is that they are NOT Obama, he has denounced them, they have no connection to the campaign and would have no connection to his presidency

Yes is Obama is elected there will not be a single black person currently in the senate. Of course there will be more but what does it say about our country if their is not one black person in the senate. By the way wow 5 black people in 232 year history of the senate, Jesus it's just being overun by blacks.

In the 1960's Millions of African Americans improved their lives in the civil rights movement, this movement was sparked by leaders such as MLK, Rosa Parks, Obama can help inspire a similar social movement. By the way most black people work and you can't even collect welfare for more than two years and your female. Get rid of your stupid tired 90s cliche

thank you for your propagandathe more ignorant people like you who get heard the more it inclines reasonable americans to vote for Obama. All this talk of rev wright just helps Obama. People could give a [snip]about rev wright gas is going to be 5 dollars by the end of the year. More republicans bring it up the stupider these scandals look worse. Btw John Mccain as a teenager did'nt put his hand over his heart for a pledge of allegiance he must be a tratior

Mod Edit - Removed Insult and Profanity.

1b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Terms and Conditions Of Use

[edit on 1-6-2008 by elevatedone]

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

He might be interested in putting some policies in place to help black people to be treated more equally in this country.

Whoa there....

Blacks treated unfairly?????

Ahem.. do you really want to open this door? Well, obviously you did.. so lets look at this.

Blacks get the United Negro College Fund. Strictly for black people.. whites need not apply. ------ Do white people have a fund like this? Strictly for white people? Let me answer that for you... NOPE.

Social Services - I have learned this one first hand. Because I am white.. working a 40 hour a week job.. and have no children at home now.. I do not qualify for assistance. Never mind that after my bills I have 121 dollars a month to buy food, wash clothes, buy hygiene products. (before you start screaming turn off cable, turn off phone, turn off net... I have none of those at my apt. I do not even own a tv or computer because I cannot afford it.) However, I work with all kinds of black people who have assistance (massive amount of it) and they work same nmbr of hours and make MORE than me, some of them with no children at home.. some with one or two.

Point is.. blacks get assistance more than whites. If I was black, pregnant or had a mess of kids at home, and not working.. I would get all the assistance I could ever want.

So... please kindly tell me how blacks are treated unfairly in this country?? I am so SICK of the blacks are repressed crap I hear.

Blacks are not repressed. They are not oppressed. They are not suppressed.

If a black person has nothing and whines about it - s/he wants a hand out and uses the race card to get it.

If a black person has something and is proud of it - other blacks say he sold out to get where he is.

The only people in this country that I think are entitled to something is the Native Americans and even they cannot claim to be treated unfairly anymore.

VV

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
You ask what is wrong with choosing someone based on thier race or color.

Well...........Think about it.

The color of a person has nothing to do with what they believe in or stand for. If I were to vote for McCain because he is "white", or Hillary because she is a "woman" and not even look at what direction they plan for the country I think it would be a bit shortsighted, don't you?

Don't assume that because a person is of a certain color that they will be for others of that same color or gender.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And you are wrong. People do care about connections to Wright and Pfleger and Moss.

Otherwise it wouldnt have been made public knowledge. I do NOT want a man in office who sat through those "sermons" for 20 yrs. His excuse when asked about it? " I did not know." I call bullsh*t. You cannot listen to something for 20 yrs and not have it sink in to some degree.

White people did NOT put blacks where they are now. Hell, lets look at history shall we? AFRICANS sold the slaves to the whites. Their own people SOLD them to the whites. Yet never look at that fact. Brush it under the carpet and forget that. It is all the white people's fault.

I am sick of being told it is MY fault that some black person does not live the life they want. I do not own slaves. My parents did not own slaves. My grandparents did not own slaves. My great grandparents did not own slaves... I could go on here. My family, none of them in the US, has ever owned slaves. Now if you want to go back to my Swedish ancestors... possibly.. they were vikings and it was common.. however.. their slaves would have been british, scottish, french, irish.. etc.

Either way.. I am not to blame for some black person not having what they think is their right.

Get off your duff and do something about it. Stop looking for handout. Stop waiting for a black president to come along and "even the playing field".

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I dont like him because he's got big ears.
That's my shallow self talking now.

I actually have lost faith in all government, so it doesnt matter to me who gets the coveted title.

I dont want to know anything about the candidates, i can only hope and pray that those that are voting will make the wisest choice if there is a wise choice.

I want Bush OUT. That's my main concern. I want to hear that he's packing and on his way to Paraguay to raise pigs.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I want Bush OUT. That's my main concern. I want to hear that he's packing and on his way to Paraguay to raise pigs.

Wow, dg, I hadn't heard about his raising pigs in Paraguay. Well, he should be successful at that, as he certainly has fed them well from his trough in Washington.

Re voting for Obama. When I heard him speak a couple years ago, I knew then that I would vote for him if he ever would run for the presidency. If anyone would restore the world's faith in America, it would be Obama.
Wow, voting for a candidate based solely on skin color (or gender!)...that would be a novel idea, except it's been done up until now, as I don't recall a single non-white, non-male president.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

A lot of anti-Obama people claim that Obama is popular solely because of white You know what i say to them Fu## them. You know why because yes i do like Obama because he is black.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Finally, an Obama supporter comes clean to reveal what we've been saying all along. The SUPPORT for Obama is based on race, not the dissent.

All the accusations of "you don't like Obama because he's black" really were just self-projections. The only reason they DO like Obama is because he's black.

See the difference???

If you are going to vote for somebody based on the color of their skinned then you are disgracing everything MLK stood for, and have fallen victim to the opportunists who hijacked the civil rights movement.

But hey.... to each his own.... I personally think Obama's policies are going to set back the U.S. 20 years, maybe even to the point where the damage will be irreparable. But at least we can say that we had a black POTUS.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Finally, someone that can admitt the truth! how refreshing! most people that want to vote for obama talk about "hope" and "change" and "hope for the future" and all this nonsense.
I am glad one of his supporters actually had the cajones to come out and admit he is a racist.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Why are we feeding the troll?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hmmmm... 20 years ago....

US at war with Iraq
George Bush in office
Dick Cheney was a top political figure
US economic recession

Which administration did you say would set the US back 20 years?

Edit: Well, it looks like someone edited their post. Maybe they realized what was actually happening 20 years ago.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie

He might be interested in putting some policies in place to help black people to be treated more equally in this country.

Whoa there....

Blacks treated unfairly?????

Ahem.. do you really want to open this door? Well, obviously you did.. so lets look at this.

Blacks get the United Negro College Fund. Strictly for black people.. whites need not apply. ------ Do white people have a fund like this? Strictly for white people? Let me answer that for you... NOPE.

I applaud you, VV!! I couldn't agree with you more!!

Mod Edit - removed large quote.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I really want to tell ValhallasValkyrie that that isn't true...

But I guess I'd be lying.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

really??? White people did'nt do anything to black people are you serious have you not heard of jim crow, segreation or i dunno slavery!!!! Really!! Whites are not to blame for slavery are you kidding me. Im sorry so blacks weren't shipped to america agaisnt their will in huge numbers.

OMG you are so mislead. Whites did not go to Africa and just round up black people. They went there and Africans SOLD blacks to the whites. Am I saying whites were right? No.

However, slavery has been around a LOT longer than just blacks to whites in america. It was mentioned in the bible (and condoned in the bible). Slavery has happened to EVERY race on this planet. So I am SICK of hearing the blacks harp on it as if they are the only ones who have had the misfortune of being slaves.

Are they slaves now? Nope. Were their grandparents slaves? Nope. Great grandparents? Nope. Dont want to hear it anymore. It is done. It is over and it should be moved on from. Period.

Want someone to blame? Look at the Africans who sold their ancestors to the whites. Period. End of story.

Fact is, blacks are not treated unfairly in this country.

And another fact.. small penis? Dont have one at all. I am female and I am not upset at blacks making more than me... they went through the same chain that I can go through to get to that paycheck. Point is.. if they can do it.. so can every other black.

Get OFF their duffs and change their lives. How hard is that to understand?Hand outs do not need to be given just because their ancestors were slaves.

Entitlement complexes like this are what is killing this country.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ValhallasValkyrie

You are misinformed. UNCF despite it's name is not just for black people. It's for minorities. And white people do have funds. They're not strictly for white people, but neither is UNCF.

UNCF-member schools do not discriminate and UNCF-administered scholarships are open to all.

UNCF.org

Social Services

Again, the country's social services are for everyone who needs it. I have used them before myself. It's not a perfect system, but it's there for everyone.

So... please kindly tell me how blacks are treated unfairly in this country??

That's all right. I'm not inclined to tell you any more than I already have. Kindly or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

A lot of anti-Obama people claim that Obama is popular solely because of white You know what i say to them Fu## them. You know why because yes i do like Obama because he is black.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Finally, an Obama supporter comes clean to reveal what we've been saying all along. The SUPPORT for Obama is based on race, not the dissent.

All the accusations of "you don't like Obama because he's black" really were just self-projections. The only reason they DO like Obama is because he's black.

See the difference???

If you are going to vote for somebody based on the color of their skinned then you are disgracing everything MLK stood for, and have fallen victim to the opportunists who hijacked the civil rights movement.

But hey.... to each his own.... I personally think Obama's policies are going to set back the U.S. 20 years, maybe even to the point where the damage will be irreparable. But at least we can say that we had a black POTUS.

Reading this forum confirms my belief that racism is alive and thriving in the USA. Most white people have been conditioned to sit back, keep their mouths shut and accept the politically correct crap broadcast about how blacks are repressed. Blacks are not repressed, whites are! This is the only forum I have read here regarding this subject where people actually said what they felt. I applaud everyone for being honest and candid!

It is no secret that a lot of people are voting for Obama because he is black. Two of my black co-workers were in a heavy discussion prior to the NC primary. They were preaching love to Obama and hate to Hillary. Funny this is, they were under the impression that the primary was actually the vote for the Presidency. They thought Obama and Hillary were running against each other, so I asked which candidate did they feel would have a better chance of beating McCain. They didn't know who McCain was! So I explained that both Obama and Hillary were Democratic and that a Democrat would have to beat the Republican for the Presidency they questioned whether or not I was "joking" with them. I left the conversation at that point.

This is a popularity race. Obama supporters are voting for him because of the color of his skin. It's not because of his experience, that's for sure!

I'm interested in seeing how they react when they find out he is not who they think he is. He is not going to give a better life to blacks. He is not going to offer them financial support because of slavery. He is not going to give them special privileges. He is simply making promises to get elected.

What sort of change has he made during his political career thus far that would lead anybody to believe he can make such drastic changes if elected? When he tells me that gas prices will be back at $1/gal, that the real estate and job markets will be booming, or when our dollar will be worth $1 again, then maybe I'll listen. Until then, he's a joke!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's all right. I'm not inclined to tell you any more than I already have. Kindly or otherwise.

Because you can't. Plain and simple.

As for calling me racist or an ignorant ****.. go ahead. You are apparently under the misconception that your opinion of me matters. It doesn't.

I will admit this.. I have the gonads to step up and say what thousands think. I will not sit back and stay quiet about this load of bs being shoveled that blacks are repressed, oppressed or suppressed.

Do they have legs? Arms? Brains? Can they extend their hand and flip it over? Yes? Then they can get a job, even if it is flipping burgers, and work to get the life they want.

[edit on 1/6/08 by ValhallasValkyrie]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join