It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former German Foreign Minister Fischer: US, Israel will attack Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Former German Foreign Minister Fischer: US, Israel will attack Iran

www.presstv.com

Former German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer says Israel is planning to attack Iran in the near future over its nuclear program.

He wrote a piece that appeared in today's Daily Star, an English-language Lebanese newspaper, arguing that President Bush's recent visit to the Middle East was a precursor to a war against Iran.

"The Middle East is drifting toward a new great confrontation in 2008. Iran must understand that without a diplomatic solution in the coming months, a dangerous military conflict is very likely to erupt. It is high time for serious negotiations to begin," he said.

Fischer said Bush's speech during his address to the Israeli Knesset, or parliament, this month indicated a coming Israeli-US attack on Iran's nuclear program.

"He (Bush) seemed to be planning, together with Israel, to end the Iranian nuclear program -- and to do so by military, rather than by diplomatic, means....
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yet another very disturbing assessment of imminent war against Iran by the former German Foreign Minister, Joscha Fischer, who held the post from 1998 to 2005.

His analysis: either Iran caves soon on its nuclear program or it will be attacked. Bush's recent visits to Israel laid the groundwork.

It seems that only hope can argue against his dispassionate assessment.

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

i vote we start a ATS pool, we have dozens of topics on Iran will be attacked on this Date and Iran will do this on that date

wouldnt it be nice to have a bet on this

edIt:
before anyone else guns me down for this comment
its sarcastic in no way or form do i condone profiting from others misfortune

[edit on 1-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

i vote we start a ATS pool, we have dozens of topics on Iran will be attacked on this Date and Iran will do this on that date

We could also vote on when and if your dog was run over by a car, but that would be in bad taste. Heck, it's only war with Iran, so let's go for it! /sarcasm

And if you think an assessment of probable war involving the US, Israel and Iran, given by a former German foreign minister--and not Bill O'Reilly or Alex Jones--is not worth the virtual space it takes up by posting it, well, you're welcome to your opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
It's got to happen before Bush leaves office otherwise it won't work.

There is no telling if the next President we be down with the agenda so yea expect it to happen this year. PNAC goals are being met, now to neuter Iran for Israel and it should be smooth sailing. They have no idea what they will unleash on the world when they do this.

What a mess.

I can't stand our leaders...they don't care what we think just say what we should feel about the crap they put us in.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
No one knows when the attack will come> When it comes, it will come like a theif in the night. The only thing we can be sure of is that if indeed Iran comes up with a nuke...Iran will be attacked. Thats a given.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
It's got to happen before Bush leaves office otherwise it won't work.

There is no telling if the next President we be down with the agenda so yea expect it to happen this year. PNAC goals are being met, now to neuter Iran for Israel and it should be smooth sailing. They have no idea what they will unleash on the world when they do this.

What a mess.

I can't stand our leaders...they don't care what we think just say what we should feel about the crap they put us in.

- Lee

While I agree with what you are saying, I have a feeling that they know a *lot* better than you, me or most other people on ATS what "they will unleash on the world" when/if they attack Iran.

They would know about their capabilities more in depth than us, as well as what other countries would come to their aid and what countries wouldn't, and the likelyhood of it sparking WWIII. (you didn't mention WWIII, but we've all seen it being said numerous times around these monotonous "Iran will be attacked soon" threads)

But yes, I agree with you wholeheartedly, I'm just sure that they would know full well the consequences of any military action they may take on a much, much higher scale than us.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by gottago

I vote we start a ATS pool, we have dozens of topics on Iran will be attacked on this Date and Iran will do this on that date

Wouldn’t it be nice to have a bet on this

Um NO I DON’T (caps acceptable IMO) think it would be nice to have a "Bet" on when the NEXT WORLD WAR starts and hundreds of thousands if not millions of civilians will be dying again.

You do do you? would like to make money and gain from other peoples misfortune?....

Well hey there’s a lot of people like that on the hill at the Moment, im sure you would get of loads of "tips" and wagers there.

A major political figure has come forward with information that is not just based on "rumours" or "gossip" but has put there name forward, agreed with the rumours till now that indeed Bush and Co do intend to start the Third World War like everyone has been fearing, and people want to see who can "guess" the correct date.

This people is not a computer game, this is real people, real politicians, real world about to start killing each other.

I feel that we have all become desensitized to this and forget how important it is.

ANY credible evidence or testimony like this, from a known, reputable in the know person, stated on record is of GRAVE concern.

IM starting a New Book for betting, how long till Bodrull and others who post in this way on this matter, especially in relation to turning whole civilisations to "Glass", how long until you are firstly conscripted

odds 10/1 over the next 12 months

secondly raped by a Training/Battle sergeant

odds 50/1 over next year

thirdly vomit and loose continence abilities when you see your training friend explode next to you and his organs splatter your face

50/1 over next 12 months

Fourthly being shipped bag in coffin or wheelchair ruined or dead for life
odds 25/1 over next 12 months.

Oh I think this is nice to speculate and bet about these "hypothetical" issues, read your history, how hypothetical are they.

Good find Op very important, unlike the NYP story with no collaboration this one is cert.

Worrying, obvious, getting closer, right in our faces, most dangerous point in human history stares us in the face, what are you going to do about it?

regain your power

regards

Elf

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
So we are suprised by comments from a ex-Green party minister and man who was criticised for attending Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO was a terrorist organistaion) in 1968?

At that conference Yasser Arafat called for an all-out war on Israel "until the end".

So, Fischer is not bias then?

Fischer was a leader in several street battles fought by the anarchist Putzgruppe (literally "cleaning squad", with the first syllable being interpreted as an acronym for Proletarische Union für Terror und Zerstörung, "Proletarian Union for Terror and Destruction") which physically attacked a number of police officers. Photos of one such battle in March 1973, which were later to haunt him, show him clubbing policeman Rainer Marx

Bio: Joschka Fischer

Not the best person to lecture us on war when he was heavily involved in the radical violent left wing groups of West Germany

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Infinate,
Important but not important really,

Blair was in his university days the head of the Campaign For Nuclear Disarmanent in his area!

Does that mean we take all things actions on nuclear weapons based on his "old" philosophy. Some other cabinet members of "new Labour" were in the communist party when younger etc.

Their actions now are the anti thesis of there views then.

IMO his recent political appointments mean we have to take this seriously.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

i doubt i will be conscripted and even if i was i would rather rot in a Jail cell then fight a phoney war.
feel free to check my other posts and topics when it comes to this subject.

and the way you say

IM starting a New Book for betting, how long till Bodrull and others who post in this way on this matter, especially in relation to turning whole civilisations to "Glass", how long until you are firstly conscripted

quote me where i ever condoned a WAR or turning a civilisation into glass.

reply to post by gottago

i dont have pets so that sarcastic reply is null

let me explain my sarcastic reply to this topic in detail.
this has subject seems to be repeated almost on a daily basis that its become a joke in its self.

on a daily basis we seem to get new topics on ATS where someone has said so and so and on this date this is going to happen.

to be frank i i dont take a hoot.
at few people taking my sarcastic reply and getting their knickers in a twist.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Fischer met the PLO when it carried out terrorist attacks on Israel and is now blaming America/Israel for planning to attack Iran. His past actions are relevant.

Fischer was apart of the new left. The new left are anti-American and anti-Israel. His views expressed in the article are preached by many new left parties throughout the world.

Don't get me wrong, not calling him an anti-semite just his views are baised to the new left doctrine.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So what are we to do with Iran?

They have said that they want to destroy Israel.

They have said that they want to develop Nuclear Energy. Why in the world would they want to do this? There are other avenues to explore when wanting alternate sources of energy.

I think that if we could destroy the ability of Iran to create a Nuke it may be viewed as good thing for the earth.

In retrospect it was a good thing to destroy Iraq's Nuclear Plant back in the 1980's
.news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Here is a complete transcript of President Bush's speech before Knesset on May 15th:

President Bush Addresses Members of the Knesset

I decided to read it first, before the editorial linked in the OP, to avoid front-loading my opinion. I was struck by the depth of the religious connections he raised! Much more straightforward than when talking to American audiences:

The alliance between our governments is unbreakable, yet the source of our friendship runs deeper than any treaty. It is grounded in the shared spirit of our people, the bonds of the Book, the ties of the soul.
I have touched the Western Wall, seen the sun reflected in the Sea of Galilee, I have prayed at Yad Vashem. And earlier today, I visited Masada, an inspiring monument to courage and sacrifice. At this historic site, Israeli soldiers swear an oath: "Masada shall never fall again." Citizens of Israel: Masada shall never fall again, and America will be at your side.
As we go forward, our alliance will be guided by clear principles -- shared convictions rooted in moral clarity and unswayed by popularity polls or the shifting opinions of international elites.
The fight against terror and extremism is the defining challenge of our time. [...] This struggle is waged with the technology of the 21st century, but at its core it is an ancient battle between good and evil. The killers claim the mantle of Islam, but they are not religious men. No one who prays to the God of Abraham could strap a suicide vest to an innocent child, or blow up guiltless guests at a Passover Seder, or fly planes into office buildings filled with unsuspecting workers. In truth, the men who carry out these savage acts serve no higher goal than their own desire for power. They accept no God before themselves. And they reserve a special hatred for the most ardent defenders of liberty, including Americans and Israelis.
America stands with you in breaking up terrorist networks and denying the extremists sanctuary. America stands with you in firmly opposing Iran's nuclear weapons ambitions. Permitting the world's leading sponsor of terror to possess the world's deadliest weapons would be an unforgivable betrayal for future generations. For the sake of peace, the world must not allow Iran to have a nuclear weapon.
Ultimately, to prevail in this struggle, we must offer an alternative to the ideology of the extremists by extending our vision of justice and tolerance and freedom and hope. These values are the self-evident right of all people, of all religions, in all the world because they are a gift from the Almighty God.

Claiming unswayable moral clarity and a divinely-inspired mission is dangerous dangerous dangerous. Aren't there enough lessons from history showing this? If I remember correctly, the Nazi's wore belt-buckles with the inscription "God Is With Us".

The complete speech is well worth reading. On to the editorial...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

so again someones using the Wipeout the zionest regieme to destroying Israel
how eligant.

also you say that Iran should be using alternitive energy yet.
in the UK the goverment is urged to build new nuclear power plants and the US is dealing with India and arab countries on nuclear power plants.

talk about hypcocarsy and double standerds at its best.

and no the US wouldnt be doing the world a faver attacking Irans nuclear power plant.
there is no proof Iran is building Nukes or has the desire for nukes, just the asumptions of some fat cat lobbying for another conflict.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

i vote we start a ATS pool, ...on Iran will be attacked...

The worlds price of oil is actually a proxy for this attack Iran probability.

Oil has retreated a few bucks a barrel this week, but that is reflecting
the US Feds likelyhood of upping the prime lending rate instead of contining to lower the treasury rate below the present 2%

Oil will remain at all time highs because of the hostility factor looming
with Iran ultimately, but most likely beginning in Lebanon and Syria with the Hezbollah as proxies for Iran...

Vegas probably does have odds on an Iran strike,
why don't you just report on that if it is available?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
As we go forward, our alliance will be guided by clear principles -- shared convictions rooted in moral clarity and unswayed by popularity polls or the shifting opinions of international elites.

I find that entire speech disturbing but no segment moreso than the one quoted above.

I mean, "unswayed by popularity polls"?

Scott McClellan recently referred to Bush's agenda in the Middle East as "coercive diplomacy". Clearly the agenda is coercive.

Diplomatic?

Clearly not.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i vote we start a ATS pool, ...on Iran will be attacked...

Vegas probably does have odds on an Iran strike,
why don't you just report on that if it is available?

Well, you know that's not such a bad idea, so here's what Vegas says:

Las Vegas Gives 3 to 2 Odds America Will Go to War With Iran

Unconfirmed sources report that 'guys in the know' in Vegas have increased the odds that America will be going to war with Iran within 6 months to 3 to 2. The odds on going to war with Iran had been holding steady for several months at 10 to 1 against until recent developments caused a reassessment of the situation.

"Why did we changes the odds? You gotta' be kidding me." Says Bob "The Wrench" Fantone, when asked why the change. "We are not a charity here. We looked at the situation, I got some very good guys on this one, and we realized our exposure was too great. You don't have to be the Secretary of state to see what is going on here."

"Lets see...we got a second carrier group going to the gulf. To do what? Beat up the Iraq insurgent's air force? I think not."

"We start wrapping up Iranian officials inside Iraq. Maybe to secure the rear areas, when we move on to Iran? Think about it!"

"And get this Bush says 'All options are on the table to ensure that Iran will never get a nuclear weapon.' You tell me, doesn't that sound like Bush is preparing to launch a preemptive nuclear strike to Prevent Tehran from going nuclear?"

"Oh and my favorite. It has just be announced that " ...U.S. forces have the authority to capture or kill Iranian agents active in attacking American soldiers inside Iraq..." Can you say Gulf of Tonkin. If this isn't a set up for 'a war in defense of the brave Iraqi democracy' I'm not called 'The Wrench.'

"This thing is going to hell soon and we are not going to be left holding the bag. Future generations of American might, but not us." Concluded Fantone.

Follow the smart money.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

The guy has been out of the loop for three years. He don't know squat in my opinion. We have seen this same kind of post many many times.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
reply to post by gottago

The guy has been out of the loop for three years. He don't know squat in my opinion.

He ran the foreign policy of Germany for seven years; you think because a new party is in power that his brain then fell out and his contacts all died?

We have seen this same kind of post many many times.

Might there be a reason for that?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join