It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If You Don't Like Obama You Are A Racist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well obviously thats not true but here's the point I want to make. At no time in this campaign has anyone in the Obama campaign played the race card. Or suggested any sort of racism. Yet people want to paint Obama because of their own stupid beliefs. No one has ever said you are racist if you don't vote for Obama. Also I can't even count how many people throw around the term white guilt around in regards in Obama. If you think the 20 million plus votes for Obama are because of white guilt and not because of genuine support, well you probaly are a racist Also quit calling all Obama fans sheeple. You know who are *snip* sheeple peope who do not like things simply becasue they are popular. I think people see Obama's popularity and want to hate him simply because he's so popular. Sheeple are also people who sterotype a entire group of people for no real reason ala calling ALL Obama people sheep.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/1/2008 by Gools]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
There have been plenty of people, both on this board and on others, that have made thinly veiled accusations of racism against anyone not supporting Obama. That fact seems pretty obvious to me.

As I said in a response to another poster, his supporters do play a minor role in my decision not to support the man in any way at all. Some of them are friggin' lunatics and as much as some of Obama's policies concern me, some of those supporters concern me even more. Not all of them are that way, but there's either a sizeable or very vocal minority that are.

So in the end, given that I don't support him, I think the Obama fanatics are doing a great job. I hope they continue to alienate moderate and conservative voters with their rhetoric. Heck, even the Dem boards I've visted lately are starting to turn into absolute warzones between the Obama and Clinton supporters.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There is certainly a coalition of anti-Obama members at ATS. I personally feel that they act in unison to bully anyone who refutes their often outrageous and absurd claims.

It's just not worth the trouble to explain to them, educate them or argue with them. They are just not logical or civil in their debate tactics. It's not even enough that you have your opinion and let them have theirs; they feel the need to mock, deride and surf all of the pro-Obama threads like a pack of wild hyenas.

Just don't feed the trolls.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Starred. I wish I could star it a dozen times. That sums up what is going on right now perfectly. That crowd should be arriving in this thread shortly.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yeah, like that's not a two-way street. There have been plenty of unfair attacks on Obama and his supporters, but there have been plenty of unfair attacks BY Obama's supporters as well. Both sides are guilty as hell.

That said, for better or worse, political debate is rarely fair and no matter which side you're on, you'd better have a thick skin if you want to engage in it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Woohoo! I am racist?!

Actually, I am not. I do not care about color of other people's skin.

However...

I do not support Obama. I cannot, in good conscience, support him.

I disagree with what I know about concerning him.

And he has NO policies. NONE.

For all of you who support him.. tell me one of his policies you support in detail.

And lastly.. I do not want a man in office who has listened to hate the whites, they did this to us and america is evil rhetoric for 20 yrs.

VV

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I agree completely. No one in the Obama campaign has made race an issue on the campaign trail.

I am quite sure the same would apply if it came out that McCain, or Hillary, had ties to the neo-Nazis. If they belong to a race based political/religious group for 20 years that stated openly "We are a European people, and remain true to our native land, the Fatherland, Germany, the cradle of civilization."

We as a people are willing to overlook that type of activity no matter where it may raise its head.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
If it came out that Hillary or McCain were part of such "religious" groups.. I would shout my disapproval of them as well.

I do not support bigotry. Period.

Either way, as it stands... Obama in office is a powder keg waiting to blow.

Simple fact is.. he is not presidental material. He has known close associates that preach against this country AND demand retribution from white people for things that do not happen now and have not happened in a long ass time. He has been quoted and taped saying he does not support our national flag or our national anthem.

Do not support our flag or anthem? Get the *bleep* off the stage and go home. You do not deserve to lead this country.

Enough said right there.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

As a person he is a very likable guy as far as his Marxist views I totally disagree with him and his wife. When I look at Obama I do not see a black person I see a articulate white person in sheeps clothing. If this is racist so be it this is what I actually see. I have a lot of black friends that are leaning toward electing Obama. Hillary has an advantage because Bill and her like the fact that he was referred to as the first black president and Billary feels like Obama played the race card against them or I should say Hillary.

Was the preaching that went on in Obama's church the other day a set up for him to severe his relationship by resigning from his church or was this not the case? Could this give Obama an easy out and put the church membership controversy issue behind him? Rik Riley

[edit on 1-6-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So your title was somehwat misleading. No problem. I've been called a racist by Obama supporters online for many months now. It doesn't offend me anymore.

Early in this primary I might have supported Obama. I was an Edwards supporter and didn't support Hillary because I dreaded the assault on her that would be forthcoming from the Republicans. I was not prepared for the sheer hate Obama supporters displayed for a woman who has every right to be in this race. I made the decision to support Hillary once Bill was slandered in my home state (SC). Cries of racism in the press against him sickened me and hardened my resolve to support Hillary and reject Obama.

It really wouldn't matter to me if Obama were proven to be the second coming of Christ; I won't vote for him and neither will many, many hundreds of thousands of women whom the DNC and media, along with online Obama supporters, have discounted and offended. We have been told we are not needed; we have heard; and we won't be little sweeties who fall in line come November.

Consider this: At some Hillary rallies the phrase,"Iron my shirt," was yelled at her. If the same sort of denigrating phrase, such as, "Shine my shoes," had been yelled at Obama the perpetrator would have been called racist. The first slur is simply considered funny -- not sexist, which it certainly is!

Our displeasure with this primary season goes beyond the DNC saddling us with an unvetted, unqualified, scandal-ridden candidate who is sure to be added to the long, unimpressive list of Democratic presidential nominees forced on us by the party. A party which, by the way, has produced only two winners in the past forty years. One whom the same party has smeared over and over again for simply campaigning for his wife. Disgusting.

We'll remember in November.

But our votes may not count anyway if the Illuminati have decided Obama is the chosen one.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by obamafan14
Well obviously thats not true but here's the point I want to make. At no time in this campaign has anyone in the Obama campaign played the race card. Or suggested any sort of racism. Yet people want to paint Obama because of their own stupid beliefs.

Is this post meant to be sarcastic?

Obama played the race card over and over in the campaign, starting with the South Carolina primary. And let's not forget his famous "bitter" and "clinging" comment he made in San Francisco when answering a question about why Hillary seemed to be getting a lot of the white vote.

His supporters here REPEATEDLY have directly accused people of being racist if they didn't like Obama.

And I have no idea what you're talking about when you say people want to "paint" Obama because of their own stupid beliefs? Paint him as what? A race-baiting politician?

Your post exemplifies the incessantly condescending whine that we've been hearing from day one coming from Obama supporters. If you don't like Obama there must be something wrong with you.

Give it a rest. You're not helping Barry any.

Read This To See How Obama Supporters Look To Other People

[edit on 1-6-2008 by jamie83]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
I agree completely. No one in the Obama campaign has made race an issue on the campaign trail.

Do you even pay attention to the news?

The whole "bitter" episode was all about race. It was how Obama was explaining why white people don't vote for him.

Did you see the speech in Philadelphia? The entire speech was about race, broadcast live in prime time on national television.

My god.... it's worse than I thought...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
In my humble opinion, Mrs. Clinton has played the gender card and Mr. Obama has cleverly played the race card.

Neither candidate appears to be presidential material to me.

I am far removed from being a Democrat. Nor am I a republican. I am adrift in the ocean without a paddle and lacking a presidential candidate.

I will vote for McCain just to keep the democratic nominee from becoming president. Of course it will be voting for the lesser evil.

Revolution may be our only answer somewhere in the distant future.

[edit on 1-6-2008 by dizziedame]

[edit on 1-6-2008 by dizziedame]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I live in the Uk..but this Obama guy from the first time I heard and saw him and that was some time ago ..pricked something in my awareness.

So I have watched and listened...and read about him.,

I don't trust him ..this is my opinion...he is clever ..very clever and a maipultor...and I believe he has his own hidden agenda...
It has nothing to do with colour or the fact he is an American...just feel there is something not quiet right about the guy...

But then again I think most of the politicians in America are muppets..

Our lot in the UK are just bumbling self iterested imbeciles over here..

I think globally with all the governements there are,,,the average guy is...buggered!!

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

If you think the 20 million plus votes for Obama are because of white guilt and not because of genuine support, well you probaly are a racist

I don't think they are due to white guilt, but that could be because I don't feel guilty being white and not supporting Obama. What I do think though is that some of those votes supporting him are by people who just don't want to see a woman as president, some are truly his supporters and have no problems with the people he associates with (which is beyond my level of comprehension) or the fact that no one can name any of his policies, and some would feel "white guilt", as you call it, for not supporting him. Not to mention that some of those super delegates that are voting for him were most likely bought votes.

Mainly I think that a lot, maybe not all but a lot, of people who are voting for him have either been swept up in Obama-mania and are voting for him because they think every one else is, or they are completely oblivious to the people he associates with or the messages he's been listening to for the last 20+ years.

I'm with ValhallasValkyrie on this one, I don't want a man, or woman for that matter, in office who has been listening to "damn America" and "whitey owes us cause whitey's never been a poor black man" for 20+ years, and then has the nerve to say "I wasn't there that day. I didn't hear it being said." How on earth can you go to a church for 20+ years and never understand that when the preacher says "damn America" he's not talking about South America or Central America, he's talking about the U.S.?

Are we really supposed to believe that the Wright only said those things once? He quite obviously felt comfortable preaching his political, not religious, message of hate. So apparently he has done it more than once or he wouldn't have been so bold in his statements. I'm not quite brainwashed enough to believe that this was an isolated incident, that Obama was miraculously never in church any of the days his preacher was preaching hate, or that the feelings and statements of Wright are not the same feelings that Obama has.

You do not sit in a church every Sunday and listen to hate spewing from your preacher's mouth if you don't believe what he is saying. That is not the kind of person I want leading this country. And for the record, I would feel the same way if we wee talking about a white candidate going to clan rallies for 20+ years, I wouldn't support them either.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
What if I'm not White? Does that still make me racist?

What if I am about as white as Obama? Does that make me racist?

What if I have Creole heritage, with French, Spanish, African, and Native American? Am I still racist?

Throw in some Irish and Semitic too and you got my ethnic heritage.

I'm not sure its possible for me to hate anyone without being racist towards myself, my relatives or ancestors.

[edit on 1/6/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't think it is fair to label anyone 'racist' for not liking Obama. After all, Obama is part 'white' and I don't see that racist divide in him. The only racist issue I see with the presidential election is the division of the 'human race', whereby people should not feel disenfranchised (or even discriminated) for not having a particular 'race' nominated to represent a political party. If that were the case, I'm sure more 'minorities' would run for election.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You know who are fu**ing sheeple peope

Again with the foul language. You do this all over the board.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I've never understood the term "white guilt". I'm white, and I don't feel guilt for anything my ancestors may or may not have done 200 years ago. WTF has it got to do with me? Judge me on my actions, not of the actions of those before me. And why is it all tied to blacks? Why is it not mentioned when discussing Native Americans, who we royally screwed over, and continue to do so? It's a pressure point used to gain sympathy by those who need it to get attention and actions when things aren't going their way.

If you are feeling guilty for someone else's mistakes, more fool you.

However, saying that I support Obama. Why? Because for the past 20 years, we've only had a Bush or a Clinton in the White House, and that has to stop, because George, George W. & Bill have all f'd-up the Middle East through their actions, or lack thereof, which is why we are where we are now, and that has to change. Voting for Clinton will give us a total of 24 whole years where 1 of only 2 families has run this country. Does anyone else here think the past 20 years were pretty lousy? Do you want 4 more of that?

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Alethia]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by obamafan14

I am sure there are a significant number of people who dislike Obama due to his race and culture. To make a sweeping statement and say that someone were to approach me on the street and state their disgust at Obama, I would not necessarily jump to the conclusion that it is due to the color of his skin. However, many times it is hard to tell the motivations behind some of Obama's detractors. Race can be a factor.

Out of fairness however, there are many of Obama's supporters in the African-American community who can be every bit as racist. There can be no doubt that for many, his policy positions do not play a role in their decision to support him.

All I can hope is that both camps cancel each other out. To say race has not been an issue for some supporters and detractors is a naive belief. For some on this board, racism has been a key factor just as it has been across the country. Perhaps someday we, as a society will move beyond skin color.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join