It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the origin of the word Sirius?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

The dog Sirius is one of the watchmen of the Heavens, fixed in one place at the bridge of the Milky Way, keeping guard over the abyss into incarnation. The Dog Star is a symbol of power, will, and steadfastness of purpose, and exemplifies the One who has succeeded in bridging the lower and higher consciousness

www.souledout.org...

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Note the image of the "Star of David"?

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Do you think the Jews are directly decended from the Sirians? This may have something to do with them bieng "god's chosen people?" I don't know if that may be, I'm just taking a stab in the dark here.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It is a pretty good mystery, alright.

One worth investigating as well, since it certainly comes up alot!

I can't remember why I am associating this to the symbol of the fish, but I am sure I will find something!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Fish food for thought.

We (the org represented on this website) have our stuff (Dark Tradition) in order; this has nothing to do with the Dark Tradition or anything serious. The Light Tradition is also originally part of the Dark Tradition (the Light burns IN the Darkness). This fish tradition, or in fact the entire pagan tradition with their gods and planets and sons of gods and semi gods, is wholly separate except for the dualistic confusion it may have caused with the Light Tradition peoples, the Sun cults or even the Logos Cults that demonised the Darkness. One need only look at Christianity to see the Light tradition mixed together with the Fish tradition! It's under everyone's nose. The real Priests of Dagon of old wore a mitre headdress and the Catholic religion uses this same design on their headdress! Jesus is Icthys and he is also the Light. Anything of Darkness is demonized. There is a good example of Fish/Light and dualism.

The mythopoetic method, especially in the esoteric schools, involves layers of meaning; the literal meaning being only for the fools. This can be seen with this example I'll use with Cadmus, a Dagon cultist who sets off for Greece. Getting there, he erects his fish temple and the myths are all abut his fifty warriors, fifty this and fifty that; the number fifty being important in all the Fish Traditions. That refers to the star Sirius, the orbit, etc. 50 years. Then Cadmus has a change of heart and decides he wants to join the dark mother cult of Athena. So what happens to all of Cadmus's myths about 50 warriors? Well, the myth says a Serpent comes up against the 50 warriors and they fight each other - and of course, 5 are left loyal to Cadmus. Five is always the number involved in the Dark Tradition, especially the Eastern-rooted traditions. So, having erased his own myths from the Dagon cult, he now joins up with the dark cult with a new myth to back up his conversion. If Cadmus further told us that a Bright Warrior slew the Serpent and seven new warriors sprang up, it would be saying that he left the Dark Mother cult and joined up with one of the Light Tradition cults

The Jewish tradition is surely wrapped up in this as they are EVERYWHERE!

www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
One last thing. I was looking up Clifford Stone, as I see he has opened a thread here for questions and I found this in an interview with him.

I was also informed that our galaxy is governed by a group of beings who one might call an 'Angelis Command Corps.' (fallen or unfallen 'angelics'? - Branton) In this sector they generally meet in the Pleiades & Sirius. My Government source also says that he has personally seen about 50 alien bodies stored in the UK; & that he was taken in a blacked out helicopter somewhere 'up North' to a laboratory run by the British Security Forces where he saw a set of 3 transparent coffins containing 3 giant aliens about 10-12 ft. tall (could these be the human El-Anakim who are believed to have bases deep below the western U.S., Alaska and Mexico, etc.? - Branton). However, the coffins are impregnable & the Government has been unable to break them open. I was also told that 13 sets of similar coffins have been discovered in different parts of the world. Also, the TIMES newspaper last year ran a couple of articles reproduced from Pravda stating that giant aliens have landed in SEVERAL locations in Estonia, Lithuania, & Hungary. In Hungary a whole regiment actually converged with the aliens face to face.

stone.myufo.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Thanks for all that information. I am going to read the Sirius Mystery and come back to this thread armed with new info...well new to me.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
One thing I am a little confused about is the picture I posted from NASA that shows Sirius as a six pointed image when all that I read suggests the 5 pointed star as a symbol of the Star.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Siruis=serious=snake tongue, which amphibian in nature, resembles light into service of man. The third star of the suns moon.

Dog days=GOD DAYS.

(Encarta Dictionary)
se'ri'ous
(adjective)
se'eree ess
1.very bad or great
very great, bad, dangerous, harmful, or difficult to handle

2.important
important or grave enough to require thought and attention

I will go with line number two.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

What?

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
I have been thinking alot about this lately. About the Sirians and Sirius Star System, and my question is simple. How do we (as humans) know that Sirius is called "Sirius?" How long has this star been called this? Who were the first people to call it that?

[edit on 6/1/2008 by Mad_Hatter]

Its just like the question? Who was the first person who invented numbers or words and anything like that

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

(ALPHA)-BET, learn your alphabet, children.

A translation of light into symbols.
Also I know this deals with the Lotus leaf pedal coming into the mouth, a shift in energy where man will spell out gods words.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Here's a new video put out by Hashemsfilms on Sirius:

I like the part at the end about why all satellite dishes in the northern hemisphere have to point south.

Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Its been 25 years since I read or researched anything on the Dogons, but if memory serves me, Sirius A and Sirius B plus one moon. They have a peculiar eliptical orbiting of each other also. I can't find the info I had on this. Its just from memory so it realy should be called into question!! If anyone knows if I remembered correctly please speak up!!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You will also find out that there is a connection with SATURN AND SIRUIS.

I have through my own initiation into the Universes at Large.

The law of Order, for every death there is life.

Saturn is known to be the karmic cycle, and Siruis the scorching heat of the GOD days.

Saturn runs our Universe. Ra indeed. Ra was in Egypt, we know.

(Those beings of the sacred light.)

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Great video Dr. Love!

I think it also has something to do with twinning and mirroring, and the Pillars, and of course Orion as well as Osiris.

[edit on 3-6-2008 by interestedalways]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by menguard

So according to your initiatory information, Ra is seated on Saturn? I had the feeling he was the source and commander of life on earth. Indian astrology also says Saturn is your life. The dark sun?
You could U2U me...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think you are looking for the etymology of the word "Sirius"

You can get that from Wikipedia

The most commonly used proper name of this star comes from the Latin Sīrius, from the Ancient Greek Σείριος (Seirios, "glowing" or "scorcher"),[16] although the Greek word itself may have been imported from elsewhere before the Archaic period.[85] The name's earliest recorded use dates from the 7th century BC in Hesiod's poetic work Works and Days.[85] Sirius has over 50 other designations and names attached to it.[57] In Arabic it is known as الشعرى (transliteration: 'al-ši‘rā' or 'al-shira'; English: the leader),[86] from which the alternate name 'Aschere' derives.

Osiris is not Sirius, that is Isis. Osiris is the constellation Orion.

Ra does not sit on Saturn, he was the Great Spirit. He sat at center of the Sun as well as the fiery center of the Earth. Isis (the moon) was the left eye and Horus (the Sun) was the right eye of Ra.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join